Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes
Archie Woods (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 34

Dicky Dart

Re: Dartford v Chelmsford City Tue 7 Nov 2023

Post by Dicky Dart »

The first half was boring, brightened only by our goal (out the blue, in all honesty). 2nd half still lacked quality but at least the argy-bargy made it interesting. The officials gave decisions based on guesswork. We were better with 10 men as we had no target man and therefore had to play football rather than hoofball. Couldn’t fault their effort. Just lack of quality in all positions.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Defence finally fell apart after what I thought was a good opening twenty minutes. Last ten we were unlucky but in between we resorted to the long punt and as the attack was almost non existent Chelmsford took control. Much livelier and more direct.
I'm finding it easier to stay away as the football is very samey.
Beeney by far the motm for me as but for him it could have been a bigger gap. Harvey's sending off put an end to any comeback.
I'll be glad to see the back of this management personally. The one step forward two back continues. I'm finding it easier to stay away.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Fairly decent first half and I think we just about deserved to be in front at half time but it was not to be. Could easily hzvd been 2-0 up on 43 minutes following fine football from coulson and altintop with their keeper saving a decent effort but 20 seconds later it was 1-1
We came out for the second half looking half dead and at 2-1 down and one man off we may as well have all gone home and with 15 left that’s exactly what I did.
The antics of thd chelmo fan that got on the pitch twice was a disgrace. He should be banned from football grounds
Definitely a wasted evening
There must have been 300 chelmo fans so that makes about 600 darts fans for a Chelmsford game, that us horrendous
Motm between Beeney and Rooney so I chose Beeney
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I have only seen 4 games this season .
I have been a supporter since 1958.but
It has got to the point where apathy has crept , in....I simply can't be bothered to go to games simply because this team are not very good imho.
I do not know where we are heading under Dowse as we are not a good watch at all.
No doubt the happy clappers will shout me down but it absolutely dreadful and boring.
At this moment in time ...we are going nowhere fast imho.
We have a great set up and stadium but unfortunately the team ain't fit for purpose.imho
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Ugly game, ugly incident, Chelmsford continue to be our nemesis!

Truthfully, we didn’t do enough to win that game. First half totally bereft of ideas going forward with Bradbury and Manor playing too far apart.

Credit the team for rallying after Bradburys sending off that should have resulted in an equaliser. Alas, it wasn’t to be.

As for the incident in question, their 12 Jenkins was clearly the aggressor, going at Harvey after the ball had been cleared upfield, from behind Harvey and the ref with his back turned also. Jenkins came off worse, pure and simple. As Parklife has said there’s no way that either the ref or linesman had sight of the incident.

It is obvious for all to see that we lack strike power and creativity from midfield. Why the hell can’t the manager see that? We’ve settled into that frustrating win one, lose one pattern again and a mid-table finish, at best, beckons.

My MoM vote goes to Mitch Beeney. Pleased for the lad after a less than impressive start to the season and the stick he got for it.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Looks like our keeper getting man of match three times in a row? Tells u something, Dowse out.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Didn't even see their fan get onto the pitch
If that is the case then both us and Chelmsford need to make a statement and sort it out

Lifetime ban needed for that thug.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

He entered the pitch twice! He could of assaulted a player or worse, it can’t be brushed under the carpet, if it was a dartford fan the club would of banned her/him for life
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Another depressing evening at Princes Park, was it that long ago we were beating Luton and Mansfield and Newport on Tuesday evenings in front of decent crowds and had a very decent team. At the moment we have mid-table written all over us. As for the officials it is a thankless job but at this level most are total crap. The Dartford faithful are down and their numbers are thinning but I suspect they might be cheered up if Dowse and his pitch side advisors were to go. Sorry Dowse you are a decent Guy and Martin Tyler is a real gentleman but its not working!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

At least we’ll win the next game.
Congratulations to Worthing in advance of next Tuesday.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I’m another who has voted with his feet. Two home games on the trot that I simply couldn’t be arsed to attend. And I don’t give a shit what the happy-clappers think. To be honest, it’s not just the crap football served up by the clown and his circus, but the massive disconnect between club and fans. It makes one wonder if they want us to watch. I’ve not gone elsewhere for my footy fix and I will be back at PP one day soon I hope. But not until this disease is flushed out of the club.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

He will walk , leaving us in a mess on and off the pitch, who do we think will do a good job here? The manager of Hemel name was banded about last night
Paulcanary

