Moderator: Gary C

M1 South

Re: Player news

Post by M1 South »

Just call him Sam….it’s easier!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Nice to see Sam back. He's a fine youngster and hopefully he'll stay injury free.
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:07 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:38 pm
Spike wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:11 pm Shameful comment Ajaxman. We haven't even kicked a Ball yet.
I think he’s joking. Well, I got it.
Yes, it was play on words. And most people with an acute sense of humour would have got it. I employed the smiley emoji just incase there was any doubt though. It quite clearly isn't a personal attack on Ade Pennock.
Unfortunately I will always have my detractors on here who will deliberately take things out of context.
I did receive a heads up about some of the negative responses. No names were revealed but I knew who one of them was before I even looked.🤣
Mate it was obvious to all it was said in Jest however the keep the board happy patrol didn’t like it 😉. I hope Ade does well for us and I think the first 5-10 games will give us an indication of what he is all about, a promotion push is a must and anything under that won’t be acceptable for a club the size of Dartford.

Fingers crossed
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I don't think a 'promotion push' is a must. It would be nice but, a must? No.
I think the damage done from last season is bigger than what most people think.
It would be great if we got ourselves in a good position at Christmas but I think it's a big ask.. of course that is only my opinion.
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

Lars Resort wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:27 pm I don't think a 'promotion push' is a must. It would be nice but, a must? No.
It would be great if we got ourselves in a good position at Christmas but I think it's a big ask.. of course that is only my opinion.
A promotion push would in theory have us anywhere around the top7-8 clubs are you serious when you think you’re not expecting this as a minimum requirement ? We have been knocking on the door of the national prem since relegation from it so as an ISP club expecting anything less than in and around the top 8 is giving the club a pass to underachieve again mate.

All about opinions I do get 👍
KentC

Post by KentC »

Lars Resort wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:27 pm I don't think a 'promotion push' is a must. It would be nice but, a must? No.

Respectfully mate, what are you on. I appreciate too it’s all about opinions but anything less than the playoffs is failure of the highest stature, changes would have to be made higher up.
But I’m not going to be negative to the board coz I believe they’re wanting a title push and see where it takes us, while playoffs being minimal.
I also have every faith in AP.
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

For me, anything less than promotion is a failure. But I don’t expect us to be particularly close. Top 6 or 8 maybe. And it’ll go one of two ways: we accept that we will continue to fail until we do eventually make it back up (whenever that is) or we lower our ambitions so that we’re down here long enough that a limp playoff effort is considered a success and we end up sliding towards relegation. Sound familiar?
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I think I am on a dose of reality. I didn't say I don't want promotion , I just think what Billy said was a big ask and already putting Ade and the lads under pressure. Expecting a promotion push at this time, before a ball is kicked having had the season we had last time out and the mass exodus is asking too much.
Even Roland Edge is edging (excuse the pun) his bets on immediate promotion at the first time of asking.
To me, that's a sensible approach, not 'expecting a promotion push,',
We are no longer in the position to expect nowadays. Yes,it would be good to get in the playoffs. But I shall not be expecting anything from the team so early in the Summer.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

The reality of last season is still sinking in for me as to what Dowson left behind in his wake.

I understand what Lars is saying. The dead wood of last season have now departed the club and hopefully we get the heart of the club back and beating on the pitch with players showing they want to play for the badge.

We know those players coming through from the Academy will do that and give their all.

Why do I understand what Lars is saying? He is right, in that Ady is starting almost from scratch. Also, I look back to the last couple of seasons and we have not been very convincing in cup competitions against teams from the lower leagues. Additionally, I enjoyed following the fortunes of Cray Valley Paper Mills in their televised FA Cup games in which I thought they played a very good standard of football. Others commented on the likes of Chatham last season who were pushing hard for promotion and with other teams such as Dulwich and several other teams who have previously been in NLS competing now in ILP, it is not going to be an easy ride.

However, I am looking forward to Ade making his mark, giving us a team playing attractive football, gelling as a team, willing to get stuck in, and not the stuff served up by our previous manager.

I am delighted that Sam and Ollie Box are staying and I will be continuing with my kit sponsorship of Ollie for the forthcoming season.

COYD
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Agreed, I am hopefully continuing my sponsorship also.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Whilst I want us to do well this season and play offs would be a realistic target , we have to remember that we are in re-build whilst a number of last seasons better IPL teams have recruited well and should be even better than last season . Ade is from a [ totally] almost fresh start and I feel sure we will see progress made this season , least of all players who are giving 100% and playing for the Darts shirt and playing some good football
I am looking forward to the coming season as I do feel that the " heart " is coming back into Dartford F C and with many more local games the away support will increase and give the players the backing needed

With 10/11 players signed I am eagerly awaiting an experienced centre back[s] with leadership qualities but I have no doubt Ade is working hard on this !!!

UP THE DARTS
Spike

Post by Spike »

Having watched Sam many times when he played in the academy, I felt his best position was as holding midfield player. I felt he was excellent in that role and it was Dowse who switched him to full back. It would be good to see him get a crack in the middle, at least during the friendlies.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Incoming but who is it ????

IMG_2711.JPG
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

KSTDART wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:58 pm Incoming but who is it ????
Josh Hill
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Yep , it’s just been confirmed Josh Hill is back .
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

An excellent signing, very experienced and a strong centre half.
Hopefully he’s still got it and his legs can hold out.
rambo

Post by rambo »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:40 pm An excellent signing, very experienced and a strong centre half.
Hopefully he’s still got it and his legs can hold out.
Love this signing he’s only 32 which is fine for a centre half, probably the captain ?
I reckon this is a stunning move by Ade , looking to be a decent squad. Still need another 5/6 good players
Well done Ade
MickW

Post by MickW »

Maybe our best signing yet - welcome back Josh.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Just sometimes you close your eyes , move hands into a praying position and then you get what you want [ well I have been chirping on about a big centre back for a bit now !!] and you get Josh Hill , a 100%er , a leader , a decent guy and given a bit of luck with no injuries will do a great job for us

Well done Ade , keep signing quality [ with character ] !!
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Delighted with that signing. I actually preferred Josh Hill over Essam at the heart of our defence back in the day, so welcome back Josh.

COYD