Player news

Moderator: Gary C

Skip

Re: Player news

Post by Skip »

Spike wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 5:14 pm
Taunton Dart wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:59 pm I'm worried that it is deafening silence on signing players. Down this way Weston have already made 2 big signings - Like Coulson and Ollie Chamberlain from Taunton. Added to that or website is still plastered with Vanerama advertising - has everyone gone in holiday?
The website still thinks the FA Cup is suspended since Hitler invaded Poland.
Don’t knock it… season tickets are only 10 bob.

Only those of a certain vintage will know what that is. Mind you that is probably 99% of the posters on this forum!
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Taunton Dart wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 4:59 pm Added to that or website is still plastered with Vanerama advertising - has everyone gone in holiday?
DFC are still classed as being in the Vanarama League until the FA have a meeting to decide on the location of clubs for the 2024/25 season. As such, DFC still have to abide by National League rules.

We then lose our place in the National League at the AGM in June before being accepted into what DFC expect, the Isthmian League the following week.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I’m also worried about the lack of new player news.

Hopefully Ade got under control but we need to get business done early in my opinion
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Apparently Paul Rooney stretched it off playing for Lewes looks like a nasty injury.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Just seen this from Dan

Paul Rooney playing for Lewes and has gone off with a serious injury. The way he went off on a stretcher it looks like a possible leg break or knee ligaments.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Hopefully it's not as serious as it sounds, I liked Paul and wished he was one of the players we kept on for this season.

Injury aside if he's playing for Lewes it's safe to assume that's him being another player departing us.
ArtTheDart

Post by ArtTheDart »

Paul Rooney has posted on X saying he thinks it may be his acl
https://x.com/paulr_485/status/17890932 ... UwdunWw7PQ
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

ArtTheDart wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:21 am Paul Rooney has posted on X saying he thinks it may be his acl
https://x.com/paulr_485/status/17890932 ... UwdunWw7PQ
Well I cannot see him being covered on Dartfords insurance contracts ran out after Hendon game, and would Lewes have insurance for them for a few games I doubt it.
So he will struggle to work as a scaffolder with a dodgy ACL, a long year ahead for him, six months after the operation to normally use then a long time to get back to football.

He may have forced the gaffers hand now and may let go, shame he could have picked up the armband and been a real leader.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Didn't want a lot , did he? Smart arse. Seems he wants everyone chasing around to get himself fixed.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Grateful Dowse wasn't here. Probably would have been his first signing.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I would have been happy if Rooney had signed on again but in all honesty I don't think there was a cat in hells chance.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Rooney was one of our best players towards the end of the season but I doubted he would have stayed.
Hoping Ade would have a good clear out anyway and then we can't blame anyone else should things go awry.
A good start though with the two lads from the academy.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Meant that Dowse would have signed him with a long term injury.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

I tore my ACL at the age of 27 and never played again.
Didn’t actually have it diagnosed for about two years following an arthroscopy (keyhole surgery), but it didn’t stop me going to work. Not quite as physically a demanding job as scaffolding, but do build the occasional scaffold tower so not a million miles off.

Anyway, it’s a horrible thing to suffer which changes the way you move every single day, so I hope Rooney manages to get it sorted.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

WHY ??? was Rooney playing for Lewes a few days after his contract finished at the Darts , surely NOT a career move for him ???????????
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

🚨Brandon Barzey has left the club

Brandon was offered a new deal but made the decision to sign elsewhere.

We wish Brandon all the best for the future and thank him for his contributions in black and white 🤝

#DartfordFC #DartsFC
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

No real surprise as Brandon [ when fully fit] is too good for Isthmian Premier and at least Ade can concentrate on getting available players in and NOT chasing the remaining players who under achieved last season but will probably think they are still NLS standard - new clubs in for a shock !!!!!!!!!

Whilst still early days a couple of new signings would give Darts fans a lift !!!!!!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

No surprise on Brandon.
A good player on his DAY but you'd need to check the international calendar first before offering him a deal......
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Dfc need better than ‘Good players on their day’ though!!
Need 30-40+ games a season players who are 100% committed to the club!!
They will be out there, but not an envious task trying to find & subsequently sign them??!!
Nin

Post by Nin »

all these players jumping ship. they got us relegated. no f*cking loyalty, no passion. just sniffing out the largest pay packet from other clubs. they never gave a shit about the club with their fake badge kissing