Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes
Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 19

The Duke

Chelmsford match on Monday 25th October 2021

Post by The Duke »

I'm fed up with talking about the Sudbury game , lets look forward to this game which is traditionally a fiery , competitive game , just the sort for the team to put on a real show and forget all about Sudbury and get 3 valuable league points

Will Kingy makes changes ? , I would like to see Murtagh back [ he is quietly effective ] and I really like Michael Kedman who would bring great [ left footed] balance to that side of midfield

Chew that [ and others over] I feel sure Kingy wont mind !!!!!!!!!!!!

UP THE DARTS
Sleightly Deceptive

Re: Chelmsford match on Monday 25th October 2021

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Anyone know what parking is like at Chelmo? Weirdly, a ground I’ve never managed to visit. Well, not the ‘new’ one.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

There’s quite a big car park there but once it’s full you have to park on the road.
Sleightly Deceptive

:D
The 5th Searcher wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:39 pm There’s quite a big car park there but once it’s full you have to park on the road.
Ta.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Admission:

In advance through Ticket pass: https://ticketpass.org/o/575632953/chel ... -fc/events

Adults (Age 18 to 64) - £13.00
Concessions (Age 65 & over) & Students - £9.00
Young Adults (Age 12 to 17) - £5.00
Under-12s (11 & under) - Free

On the turnstiles:

Adults (Age 18 to 64) - £15.00
Concessions (Age 65 & over) & Students - £10.00
Young Adults (Age 12 to 17) - £5.00
Under 12s (11 & under) – Free
The 5th Searcher

Unfortunately I have to miss this game as I am now in isolation until next Thursday due to COVID.

Good Luck to Kingy and the boys, fingers crossed we are back to normal and we can bring home the 3pts.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:11 pm Unfortunately I have to miss this game as I am now in isolation until next Thursday due to COVID.

Good Luck to Kingy and the boys, fingers crossed we are back to normal and we can bring home the 3pts.
Can i ask the origin of your nom de plume? its always fascinated me!
The 5th Searcher

KingKong wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:36 am
The 5th Searcher wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:11 pm Unfortunately I have to miss this game as I am now in isolation until next Thursday due to COVID.

Can i ask the origin of your nom de plume? its always fascinated me!
I am a big fan of the 60’s band The Searchers, there are 4 members in the band and it was suggested years ago that I should call myself The 5th Searcher as I used to go and see them so often.
That’s basically how it came about.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Viva the Searchers. A band, now more recently retired, who got better and better the longer they performed. Always had a very loyal following and always created an excellent atmosphere whenever I saw them perform, which like the 5th, was often, especially in recent years.
The 5th Searcher

They are re-forming Pete for a one off 40 date Thank You tour in Spring 2023. They will have a different drummer though as they haven’t asked Scott to be part of it for some reason.

Sorry for being completely off topic, now back to the football.
terrydfc

Post by terrydfc »

yes back to football :)
why is this game being played on a Monday night and not Saturday afternoon?
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

I think Chelmsford playing on Mondays is something to do with Stadium usage for athletics on Saturdays, but could be wrong.
Last time we played them in the evening, I rushed back from Dorset just to see us get trounced 4-0. Can’t see that happening again, but then I doubt anyone saw us shipping three against Sudbury! Chelmo are on 8pts from eight games, whereas we are 22pts from eight games. Can’t let the disappointment of the FA cup affect our phenomenal league form.

COYD
Sleightly Deceptive

terrydfc wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:31 am yes back to football :)
It might appear that way as Darts are not playing today. It’s our ‘day off’ due to there being an unequal amount of teams in the league. Chelmsford are playing today. Away.

Monday’s game is simply because Chelmsford always play their home midweek games on a Monday. This week sees the first round of midweek league games.
terrydfc

Post by terrydfc »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:52 am
terrydfc wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:31 am yes back to football :)
It might appear that way as Darts are not playing today. It’s our ‘day off’ due to there being an unequal amount of teams in the league. Chelmsford are playing today. Away.

Monday’s game is simply because Chelmsford always play their home midweek games on a Monday. This week sees the first round of midweek league games.
cheers for that
that makes sense now
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Does seem strange Chelmsford playing their "midweek" matches on a Monday, perhaps as others have suggested, they have restrictions on days of use of their ground. However, on this occasion I would think this suits us fine as we have a 'free' day today. At least the players can't claim they are tired, unless they are partying all weekend!! COYD
Sleightly Deceptive

dartLion wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:56 am Does seem strange Chelmsford playing their "midweek" matches on a Monday, perhaps as others have suggested, they have restrictions on days of use of their ground. However, on this occasion I would think this suits us fine as we have a 'free' day today. At least the players can't claim they are tired, unless they are partying all weekend!! COYD
Not sure about that. They always played on a Monday at Writtle Street too. Officiated there a few times on Monday games. I loved that ground!
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:24 pm Anyone know what parking is like at Chelmo?
One thing that I did since the 2010-2011 season were files such as this:
https://www.thedarts.eu/national_south_2020_2021.zip

It contains TomTom .ov2 and Google Earth .kml files to the car parks (if they have one) for the grounds & also a text file
that contains, eg:

"Chelmsford City

Melbourne Stadium
Salerno Way
Chelmsford
Essex
CM1 2EH
Tel: 01245 290959

There is a car park at the stadium, and some parking available in nearby residential areas.

Other parking: http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/cm1_2eh/ "

and also a spreadsheet detailing the mileages etc.
But anyway, if you look at the Google Earth .KML file & zoom into Chelmsford, you will see the car park.

It was always a PITA to do, especially the spreadsheet.
Sleightly Deceptive

rick wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:18 pm
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:24 pm Anyone know what parking is like at Chelmo?
One thing that I did since the 2010-2011 season were files such as this:
https://www.thedarts.eu/national_south_2020_2021.zip

It contains TomTom .ov2 and Google Earth .kml files to the car parks (if they have one) for the grounds & also a text file
that contains, eg:

"Chelmsford City

Melbourne Stadium
Salerno Way
Chelmsford
Essex
CM1 2EH
Tel: 01245 290959

There is a car park at the stadium, and some parking available in nearby residential areas.

Other parking: http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/cm1_2eh/ "

and also a spreadsheet detailing the mileages etc.
But anyway, if you look at the Google Earth .KML file & zoom into Chelmsford, you will see the car park.

It was always a PITA to do, especially the spreadsheet.
Wow! That’s amazing! Cheers.
The 5th Searcher

So Chelmsford managed to grab a 91st minute equaliser this afternoon against 10 man Oxford City.

Fingers crossed we can bag a few goals against them on Monday as well as bagging all 3pts and extending our lead even more.
Especially as Oxford are now 2nd and Maidscum lost again today 0-2 at home to Dorking plus having another player sent off.
Disco Stu

Chelmsford City match preview

Post by Disco Stu »

Finally back in league action on Monday night at Chelmsford City, been a while since we went there after the two seasons that were cut short. Match preview is ready at https://puredfc.co.uk/

Hopefully we can keep our unbeaten league run going and stretch our lead at the top. COYD!