Player news

Moderator: Gary C

The 5th Searcher

Re: Player news

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I must have missed it, where has Maloney gone?
DartfordHero

Post by DartfordHero »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:07 pm I must have missed it, where has Maloney gone?
Tonbridge thankfully
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I don't do twitter or facecloth. I don't give a fig should the lads of last season go. Cos they obviously don't give a fig either.
What about Oduado? Dare we guess? I'm sure we'll be the last to find out.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Never thought for one minute Maloney would stay as he joined us well into last season and i doubt it was an enjoyable time for him, or anyone for that matter. Came with a decent enough cv but i have absolutely no idea how good he is as he was playing in a poor team and nobody shone.

As for Luke, i don't blame him for leaving if he's got a decent deal, good luck to him. If he can go and play regularly for Aveley (and on plastic) that would raise a few eyebrows imo....
On his "DAY" he is a decent player but I'm not in the least bit bothered he's gone as he was continually "injured" and in the five season he's been with us probably only started around 100 games. That's nowhere near enough, a waste of resources and a bloody distraction. It was not long ago everyone was p****d off with all the injury prone players we kept re-signing and wanted to see the back of them. Wish now granted....

So not sure how the club feel "Luke has been a brilliant player for the club over the past 5 years"..... not in my opinion.

As far as i can tell the only other regular players from last season we've still not heard about are Odaudu, Smith and Nembhard??

It's going to be really tough to completely re-build the whole squad and be competitive so Ady has a very difficult job on his hands.
But so far he's made some good signings and added some younger players who like they've got something to prove, if he can add some quality to that as well we will hopefully be competitive and be watching a team that gives us something to look forward to every week.

As for the club announcing when players have left, i'm not sure how it all works but i'm sure Ady would have sat down and spoke to them all a while ago and either offered deals or agreed to part. So it is possible that they go and sign for another club and don't even tell us until it's announced, they have no obligation to. Either way once they're gone it doesn't really matter and i'm only interested in who we sign and so far that has been handled well by Ady and the club with an official announcement. Not as in the last few seasons when we were apparently signing new players every week....
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Sure someone said that Odaudu signed a two year deal with us last season so is already signed up for next season with us?
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

But we were also told Tommy Block was signed on a 2 year contract - but he's gone elsewhere to reduce his traveling
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Didnt think Luke Allen or Maloney would stay for IPL wages , Allen [ with his glass ankles ] shouldnt have got a contract last season and Maloney didnt pull up any trees so glad they have gone , as for Oduardo . a one season wonder , crap [ lot of time injured last season ] and another one who didnt break sweat , rumour has it he wants a pay rise , seems Adie not keen to reward failure ??

Surfing the internet tells me that many other Clubs at NLS/IPL/ISE are ALL finding players are playing the waiting game so we are NOT alone , I reckon give it another 2 weeks and they will start to realise that generally the " big bucks " aint coming and there will be plenty on offer , just make sure that Adie gets the right quality/characters in !!!!!!

It suprises me that Managers from the NlS are recruiting players who were abysmal last season from a relegated Club , maybe they are recruiting on past reputations [ Wall being classic ] , surely they must have watched a number of Darts videos , I dont actually care , just glad to see the back of them

The ONLY player to leave with any credability was Luke Coulson who I'm sure will do well at Western Super Mare next season !!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:09 pm Sure someone said that Odaudu signed a two year deal with us last season so is already signed up for next season with us?
I don't think that's correct, i'm pretty sure he's out of contract.

I was told that that should he want to go somewhere else the club have to be involved and are entitled to compensation as we have developed him as a youngster through our academy??

If as i suspect the club want him to stay and have offered him new terms i wonder what the delay is??
Considering all that the club have done for him and that he's come through the ranks i would have thought he would want to stay and might have signed by now??
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Perhaps he is waiting for Dowson to get a new job so Dowse can " blow some more smoke up his a..e " and tell him what a great player he is ?????????
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

We start again with hopefully a squad of players who WANT to play for the club.
Last season was awful ,far too many players who either didn't care or simply weren't up to it
I hope that Ade can give us a team that want to wear the shirt
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Park Life wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 8:09 pm So not sure how the club feel "Luke has been a brilliant player for the club over the past 5 years"..... not in my opinion.
Quite right. Turned in a handful of decent appearances but never chained any sort of consistency together due to all his time out injured and did NOT own a pair of shooting boots.
It would have been a disappointment had we re-signed him.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

JCJ wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 3:24 pm Luke Allen signed for Averly
Totally unrelated, but Hashtag Utd will be playing their games at Aveley next season.
https://hashtagunited.co.uk/matchday-information/

Last season they played at Bowers and Pitsea, but I guess now that they are both in the same league (as us), they had to move.
I have zero idea on the rules.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Smitty would be a great player to keep, but do we really think he will stay?
One of those that gave it a go for us who found himself surrounded by no hopers.
Some may not agree with me but I feel he's far too good for a side in the IPL. Would do far better at Braintree or Chelmsford. Only saying.🤫
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

I saw an interesting article posted by Yeovil Town on the movement of players in the NL National Division. Most clubs have released a number of players but only signed one or two, if that, to replace them. The article went on to say how player demands for wages have risen appreciably and that clubs are playing a waiting game until those demands drop as players realise they are not as valuable as they think they are.

Among those released by clubs was Barnet letting Moussa Diarra go - no surprise there given he was continually loaned out last year. No doubt he is waiting to see where Dowse ends up so he can get a contract and somewhere to lodge!!

So don't panic that AP has not signed many players as yet. Interesting though that the bunch of players that got us relegated all think that they are NLS standard and above....despite a big failure on their CV's.

Good luck to AP on his recruitment drive - he's made a good start!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 9:09 pm Sure someone said that Odaudu signed a two year deal with us last season so is already signed up for next season with us?
You may be right as i'm now hearing we may have an option on Odaudu for another season??
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Taunton Dart wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:13 am
Among those released by clubs was Barnet letting Moussa Diarra go - no surprise there given he was continually loaned out last year. No doubt he is waiting to see where Dowse ends up so he can get a contract and somewhere to lodge!!
I thought l had read somewhere that Diarra had signed for Eastbourne Borough for next season after his loan spell last season?

I am very suprised that Smith hasn't been offered a deal elsewhere yet. He's a much better player than Allen or Maloney. I doubt he will stay, just a matter of time until he gets a decent offer.. Wasn't he full time at King's Lynn?
Spike

Post by Spike »

For 3/4 of every season, there is absolutely no difference between having Luke Allen in your squad and not having Luke Allen in your squad. So even if you think he's a good player, his departure doesn't matter a jot for most of the time.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Apart from the wages he's paid - unless he was on a play and pay deal
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Duane Ofori-Acheampong returns
Park Life

Post by Park Life »