Player news

Moderator: Gary C

oranj

Re: Player news

Post by oranj »

Is he aware that we've been relegated from the NLS?

A great signing if this actually goes through.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Unreal signing that and has the potential to be captain. He’s a quality player and has the leadership qualities that we lacked last season.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Jesus H Christ!! I was only joking
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Dartford FC
@dartfordfc
·
5s
✍️𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐒𝐃𝐄𝐍’𝐒 𝐀 𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐄𝐑

We are pleased to announce that goalkeeper Jacob Marsden has agreed to join the club when his contract with Chelmsford City expires 🧤

We look forward to seeing Jacob in between the sticks next season! 🔥

#DartfordFC #DartsFC
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

......and now a keeper.

Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

What chance Mbappe?
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Joking aside, welcome Samir and Jacob.
Things are starting to move
rambo

Post by rambo »

More great news , that’s a five a side team now sorted
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Well happy with the return of Carruthers. Might be a few on here who aren’t, but he’s a quality player - well above IPL standard.
Holding out hope for a blend of youth and experience starting here.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Two very good signings and both can do a really good job for us especially at our new level , can see why Ade signed them and more of the same ethos will suit me
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

The Duke wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:24 pm Two very good signings and both can do a really good job for us especially at our new level , can see why Ade signed them and more of the same ethos will suit me
I couldn't agree more Duke, two really promising signings.

Just a bit nervous that they "....will sign when their contracts with Chelmsford expire". Now it's known they are leaving Chelmsford, l hope no other club nips in and outbids us!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Dave T wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:10 pm
The Duke wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 5:24 pm Two very good signings and both can do a really good job for us especially at our new level , can see why Ade signed them and more of the same ethos will suit me

Just a bit nervous that they "....will sign when their contracts with Chelmsford expire". Now it's known they are leaving Chelmsford, l hope no other club nips in and outbids us!

That's my concern as well, why are we announcing stuff if nothing has been signed?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

It's been a good couple of days as the signings have started to come in and we can all rest a little easier as building virtually an entire new squad was never going to be easy.

Also good that we haven't had to listen to loads of waffle on who and how many are going to sign, they've just been done and announced. So well done to Ady and his team for conducting business in a professional way.

Samir's signing is interesting as we all know how he can be a match winner on his day, but it's also a "big name" signing and can only help in attracting more players to the club.

A warm welcome to Samir & Jacob, a promising start to this seasons squad.
Last edited by Park Life on Fri May 17, 2024 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Mark Sweet wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:32 pm
Dave T wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:10 pm

That's my concern as well, why are we announcing stuff if nothing has been signed?
I also had concerns over this but maybe they've signed and the paperwork can't be registered until their contracts with C********d have expired?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I can understand the desire to give the fans some good news on signings as the odd "rumble " already started about no new faces , I also found the reference to " when Chelmsford Contracts expire ......." a bit strange but Ade's an experienced guy , he must believe the two Guys are genuine ,
1 really want them to be for his and the Darts sake !!!!!!!!!!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Have I missed something. Parky, who's Marcus?
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Chelmsford seem to be losing a lot of players, was last season's 2nd place their high water mark and now back to mid table mediocrity. Samir's signing should hopefully be a big asset for us. Jacob Marsden I believe wasn't their 1st choice keeper last season but according to their forum he was also their goalkeeping coach so he should also be an asset. Things seem to moving in the right direction.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Lars Resort wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:15 am Have I missed something. Parky, who's Marcus?
No mate my mistake.
Should have said Marsden but guess predictive text kicked in and I missed it.
I've amended my original post now to Jacob 🤣🤣
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Park Life wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:39 am
Lars Resort wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:15 am Have I missed something. Parky, who's Marcus?
No mate my mistake.
Should have said Marsden but guess predictive text kicked in and I missed it.
I've amended my original post now to Jacob 🤣🤣

It could have been worse Parky , I sent an email at work offering an annul service and missed out an “N” . So offended something completely different 😳😳😳
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

IMG-202405-WA0005.jpg