Change of admission 20/03/2024

M1 South

Re: Change of admission 20/03/2024

Post by M1 South »

This old Chestnut rears its head every now & again!!
You have to weigh up the pros & cons for & against, but the Club do run Champs bar downstairs which isn’t exactly ‘The One Bell’ in Crayford when it comes to an organised success!!
So that would need to be put into the equation too??
Ajaxman DFC

Re: Change of admission 20/03/2024

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

M1 South wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:14 am This old Chestnut rears its head every now & again!!
You have to weigh up the pros & cons for & against, but the Club do run Champs bar downstairs which isn’t exactly ‘The One Bell’ in Crayford when it comes to an organised success!!
So that would need to be put into the equation too??
Thanks for that. I didn't know the Champions Bar was still run by the club with their own bar staff.
I've always found the prices to be reasonable. The beer's good and it's a nice place to chill out on a sunny afternoon during the week.
With hopefully decent weather on the way that'll become my first choice bar then.
The Malt Shovel has put it's prices up yet again, charging premium prices for bog standard beer.
Apart from a few diehards that can be counted on one hand, no bugger goes in there just for a drink anymore. It might just as well cease being a pub and rebranded as The Malt Shovel Restaurant.