Park Life

Re: Taunton Town v Dartford Sat 2 Sep 2023

Post by Park Life »

FT 1-0
Hope my neck ache is better by Tuesday
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Not much has changed from last season then, still cant get anything out of those longer away trips!

Await the reports from those at the game. We have to stick with 2 up top imo 1 striker just doesn't seem to be working.

Hopefully just a blip, and we can get back to winning ways on Tuesday.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Some of the top clubs are losing today. Worthing tonked. Oh for a Jordan Greenidge.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Lars Resort wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:01 pm Some of the top clubs are losing today. Worthing tonked. Oh for a Jordan Greenidge.
Yep was just about to edit my post and say results are a bit all over the place today.

We need another striker in to allow us to play two up top every week, we haven't seen anything from Wall so if it means moving him on to free up space/money, then so be it.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:04 pm
Lars Resort wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:01 pm Some of the top clubs are losing today. Worthing tonked. Oh for a Jordan Greenidge.
Yep was just about to edit my post and say results are a bit all over the place today.

We need another striker in to allow us to play two up top every week, we haven't seen anything from Wall so if it means moving him on to free up space/money, then so be it.
According to Dowse’s midweek interview Wall should be back in about a weeks time.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Better late than never I suppose.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:28 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 5:04 pm

According to Dowse’s midweek interview Wall should be back in about a weeks time.
Then out for another month, he needs to go and we need some cover Harvey cannot do it all.

Just a note on the new guy from West Ham he made a real impact when he came on!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Archie Woods was a revelation when he came in. Time on the ball, even under pressure, with the ability to see and pick a pass. In the right place to pick up all the pieces. A very impressive start.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Stopped off on the journey home and it feels like this to me....

I used to go to football with my mates.

Now I go with my mates to football.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Park Life wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:44 pm Stopped off on the journey home and it feels like this to me....

I used to go to football with my mates.

Now I go with my mates to football.
I know just what you mean - meeting all my Darts friends made my day, the football was incidental
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match Report by Chris Palmer

https://www.dartfordfc.com/match-report ... artford-0/

Dartford suffered a narrow defeat at Wordsworth Drive, as Dave Sims-Burgess’ second-half goal proved to be decisive in a game of fine margins.

There was very little in the way of goalmouth action for a majority of the first forty-five, as both sides set about cancelling each other out. However, Taunton’s Dan Lavercombe was the first goalkeeper to prevent an attempt on goal, when he managed to deal with Luke Coulson’s dangerous ball into the box (15).

The hosts followed suit shortly after, when an excellent run and cross by Austen Booth was met by the calm hands of Mitchell Beeney (22). The goalkeeper then thwarted Nat Jarvis by intercepting Lloyd James’ ball (33), before making a routine save to prevent James from scoring soon afterwards (37).

A slip whilst pulling the trigger then prevented Jarvis from breaking the deadlock five minutes before half-time, before James saved the hosts at the other end with a timely goal-line clearance following Maxwell Statham’s excellent ball into the box (42).

The second forty-five was equally as slow in getting going, as a bulk of the play remained in the middle of the park. The Peacocks were first to react by throwing on Dave Sims-Burgess to replace a rather unhappy Ross Stearn (53). They’d go on to make one more substitution this afternoon, as Nick McCootie came on for Nat Jarvis in the 62nd minute.

Alan Dowson went on to use all three of his available substitutions, with the first being Charlie Sheringham coming on for Tyrell Miller-Rodney (65). That would be followed by James Golding coming off for West Ham loanee Archie Woods (76), before George Whitefield replaced Moussa Diarra in the 89th minute.

Returning to the action, we arrive at the point of the game where fine margins more-or-less decided which way the points were going this afternoon…

A superb move and effort by Tyrell Miller-Rodney was saved well by Dan Lavercombe (59), before Taunton’s initial substitution worked in their favour three minutes later.

A long-ball found Ollie Chamberlain, who controlled the ball well before cutting inside. His neat ball was then headed back across the Dartford box, leaving Dave Sims-Burgess to nod it home to break the deadlock (62).

The goal spurred the hosts on and they were unlucky to not score a second when Lloyd James set up Chamberlain, only for the latter to miss the target in the 66th minute.

Paul Rooney came close for the visitors (78), as they pressed forward to try and find an equaliser, but the Taunton defence virtually dealt with the danger to see out the game.

The result sees the Darts remain mid-table, in what is certainly promising to be another highly competitive National League South season.

TEAMS

TAUNTON TOWN: Dan Lavercombe, Nick Grimes (c), Austen Booth, Ollie Chamberlain, Lloyd James, Nat Jarvis, Ross Stearn, Zac Smith, Cameron Evans, Callum Dolman, Lee Lucas.

SUBSTITUTES: Nick McCootie, Rabby Tabu Minzamba, Marcus Day, Dave Sims-Burgess, Dylan Morgan.

DARTFORD: Mitchell Beeney, Jordan Wynter, Tyrell Miller-Rodney, Baris Altintop, Luke Coulson (c), Paul Rooney, Maxwell Statham, James Golding, Joash Nembhard, Harvey Bradbury, Moussa Diarra.

SUBSTITUTES: George Whitefield, Archie Woods, Charlie Sheringham, Ollie Box, Tom Wray.

Chris Palmer
Spike

Post by Spike »

It was awful, truly awful. Painful to watch.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Worked until 12 so took in the welling v Stalbans game.

Looking forward to the usual die hards to do their thoughts on the game.
While I wasn’t there I can still feel pretty gutted by this.
I am going to say it , I am concerned.
It’s not just the results it’s the performances and other things behind it.
It’s very early days but time does catch up at some point and the points dropped will already hurt us.
I believe in Dowse but you have to say right here right now it’s not going well at all.

I’m trying to be diplomatic and not one of those “idiots” that seem to get to certain people.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I think it's best if i post my thoughts on the game tomorrow.......
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

That's if you can look at your keyboard - your neck will still be stiff!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Hard to disagree with what Dowse said, and can hear the frustration in his voice. I just hope he can find the solution. Sounds like a forward will be coming in shortly that hopefully will help us.

Sounds like the loanee from West Ham was the main positive from today.
rambo

Post by rambo »

I can’t comment on the actual game as I wasn’t there but Dowse you are getting a little boring saying the same things for over a year now
Looking at the squad it’s fairly decent and a squad that is definitely a top 8 team
However face facts thd tactics are rubbish and quality of play leaves a lot to be desired
That whole interview was about the final third. well put some bodies in the final third. Harvey is an ok forward but he is not equipped to be a lone striker , there is no point in pumping the ball up to him when he has no dartford player within 20 yards. He cannot hold thd ball up nor can he turn and go with the ball. He is a finisher end of.
I know there were injuries but when you start a game with one man up top and 5 players hitting hopeful 40 yard punts you are immediately on the back foot
When the opposing manager sees our tactics they must think oh man we are in here , it’s just a matter of time
The worst thing for me is that new fans must take a look all the time but when they see 90 minutes of dross they won’t come back
Come on think about it and let’s have a big improvement