Player news

Moderator: Gary C

Taunton Dart

Re: Player news

Post by Taunton Dart »

KSTDART wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 11:40 am
Park Life wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:39 am
Lars Resort wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:15 am Have I missed something. Parky, who's Marcus?
No mate my mistake.
Should have said Marsden but guess predictive text kicked in and I missed it.
I've amended my original post now to Jacob 🤣🤣

It could have been worse Parky , I sent an email at work offering an annul service and missed out an “N” . So offended something completely different 😳😳😳
KST have you missed out an 'a' this time?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

GNyCJC6XAAAyQp2.jpeg
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

For a short wonderful moment there I thought we'd signed Dinanga again :o
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Very pleased with Samir, he played 37 games for Chelmsford last season, still prone to a few yellow cards, but I accept that as part of his game. Sure he will be a valuable asset to us in the Isthmian prem (no disrespect meant). The keeper hasn't been a regular for them and appears to have had to warm the bench for a fair bit of his career in recent times, Ady probably has a connection so knows what he's about
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Talking of players is/has Fumnaya considering signing? Does anyone know?
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

For whatever reason he didn't feature much under Ady, for the last half a dozen games. Only assume it's his decision as he hasn't been listed on the departures list
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I am surprised that Shomotun has not signed yet which can only be that either Ade doesnt rate him or he is hoping for a better offer , based on his short time with us he showed some real promise [ left footed right winger] in the NLS but was NOT that standard and a cracking season with the Darts could well be the making of him .

I hope he signs as he is an exciting player to watch but IF NOT then he is being badly advised !!!!!!!!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

One would hope that if Ade has an out and out winger who can supply quality balls into the box in mind, we hope to see a signing soon.
As with you Duke I thought that Fumnaya was a good little player who would find the Isthmian Premier League a good place to make a name for himself at Dartford, and beyond eventually.
He is a tricky player but was often brushed off the ball too easily. But I'd stick with him.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Samir brings the X-factor back to Dartford

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... rd-307147/

Dartford manager Ady Pennock discusses the return of former Aston Villa and MK Dons midfielder Samir Carruthers from Chelmsford City

Manager Ady Pennock has spoken glowingly about playmaker Samir Carruthers after he agreed to rejoin Dartford.

Carruthers initially arrived at Princes Park in early 2022 but moved to Chelmsford last summer after getting an offer he couldn’t turn down.

The one-time Aston Villa and MK Dons man has returned, though, alongside keeper Jacob Marsden, who also makes the switch from Chelmsford.

Pennock said: “I didn’t know Samir previously but, as soon as I met him, we hit it off straight away.

“He will be really good for us - on and off the pitch - with his character and enthusiasm. He just has that aura about him.

“He’s very energetic. The two or three times we did meet before he signed, I just got a really good feeling from him.

“His football ability is important - and he’s a very good player - but I want people who want to play for the badge, as well.”

Carruthers, 31, netted 10 goals in the Darts’ 2022/23 campaign, suffering National League South Play-off Semi-Final disappointment that term.

“He did well when he was here before,” said Pennock.

“I think the club made a lasting impression on him, as well, with the people in the background and, most importantly, the supporters.

“The football club itself is a good selling point. Everything you want is there. Samir fell in love with the club in the time he had here before.

“There were other clubs interested in him, so we’re really pleased to get that one over the line. He brings experience, is a good age and is in his prime.

“I’m really looking forward to working with him.”

Carruthers will reunite with 27-year-old Marsden, who should bring much-needed stability to a position that saw several players used last season.

Pennock revealed: “Jacob has been living in Norwich but is moving to London with his partner. So, I just jumped on that.

“I went up the A12 to meet him.

“His character and personality is the perfect fit. He’s a very good keeper.

“For one reason or another, he didn’t get as many games as he wanted at Chelmsford last season.

“But he’s an excellent talker. He’s just a good, all-round goalkeeper, and a leader as well.

“You will hear him on the pitch! On and off the pitch, he will be excellent for us.

“He brings the whole package.”

Those summer recruits were announced after the addition of former Norwich and Crystal Palace midfielder Denzelle Olopade, most recently with Phoenix Sports and Ramsgate, was confirmed.

Pennock said: “I knew him from when he was at Norwich. He then went to Crystal Palace.

“I think he got lost in the system a little bit, he got a bit disappointed by Crystal Palace. He’s then been at Ramsgate and Phoenix.

“But he’s a young man who I’m really looking forward to working with. He came to the stadium with a friend of his and his initial impression was ‘Wow, this is amazing!’.

“Yes, he might have a bit of a point to prove but he’s energetic and a good size.

“With the likes of Samir in midfield, he will learn and push on. Hopefully, we can improve him.

“He could be a bit of a surprise next season.

“I will give some chances to the Dartford Academy lads, as well. We have some good players in there.

“If we can gel some of them and get a mix - with the likes of Samir and Jacob - that’s what I’m looking to do.

“The experienced ones will be important.”

There’s still plenty of work for the Darts boss to do, though.

Pennock added: “I will not be stopping until the start of the season - and maybe even after that. But I’m not rushing into anything.

“There’s hundreds of players that don’t have clubs and a lot of players weighing up whether to move or not.

“I just want to get things as right as I can.”

The Darts have confirmed pre-season fixtures at home to Charlton (July 6), Gillingham (July 23), Sutton United (July 27) and Boreham Wood (August 3).
MickW

Post by MickW »

Speaks well does our Ade.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

True, but I'm hoping we have wrapped up promotion by Christmas should Samir decide to 'run out of steam '.
I hope I'm wrong. I hope he proves me wrong.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

New signing, striker Callum Jones (Chelmsford)
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

9 goals in 39 appearances for Chelmsford. Seems to have suffered a broken ankle 2022.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

24 years old , good pedigree , bad injury 2 years ago but injury free last season , Chelmsford Manager i believes he is NOT currently at NLS level and a move to the Darts to get regular football is the right way forward . Hopefully we have signed a player that is hungry with obvious potential who can have a great season and that the injury is long gone !!

As with his other 2 pals from Chelmsford , welcome as all Dartford fans will want you to do really well !!!!!!!!!!!!1
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I’m always wary of players who wear gloves (goalkeepers aside) when it doesn’t even look that cold!!
But I’ll give him the benefit of any doubt!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

A warm welcome to Callum Jones.

A goals return of "9 in 39 appearances" at his previous club without a regular run is not too bad "Tall Dart".

As Duke said a good pedigree and with regular football will hopefully fulfil his potential and turn out a good signing.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

It's when they start wearing tights I worry.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

He cuts down trees, he wears high heels,
Suspenders and a bra!
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Park Life wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:51 pm A warm welcome to Callum Jones.

A goals return of "9 in 39 appearances" at his previous club without a regular run is not too bad "Tall Dart".

As Duke said a good pedigree and with regular football will hopefully fulfil his potential and turn out a good signing.
Had another look he had 28/31 appearances in the last two seasons, so he is no sicknote. Everyone should have a fresh start at the club. We need to rid ourselves of any thoughts of last season as it will be a weight around our shoulders otherwise.

COYDs
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I like Dukes assessments, it makes it sound like an Aintree race card. :D
Hope the lad does well for us. Welcome Callum.
Another big forward and a decent goal provider on a wing would help now.