CONSTRUCTIVE IDEAS

Moderator: Gary C

Skip

Re: CONSTRUCTIVE IDEAS

Post by Skip »

rambo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:53 pm There is one thing Park Life that I would like clarity on. It is mentioned now and again that if special offers or free entry is made on ticket entry the loss of money can be offset with extra bar and food sales
I would like to know what the deal is with the catering deal. Do we get a rent irrespective of the sales or is our rental income affected by the level of sales
Rambo, my understanding is that all the catering (i.e. the main bars and the food pods inside the ground) are franchised so the club receives an agreed payment each season. So, if that is still the case, the club would lose financially by discounting or would need to increase the overall attendance to offset the discounted or free entry.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

rambo wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:53 pm There is one thing Park Life that I would like clarity on. It is mentioned now and again that if special offers or free entry is made on ticket entry the loss of money can be offset with extra bar and food sales
I would like to know what the deal is with the catering deal. Do we get a rent irrespective of the sales or is our rental income affected by the level of sales
My understanding is the two large bars upstairs are run by Biteme who pay the club a set fee and any profits are Biteme's.
Champions bar is run by the club and all profits are the clubs.
Tea bars i believe also pay the club a set fee irrespective of sales but that rate increases if attendances are higher.

So we could get some extra revenue form tea bar agreement and takings in Champions Bar if crowds are higher but how you would calculate whether that would offset any special ticket prices i don't know.

Not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure this is the case atm.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I’ve mentioned this before but a very good friend of mine is & has been in the Outdoor Catering game all his working life, & has often reminded me that you make more profit percentage wise from selling a simple cup of tea than you do in any other form of catering!!
Just a thought??
Darren

Post by Darren »

Park Life wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:58 pm
My understanding is the two large bars upstairs are run by Biteme who pay the club a set fee and any profits are Biteme's.
Champions bar is run by the club and all profits are the clubs.
Tea bars i believe also pay the club a set fee irrespective of sales but that rate increases if attendances are higher.

So we could get some extra revenue form tea bar agreement and takings in Champions Bar if crowds are higher but how you would calculate whether that would offset any special ticket prices i don't know.

Not 100% certain but I'm pretty sure this is the case atm.
Here lies the problem on match days. A higher crowd won’t increase the champions bar profits. The champions bar is only available to the select few who hold a vice president season ticket until a set time after the game. The vast majority of the crowd have to use the 2 large bars upstairs and the club don’t see the profits.
Skip

Post by Skip »

M1 South wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:53 am I’ve mentioned this before but a very good friend of mine is & has been in the Outdoor Catering game all his working life, & has often reminded me that you make more profit percentage wise from selling a simple cup of tea than you do in any other form of catering!!
Just a thought??
I can confirm that M1. When I organised the tea bar at Cray and Erith when the Darts reformed, tea and coffee were huge earners. The food was more aggro especially as I (or the missus, before she reminds me!) had to cook the jumbo sausages and onions at home and then ship the whole lot over to our ground share facilities. Neither Cray or Erith had decent kitchen equipment apart from an oven to heat up the Peters pies! The whole income from the tea bar was significant especially in those days of hand to mouth existence. Now we have excellent bars and catering available we should maximise usage but to really benefit the club we would probably need to run these ourselves with paid employees. It’s something the club has generally shied away from but if we are really serious about a future as a full time club I think it’s inevitable this will need to happen.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
rambo

Post by rambo »

Ok thanks all
So it seems we only make extra money from bar and food sales if attendances increase so forget that one until we start playing better quality football , win games and make the PP experience better
The food available is the absolute pits so me and my mate will stick to two coffees and two choccy bars which randomly costs between £5.50 and £7.60 😳
I can’t help thinking the club should run these facilities, they may say but we are not caterers but I would say have a go , after all they are not football administrators but they still have a go ( what I mean is they learn on the job)
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

drink allowed on the terraces next season-great move...and darts bar at car park end for St holders.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Great news:-

https://www.dartfordfc.com/category/latest-news/

Nobody thought that at the end of this season, we’d be planning for next season in a lower division. Sadly, we are and now have to get ready to challenge for promotion out of the Isthmian League Premier Division and promotion back to National League South.

We have taken the time to listen to and read our supporters comments on things we should consider, to bring everybody together and ensure we move forward as ‘one club’.

There are so many good things that have and are going well – the club is in many ways in a very strong position despite the heartbreak of relegation.

Our Women’s team have had a fabulous season, currently sitting in 2nd place in the league, winners of the League Cup Final and in the final of the Kent Cup on Thursday of this week at Maidstone.

Our Senior Academy side won the National League under 19 Alliance and provided a stream of players in to the first team this season.

In the Youth Development Centre, our under 13’s won the Junior Premier League, produced several sides making the National Finals and the girls section being led by the under 16’s winning their league.

Our Community Trust goes from strength to strength running a variety of projects throughout our Primary School network.

On to plans for next season, 2024/2025.

Season Tickets will be going on sale today and we will be running an early bird scheme until Sunday 2nd June. These prices mean that with a season ticket you will receive a 33.33% discount on the price at the turnstile. Also look out for the re-introduction of a limited number of 10 year season tickets and 5 year 1888 Club membership.

We have introduced a youth season ticket for 13-16 year olds at no cost – yes, free of charge. The same for our Junior Darts this season – 5-12 year olds need to be accompanied by an adult, but free of charge for the kids.

These do of course need to be applied for in the early bird period, although for the youth and child ones the early bird offer extends until the 30th June.