Post by Paulcanary »

tommytollbooth wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:11 am Another depressing evening at Princes Park, was it that long ago we were beating Luton and Mansfield and Newport on Tuesday evenings in front of decent crowds and had a very decent team. At the moment we have mid-table written all over us. As for the officials it is a thankless job but at this level most are total crap. The Dartford faithful are down and their numbers are thinning but I suspect they might be cheered up if Dowse and his pitch side advisors were to go. Sorry Dowse you are a decent Guy and Martin Tyler is a real gentleman but its not working!
Well said - the club needs to rewatch how we used to play and entertain - not serve up the current crap
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Harvey’s red was 100% deserved. Whether it had been going on all game or not, you can’t smash someone in the face with your elbow.
The officials were shocking once again but anyone who defends what Bradbury did clearly didn’t see the incident.
If it’s been caught on camera he’s in a lot of bother.
Actually thought we played a lot better after going down to 10 and had 2-3 good chances to get the equaliser.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Matt85 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:34 am Harvey’s red was 100% deserved. Whether it had been going on all game or not, you can’t smash someone in the face with your elbow.
The officials were shocking once again but anyone who defends what Bradbury did clearly didn’t see the incident.
If it’s been caught on camera he’s in a lot of bother.
Actually thought we played a lot better after going down to 10 and had 2-3 good chances to get the equaliser.
Did you actually see the incident? I had a clear view of it from no more than 20 yards. Jenkins went at Harvey aggressively - Harvey had his back to him and no way would have seen Jenkins coming for him. Whatever contact was made between the two players was both accidental (on Harvey’s part) and incidental. Wil be interesting to see whether there’s any clear video footage of the incident, and if so whether Dartford appeal the sending off.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:23 am I’m another who has voted with his feet. Two home games on the trot that I simply couldn’t be arsed to attend. And I don’t give a shit what the happy-clappers think. To be honest, it’s not just the crap football served up by the clown and his circus, but the massive disconnect between club and fans. It makes one wonder if they want us to watch. I’ve not gone elsewhere for my footy fix and I will be back at PP one day soon I hope. But not until this disease is flushed out of the club.
To the Board - can the club operate on dwindling attendances and reducing income, that is the question? Fans (and regular ones at that) are clearly staying away, sick to death of the results and the manner of these on the pitch. Had last nights attendance not been swelled by a largish travelling base of away support we’d have had a crowd similar to that last Tuesday for WSM. Something has to change from both a football point of view as well as for business reasons.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Yes, I simply can't be asked at the moment.
This team are not a good watch .
Wether that is down to tactics or quality of players ...who knows?

We are going ÑOWHERE fast with this present set up.
Mid table finish has been mentioned.in other posts, I would take that right now because we are certainly not going to get anywhere near the play offs with this team.
It is such a shame because we have a great set up at PP but imho we have a very average squad at best.
It is a personal opinion but it simply ain't good enough!!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Tony H wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:45 am
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:23 am I’m another who has voted with his feet. Two home games on the trot that I simply couldn’t be arsed to attend. And I don’t give a shit what the happy-clappers think. To be honest, it’s not just the crap football served up by the clown and his circus, but the massive disconnect between club and fans. It makes one wonder if they want us to watch. I’ve not gone elsewhere for my footy fix and I will be back at PP one day soon I hope. But not until this disease is flushed out of the club.
To the Board - can the club operate on dwindling attendances and reducing income, that is the question? Fans (and regular ones at that) are clearly staying away, sick to death of the results and the manner of these on the pitch. Had last nights attendance not been swelled by a largish travelling base of away support we’d have had a crowd similar to that last Tuesday for WSM. Something has to change from both a football point of view as well as for business reasons.
Good post Tony H. However, I feel it will fall on deaf ears. I really don’t think anyone gives a shit what ‘we’ supporters say or think. I can’t see myself going to watch another club but I’m sure some will. Especially the Yoof. DFC scored a massive OG there.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Great post tony , no interview yet , probably a good thing😂😂
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

1st game for me for at least a month and whilst we played some football [ better than the hoofball last time] we as a team are a shambles with very little creativity and whilst Bradbury/Manor ] are both grafters they do not have the class to score the 20 goals every good team needs and with Wall [1 game in 16 and Sheringham similar stats we have no strikers available , thats Dowse;s fault he signed these strikers and has done nothing to bring a proven striker/s , just perhaps they dont want to play for him ?????????????

As for Harvey sending of , he needs to learn that elbowing the guy [ bandages suggests a visable cut] aint smart , do what clever defenders do and kick him hard in the back calf [ when the ref is 50 yards away ] , Joey Jones of Liverpool was a pass master at this and seldom got sent of !!!!!

General opinion was that this would be a tough league with all the " new money " coming into it but with our current shamble of a team being [ at one time] 2pts of play offs suggests that isnt the case but Dowse got his excuses in early , one of his many cock ups this season !!!!!!

Would I be disappointed IF Dowse went, NO , bring the Averley Manager in who over past 6 years has the right credentials