Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes
Oliver Box (Sub)
3%

Total votes: 35

ozymandias

Re: Dartford v Dover Mon 28 Aug 2023

Post by ozymandias »

Crikey, and I thought Feeney was a miserable fecker but Brundle!!! But the guy is up against it somewhat down there. No one wanting to play for them, others buggering off after 10 minutes and now he has a sure fire team of losers.
Anyway, a good result yesterday following on from the Aveley game. Long may it continue , starting with Saturday.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Just to clarify , I am a big fan of Ollie Box and he is definitely one for the not too distant future but I do not think he can be classed as proven back up striker for Bradbury /Manor and that would just put unwanted/unnecessary pressure on the lad

Like Matt I didnt realise he was an out an out striker , obviously at Academy level but I suspect NOT currently NLS

Anyway , hope the lad does great !!!!!!!!!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

From the Dover forum ...

"Well that performance was absolutely dreadful. No goal threat from us. We cannot defend corners. Olarewaju blatantly punched Bradbury and got away with it. Dunne played his worse game."

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Am I out of line saying that Alex Wall should be released? He stuttered off and on the pitch throughout last season and I for one was surprised he was retained by Dowse for this. Obviously Dowse feels he's worth it, but then he gets injured again in pre-season??
We do need a back-up for Harvey and Lewis, whereas Charlie is the obvious choice he is hardly reliable with his injury record.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

A comfortable win yesterday. Not that I can be over enthusiastic about it unfortunately.
That was the worst Dover side I've ever seen.
Harry

Post by Harry »

When fit b
ozymandias wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:11 pm Am I out of line saying that Alex Wall should be released? He stuttered off and on the pitch throughout last season and I for one was surprised he was retained by Dowse for this. Obviously Dowse feels he's worth it, but then he gets injured again in pre-season??
We do need a back-up for Harvey and Lewis, whereas Charlie is the obvious choice he is hardly reliable with his injury record.
When fit both Alex and Charlie are amongst the best strikers in this league, they have proved it on a consistent basis for the past 7 or 8 seasons.

Without looking at previous statistics to back this up I would expect a fully fit Charlie would score around 20 - 30 goals every season, Alex would likely score 15 - 20, if fit and available for most games. I think both are excellent, I just wish they were fit more often 😕

It is Dowse call, but I don't see many other NLS strikers who have records being available, of course there is the lad at St Albans a regular scorer in this league, but many others have one good season and then move onto higher leagues.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

It’s logic u can’t have two strikers not on peanuts hardly available due to injury.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Let's hope we can get them off the physio's bench then Harry. But I'd sooner have a young lad out there who can put a bit of pressure on the front two right now, not someone who struggling to stay off the physio's bench. And especially not Jeffers, another one at the end of his career.
I agree with the statistics Harry,but that's all. ;)
KentC

Post by KentC »

Park Life wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:35 pm Their managers post match interview:-

“Fair few fans there today”
Are you fkin sure!
KentC

Post by KentC »

Excellent performance thoroughly deserved.
Next ones a toughie, this will tell us where we’re at .
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Park Life wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:41 pm
What’s happened to the the usual high quality of the coverage of our home games? Looks like this camera is lacking a zoom lens?