Player news

Moderator: Gary C

Bagdhad Billy

Re: Player news

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

Great to see Sam O has signed for another year if he can show the form from 2 seasons ago we have one cracking player at ISP level 🥳
rambo

Post by rambo »

Bagdhad Billy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:24 pm Great to see Sam O has signed for another year if he can show the form from 2 seasons ago we have one cracking player at ISP level 🥳
👍excellent news
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Very happy to see Sam has re-signed , I fully expected him to be playing at a higher level
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

Finally Nembhard has gone. Signed for Enfield apparently. Good luck to them.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Sam will get chance at IPL level to get back to the form of 2 seasons ago when he really was flying , I feel sure that Ade's experience will be much better for him that the previous clown and he can look forward to developing his career to a higher level !!!!!!!!!!
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

The Duke wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:28 pm Sam will get chance at IPL level to get back to the form of 2 seasons ago when he really was flying , I feel sure that Ade's experience will be much better for him that the previous clown and he can look forward to developing his career to a higher level !!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I totally agree. Let's hope the new clown's better than the previous one. 😂
rambo

Post by rambo »

Johndfc2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:21 pm Finally Nembhard has gone. Signed for Enfield apparently. Good luck to them.
That’s them relegated first season up there then🤣
Spike

Post by Spike »

Shameful comment Ajaxman. We haven't even kicked a Ball yet.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Spike wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:11 pm Shameful comment Ajaxman. We haven't even kicked a Ball yet.
I think he’s joking. Well, I got it.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Johndfc2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:21 pm Finally Nembhard has gone. Signed for Enfield apparently. Good luck to them.
Worries me that players choose if they are going, if no club had come in for him would he be a Dartford player this season,
Surely the club should said goodbye to him and other players like him when the final ball was kicked
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:38 pm
Spike wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:11 pm Shameful comment Ajaxman. We haven't even kicked a Ball yet.
I didn't see the joke and also thought it was a poor comment.

We need everyone to get behind the manager as he has got a monumental job ahead of him and will probably need more time to sort/tweak the squad even after the season has started.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Well I read it as a ‘play’ on words when a quote alluded to the ‘previous clown’ as if to suggest there were other clowns in the mix. Of course there are not and I think that was the ‘joke’. Maybe he might clarify?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sam's signing today makes it 10 and other than Sheringham that's all of last seasons squad accounted for.

Jacob Marsden

Dwight Pascal
George Whitefield
Sam Odaudu

Denzelle Olopade
Samir Carruthers

Olly Box
Ben Allan

Duane Ofori-Acheampong
Callum Jones
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

It’s normal for him.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Great to see Sam has signed, a bit of loyalty from him.
He's big and nippy. If he can stay injury free he will be a great asset.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

It will be interesting to see where Ady will play Sam.
Will he continue at LB or revert him to central mid where i believe he has played most of his career?
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Good news on Sam re-signing hopefully he’ll get a full season in without many injuries.
Now to wait and see what other new faces Ady can bring in before the pre season friendlies start on 6th July.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:38 pm
Yes, it was a play on words. And most people with an acute sense of humour would have got it. I employed the smiley emoji just incase there was any doubt though. It quite clearly isn't a personal attack on Ade Pennock.
Unfortunately I will always have my detractors on here who will deliberately take things out of context.
I did receive a heads up about some of the negative responses. No names were revealed but I knew who one of them was before I even looked.🤣
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Tue Jun 18, 2024 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Park Life wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:28 pm It will be interesting to see where Ady will play Sam.
Will he continue at LB or revert him to central mid where i believe he has played most of his career?
Actually sometimes he drifts into midfield positions during a game and when he has done this he has done really well. I hope Ade takes a look at him for a midfield position
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Just to confirm I am pro Ade Pennock and the " clown " only referred to one man , fortunately gone !!!!

Im not convinced the Aduardo can play midfield as he is not the quickest or shown any real talent as an attacking overlapping player , however I wish him the best and working under Ade will be a big benefit for him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!