Player news

Moderator: Gary C

Lars Resort

Re: Player news

Post by Lars Resort »

We had a big bloke up front in Harvey Bradbury.
Didn't like travelling so went to Farnborough. Couldn't get in there so traveled further to Chatham.
I wonder how long he's going to be at Havant?
Probably go back to Dorchester.
Or Truro, there's a thought.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Lars Resort wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:00 am We had a big bloke up front in Harvey Bradbury.
Didn't like travelling so went to Farnborough. Couldn't get in there so traveled further to Chatham.
I wonder how long he's going to be at Havant?
Probably go back to Dorchester.
Or Truro, there's a thought.
IMHO I think Bradbury was a carthorse
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

He's now at Havant & Waterlooville
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

That fast Rambo?
His hair job made him stand out. And towards the end of his stay with us his attitude told everyone what was going on with him. He didn't want to know.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Pennock's waiting game

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... me-307502/

Dartford manager Ady Pennock on the players’ market so far this summer as he discusses signing striker Callum Jones from Chelmsford City

Dartford boss Ady Pennock believes it’s been a players’ market this summer - but he expects that to change soon.

Pennock has made relatively slow progress throughout the close season as he prepares for the Darts’ 2024/25 Isthmian Premier campaign.

Fumnaya Shomotun has left Dartford for National League South side Tonbridge this summer.

He has signed goalkeeper Jacob Marsden and striker Callum Jones from Chelmsford, while playmaker Samir Carruthers has also returned after a season with the Essex club.

But Pennock explained: “When the season finishes, up until now, it’s the players’ market.

“They’re dictating what they want and they want more money than ever! But the club have got their pre-seasons and seasons to start to plan for.

“So, it does change. The players and agents are dictating a little bit more money at the moment - that’s something you have to be very aware of.

“That’s why I’m not making any rash decisions but we’re okay.

"We’re in a good place.”

Jones, a former youth-team prospect with Colchester, will link up with Dartford upon the expiration of his contract with Chelmsford this summer.

On the 24-year-old, Pennock stated: “Callum is a young lad.

“He’s a good age. He’s a workaholic - he works his socks off. He’s a good size at 6ft 1in and he’s very eager to do well.

“I’m very pleased to get him on board, to be honest. He’s a great character, as well, a very good lad.

“I met his family at the stadium. He has a good family behind him. He has that fire in his belly to do well.

“It’s never that easy but he has the attributes to do well as a footballer and, more importantly, is a very good character.

“With Jacob and Samir, he has got some familiar faces for him in the changing room.

“Jacob and Samir have both said that he’s a good player and a great lad.

“I hope he’ll be a good one for us.”

Leaving the Darts for National League Souths Tonbridge is forward Fumnaya Shomotun.

Nigerian-born Shomotun, 26, made 16 appearances while he was at Princes Park after initially joining under caretaker boss Tony Burman, scoring twice.

On Shomotun’s departure, Pennock said: “I don’t blame him at all.

“Players don’t want to drop down to the Isthmian League. Every player wants to play as high as they possibly can.

“We wanted to keep him but - just like the majority of the players we offered contracts to who aren’t staying - most don’t want to drop down to the level. I totally understand that.

“I just want to wish him all the best because he’s a great lad.”

Pennock was scheduled for more talks with more potential summer signings this week.

“Nearly every day, I’m talking to players,” he revealed.

“The structure, the stadium and the supporters are there. It’s a very good football club.

“With the players we have brought to the stadium, they have all been very impressed with the stadium and the facilities.

“But we will just see what will happen because I’m not in any rush.

“It’s always a busy day at this time of the season but it’s a good busy.”
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

It's okay Ade saying that players don't want to drop into the Isthmian league but we dragged Fumnaya up from the back of beyond to give him the opportunity. Not that he grabbed it with both hands.
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

Many of the players offered contracts don’t want to drop to the IPL, but they were all in a team that managed to get relegated from the NLS.
Shame they didn’t try harder last season, or maybe they all ( mostly all ) were not good enough for the NLS. Or maybe they think they’re better players than they actually are !
If they stay in the NLS with other clubs perhaps they believe their deficiencies will be covered by others, who knows & who cares, better off without them.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

It seems a lot of them think they are better than they are
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Number Six wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 4:36 pm Many of the players offered contracts don’t want to drop to the IPL, but they were all in a team that managed to get relegated from the NLS.
Shame they didn’t try harder last season, or maybe they all ( mostly all ) were not good enough for the NLS. Or maybe they think they’re better players than they actually are !
If they stay in the NLS with other clubs perhaps they believe their deficiencies will be covered by others, who knows & who cares, better off without them.
Dead right Number 6.

Marvellous isn't it, Ade says he doesn't blame them for wanting to stay in the NLS. If they had shown just a bit of effort and application last season, they would still be in the NLS... with Dartford.

With very few exceptions, they were a pretty hopeless shower all round last season, so good riddance. Good luck to their new clubs too!
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Luke Allen signed for Averly

No loyalty think he owes us considering the amount of time he has been injured.
rambo

Post by rambo »

JCJ wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 3:24 pm Luke Allen signed for Averly

No loyalty think he owes us considering the amount of time he has been injured.

He has fully repaid us by not signing for next season. Good riddance.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Whatever happened to "Sorry guys, we got you into this mess so we'll get you out of it".?
This has been nothing short of an exodus en masse.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

I know we have plenty of time left until the season starts and normally I would not be worried but after last season when we were nowhere near ready when the season kicked off I am starting to get a bit nervous
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Why can the club not announce these departures, do we ever learn? It’s such a simple thing yet we just can’t seem to do it, it’s ridiculous.

Anyway good luck Luke.
Last edited by DA1 on Fri May 31, 2024 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Not disappointed about Luke going. A good player on his day however his day was once in a blue moon.

Hopefully Aveley have a good medical department!
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

DA1 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:21 pm Why can the club not announce these departures, do we ever learn? It’s such a simple thing yet we just can’t seem to do it, it’s ridiculous.
Its is on the Dfc twitter page to be fair
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

KSTDART wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:27 pm
DA1 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:21 pm Why can the club not announce these departures, do we ever learn? It’s such a simple thing yet we just can’t seem to do it, it’s ridiculous.
And Facebook.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

BRASSNECK wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 4:34 pm
And Facebook.
So as the club never pays anything on the website in timely fashion why bother having one?
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

You say this, but it was only once other clubs had confirmed it that we found out. It should be coming from us first that players are not staying on. Obviously we cannot say which clubs they're going to but at the minimum we should confirm their depart

Shomotum
Allen
Maloney

All found out through other clubs pages first.

I'm not disappointed any of the players are going, all for different reasons. I'm once again disappointed by our lack of communication
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I’ve come to the conclusion that ‘we’ don’t give a f*ck about communication. Fans have been banging on about it for three years now. If you don’t ‘do’ social media. - well, f*ck off. That’s the massage I’m getting from the club. I get all my DFC News here. In these pages.