Dartford Players of The Past

Moderator: Gary C

The Duke

Re: Dartford Players of The Past

Post by The Duke »

Shame as I truly believe a successful season with us in the I P playing many games would be a better bet than risking being a bench player at NLS level which he still has a way to go to achieve , however he seems a decent lad so good luck to him and IF it doesnt work out Tonbridge could loan him to us ???
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Shomotun clearly has talent, but needs to learn when to release. Far too many times he was unloaded by the opposing full back after some great footwork. You want your winger to take on their man, but taking on three is something most good footballers grow out of.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

The Duke wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 2:06 pm Shame as I truly believe a successful season with us in the I P playing many games would be a better bet than risking being a bench player at NLS level which he still has a way to go to achieve , however he seems a decent lad so good luck to him and IF it doesnt work out Tonbridge could loan him to us ???
I wouldn’t be interested in having him on loan Duke, he was given his chance by Tony to step up and show what he could do.
He didn’t have many games until the end of the season so he should’ve shown some decency to at least stay this season to really show what he was about instead of just walking away to Tonbridge at the first chance. UNLESS of course Ady didn’t want to sign him or wasn’t that faized if he stayed which hopefully means Ady has got someone better lined up to come in.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I can only think Ade didn't want him. As 5th says, rescued from obscurity you'd think he would repay us with a full season. One that could have made him.
Should he struggle at Tonbridge he may find himself in our division anyway.
Spike

Post by Spike »

He wasn't the worst player in the squad but I honestly think we can do better. I certainly wouldn't want him back on loan Duke. The last thing I want to see is a squad full of loan players, we've had enough of that over the last couple of years and it doesn't work. You can't build team spirit with someone else's players. Loaning should be a last resort, not a long term strategy.
Nin

Post by Nin »

maybe he didnt want to play against his old club in the pre-season friendly in july, so done a runner.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

No info from the club as to whether or not he refused a new deal, or if it was a managerial decision not to offer him one. Just when I thought our communication was turning a corner!
Spike

Post by Spike »

Given he barely got a sniff under Ady, I think I know what is more likely, but honestly, does it really matter?
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

Shomotun isn’t NLS standard. Maybe could’ve done a job in IP, but no great loss. Move on.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Probably end up where we got him from.
ArtTheDart

Post by ArtTheDart »

Alex Wall has gone to Hampton & Richmond FC
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

ArtTheDart wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:08 pm Alex Wall has gone to Hampton & Richmond FC
I'm amazed that any club at that level would want him
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Taunton Dart wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:33 pm
ArtTheDart wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 2:08 pm Alex Wall has gone to Hampton & Richmond FC
I'm amazed that any club at that level would want him
They must need a new hat stand.
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Mon May 27, 2024 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

At least he's gone.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Alan Julian [ fans fave at the Darts ] is new Manager at H & R and wish him well but initial reaction is " f........g hell . hope you have Wall on non contract pay as you play game " and quickly learn a lesson ???

Good luck for the season Alan , IF too many of your signings are like all then God help you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nin

Post by Nin »

The Duke wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:26 pm Alan Julian [ fans fave at the Darts ] is new Manager at H & R and wish him well
keep up. :lol: this was mentioned 2 weeks ago by pedro
Pedro wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:30 pm Alan Julian now manager of Hampton and Richmond.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Nin wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:14 pm
The Duke wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 5:26 pm Alan Julian [ fans fave at the Darts ] is new Manager at H & R and wish him well
Pedro wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:30 pm Alan Julian now manager of Hampton and Richmond.
I think the duke is putting this into some context and wishing him well, the duke spends more time on the forums then anyone
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Nin wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:14 pm
Perhaps you should read someone's full post and get the context of the comments before poking fun about 'old news'. Like Duke, I can't quite fathom why Alan Julian would sign a static Wall
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Looks like Julian's soften the blow of signing Wall by signing a lad from Whitstable up front.
Josh Williams, good luck to him playing alongside Wall.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

All in all it’s just….another prick next to Wall !!