Another introduction for next season is allowing drink on the terraces which will start from the first league game – many have been asking for this for a while and we have decided to trial the idea. This includes the re-opening of the bar on the terrace at the car park end of the ground which will be named the Darts Bar. This bar will be for the exclusive use of our season ticket holders, another great benefit.

There will be other changes to the matchday experience which we will be announced over the close season.

So, let’s look forward to a new season and get fully behind Ady Pennock and the squad that he assembles through the summer. News of which will start in the next day or two with updates on last seasons squad.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Brilliant stuff! And posted on the website too!! I’m stocked and shunned. But I still got it from Parky first. 😜

Things are looking up. Princes Park will be the place to be in the Pitchin In!! (It’s still the Ryman to me!)
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Thats good positive stuff , hopefully will continue over time with several areas of other constructive [ money making ] ideas from fans who do really care !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Season tickets, more good news:-
(see you in the private members bar🤣🤣)

https://www.dartfordfc.com/season-tickets-24-25/

Season Tickets are now on sale for the 2024/2025 season which covers 21 league matches.

The early bird prices will be valid until Sunday 2nd June:

Adult £210

Concession ( over 65 & 17 year olds) £140

Youth (13-16) FREE*

Child (u12) FREE – ( when accompanied by an adult or concession)

Over 80 -£30

1888 Lounge – £350 (limited availability)

Reserve a seat £50

* offer valid until 30th June

Prices From 3rd June

Adult £250

Concession ( over 65 & 17 year olds) £170

Youth (12-16) FREE* / £50 (from 1st July)

Child (u12) FREE ( when accompanied by an adult or concession)

Over 80 £35

1888 Lounge – £400 ( limited availability)

Reserve a seat £60

*offer valid until 30th June – then £50 from 1st July.

You can purchase your season ticket online – https://boxoffice.ktckts.com/sales

Download the form and send / bring into the office – https://www.dartfordfc.com/wp-content/u ... 4-2025.pdf

Ring 01322 299991 or come into the Main Office between 9am and 4pm Monday – Friday

10 year General admission season tickets are available but are limited – £2499

5 Year 1888 season tickets are available but are limited – £1999

Please email or ring Jack Smedley regarding these – jack@dartfordfc.com / 01322 299993

Admission Prices 2024 / 2025 season

Adult £15

Concession ( over 65 & 17 years old) £10

Youth (13-16) £5

Child (u12) FREE ( when accompanied by an adult or concession)
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Season ticket bought!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Sorry to be ignorant. Can someone explain the 1888 lounge and its benefits please?
Hovis

Post by Hovis »

It is called something different on the form too... :o
Hovis

Post by Hovis »

£210 for an early bird, so tenner a game and access toa season ticket holders only bar sounds decent enough to me...but I have a prem league season ticket so highly unlikely to make 21 games...shame, otherwise I'd be parting with my money now!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Season ticket purchased, see you all in "The Winchester" private members bar :lol: :lol:

COYD
Spike

Post by Spike »

These are excellent and very welcome changes. I think they will be well received. Shame we didn't do it last year as Dowse's Darts might have been more watchable whilst drinking a few beers. I think these changes are refreshingly bold and I hope it reaps dividends.

The free season tickets for youngsters is particularly good news, although I'm not sure why we had to have a 2nd June cut-off date. Also, I think we need some clarity on the kids qualifying dates as this isn't at all clear on the form. eg. By what specific date do you have to be 13 in order to be eligible to purchase a 13-16 season ticket? If we use the same 1/8/24 qualifying date as the over 65s, you could be 13 on 2/8/24 (before the season kicks off) and yet not be eligible. And what if you are 16 now but 17 before the season starts? It's maybe not that big a deal what the cut-off dates are, but they should be listed on the form to avoid any disappointment and remove any ambiguity.

Nevertheless, this is all great news and hopefully it will help generate some new younger fans.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Brilliant changes, and good to see that the board is listening.

I hope the introduction of alcohol on the terraces doesn't lead to misbehaviour, and if it does the troublemakers are dealt with on an individual basis. Hopefully the free season ticket for the youth sees a lot more younger fans through the door and they stick around for the future.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Park Life wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:01 pm Season ticket purchased, see you all in "The Winchester" private members bar :lol: :lol:

COYD
Unfortunately, given we will be playing in the Isthmian League, you won't be able to visit the Winchester Arms in Taunton this year!!! :(
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Spike wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:42 pm These are excellent and very welcome changes. I think they will be well received. Shame we didn't do it last year as Dowse's Darts might have been more watchable whilst drinking a few beers. I think these changes are refreshingly bold and I hope it reaps dividends.

The free season tickets for youngsters is particularly good news, although I'm not sure why we had to have a 2nd June cut-off date. Also, I think we need some clarity on the kids qualifying dates as this isn't at all clear on the form. eg. By what specific date do you have to be 13 in order to be eligible to purchase a 13-16 season ticket? If we use the same 1/8/24 qualifying date as the over 65s, you could be 13 on 2/8/24 (before the season kicks off) and yet not be eligible. And what if you are 16 now but 17 before the season starts? It's maybe not that big a deal what the cut-off dates are, but they should be listed on the form to avoid any disappointment and remove any ambiguity.

Nevertheless, this is all great news and hopefully it will help generate some new younger fans.
It would be far easier to check if the cut-off date coincides with that for the school year (1st September I would imagine) as the year group someone is in can be checked, especially if the offer is extended through the local schools........