FT 4-3
Lars Resort

Re: Hampton & Richmond v Dartford Sat 14 Oct 2023

Post by Lars Resort »

Bloody hell.🙄
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Bit of a kick in the teeth that, after working hard to get back from 2 goals down only to lose it so late.

Credit to the Hampton commentary team, excellent coverage and knowledge of both sides made it an enjoyable watch/listen.

Just as I thought we was starting to get a run together we have the usual: A lot of injuries, missed penalty, late goal to lose the game. Seems like another 2 steps back.

Await the reports from those at the game.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Disappointing especially after fighting back twice.
Sounds like a good game but unfortunately we got Nuffink!.out of it.
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

Football has that ability to spoil your weekend.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

We were, by far, the better of the two teams today. So dissappointing not to get at least a point outa the game.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Kind of game to bring crowds back at home, if u see 7 goals ,missed penalty, loads of talking points, I don’t mind losing if entertained. I don’t want to get in play offs with hoof ball, would rather be mid table watching cracking games win lose or draw
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I’d rather win 1.0 win ugly,goal off the players arse, all season long!!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Probably losing Johnson and Wynter didn't help our situation but having said, that missing a penalty and then losing with a late goal is damned annoying.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Don’t think it’s been said on here, but H&R changed strip from blue to white at half time and it really looked for 15 minutes as though we were playing a different side. There were some poor refereeing decisions today and although Hampton scored twice from their two only forays in our box, I felt the result about right; had Bradbury scored his penalty then I doubt that either side would’ve bemoaned a point. Bollocks, but genuine football bollocks.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Much in agreement with Lennylenny on this one.

Tbh, I very much enjoyed watching the streamed game, although I think there was a slight delay behind real time, as Parklife kept beating me to it with his updates.

Probably a case of 3 points lost because overall the Darts were the better team, totally on top in the first half, but then finding ourselves 2 goals down, really against the run of play, but a bullet of a header for their first goal. Two half time substitutions gave us added impetus, but H&R were certainly making a game of it with their 2 goal lead, when all of a sudden, the Darts were back in it with 2 goals in 3 munutes. What I enjoyed about the game was that the Darts were playing the ball on the deck, and looked so much better for doing so. A penalty for either side added to the fun, although I will need to see the highlights as to why H&R were awarded their penalty, and no VAR to confirm! And Harvey Bradbury will be kicking himself for not scoring from his 2nd penalty which would have put us up 4-3.

Obviously disappointed at the result, but can't fault the lads, or H&R for the entertainment they served up.

Will now look for to the Eastbourne away game.

COYD
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:52 pm Kind of game to bring crowds back at home, if u see 7 goals ,missed penalty, loads of talking points, I don’t mind losing if entertained. I don’t want to get in play offs with hoof ball, would rather be mid table watching cracking games win lose or draw
If the players have given their all then what more can they do? But the fact is we’ve let in four goals. So someone’s not done their job.Personally I’m never entertained by letting in four. And I think if it happened too often then we’d all be moaning. “Give me a 1-0 win any day. I’ll leave the 3-4s for neutrals.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Once again disappointed with the result although it seemed it wasn't for the lack of trying.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. It sounded entertaining at least.
We just can't seem to maintain a run. Having Wynter and Johnson injured didn't help and also Statham being suspended also.
Never mind, I can't see us fighting for promotion this season as we seem to have carried on from last season vein in a stop/start fashion.
Looking forward to Saturdays intriguing encounter. I think.
COYD's :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Did manage to walk up and catch a Faversham game, well, twelve minutes of it. Arrived at 2.45pm to find it had been a 1pm KO. :lol: . Due to the Carnival procession later in the day I believe.
Will really have to take a bit more interest. Stephan Payne is piling on some weight, I know that. :D
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Did dowse say match between two teams who will struggle to get in top half this year? Forgive me if I heard it wrong
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Well, let's face it Lenny, we are looking a pretty ordinary side.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

KentC

Post by KentC »

Lennylenny wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:49 pm Did dowse say match between two teams who will struggle to get in top half this year? Forgive me if I heard it wrong

“2 teams who unless they improve won’t get out of the bottom half”