Ade's Weekly Interviews

Park Life

Ade's Weekly Interviews

Post by Park Life »

Pennock gets fans eye view

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... iew-303053

New Dartford manager Ady Pennock already knows the vibes from the Princes Park terraces after watching games alongside fans

New Dartford boss Ady Pennock has got the inside track on the club from their own supporters.

Pennock revealed that he’s spent time on the terraces alongside Dartford fans in recent weeks as he’s got a feel for the club.

“I agreed with everything they said!” joked Pennock. “Seriously, when I’ve been coming to games, I’ve stood with the supporters behind the goal a few times and listened to them as well.

“They’re hungry for success, they want us to change and I want them to get behind the players for the next 11 games.

“I didn’t do it every game but I put my hat on and just stood near them and listened in. They’re knowledgeable and passionate.”

Pennock was also impressed with their support of the team and the atmosphere they generated when the Darts took the lead against Aveley last week at Princes Park.

“The last home game against Aveley, the noise when we got the goal to go ahead was fantastic,” he recalled.

“There was a young man blowing his horn, the flag waving, and then when we scored the first goal I thought ‘yeah I want a bit of this’ with the noise they made.

“When we turn the club around the fans will come flocking back, I know they will. They are going to be so important to us now as well, there will be times in games when there’s a little lull and that’s when we need them more than anything.

“It’s all right when you’re winning 3-0 or 4-0 but from the first minute to the 95th or 96th minute these days, we need them. I’m desperate to do well for them as well as the club in general.”

It’s certainly a baptism of fire for Pennock as he starts his Princes Park tenure with trips to Torquay on Saturday and Braintree on Tuesday before hosting Maidstone the following weekend in what will be his first home match.

“I can’t wait for Saturday away to Torquay,” stated Pennock. “These games are what we’re involved in football for. I’ve been involved in winning championships and battling relegation, and I love that pressure.

“I wouldn’t be in football otherwise. I know people might think I’m silly but that’s what management is all about.”
The Futures White

Re: Ade's Weekly Interviews

Post by The Futures White »

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... by-303365/

Boss Ady Pennock is urging Dartford supporters to turn up in their numbers for the derby against Maidstone.

Pennock has had a tough start to his time in charge of the Darts, losing 2-0 at Braintree on Tuesday night as newly-signed striker Jordan Greenidge was sent off, and 4-1 at Torquay last weekend. Forward Ibby Akanbi scored in vain at Plainmoor.

Those results have seen them drop into the National League South relegation zone, as they prepare to welcome another promotion-chasing side to Princes Park for Pennock’s first home match at the helm this Saturday.

“Anything can happen in a local derby,” Pennock insisted. “I want the supporters to turn up in their numbers and really cheer us on because we need them.

“We need the supporters more than ever - we really do.

“We haven’t had a win since Dover, so that’s one win in a lot of games, but there’s no point looking back. We have got to look forward and be positive.

“Other teams have been in worse positions than us (and still stayed up). We have got to keep believing in ourselves, keep working hard and we need those supporters.

“We’re fighting to the very end. It will go down to the wire and we will need those supporters with us to keep supporting us, like they have done.

"At Torquay, they were absolutely fantastic and it really helps and it was the same on Tuesday.

“In just the two games I’ve been in, they’ve been really fantastic.”

Dartford trailed to a first-half goal from Ebbsfleet loanee striker Shaq Coulthirst at Braintree but, after Greenidge had got his marching orders as he picked up a second caution, the hosts got a late second.

Ex-Gillingham manager Pennock reflected: “It was a tight game. We had some chances.

“Obviously, it’s a disappointing result and disappointing that we had Jordan sent off near the end there. But they showed a lot of fight.

“We know where we are position-wise in the league and that we have got battles on our hands, and we just need to keep believing.”

Former Tonbridge forward Greenidge got a second yellow card at Braintree in the final minute of normal time when he challenged with their keeper Jack Sims for a loose ball.

Pennock is disappointed he will lose the 24-year-old to a one-match ban now - but has no problems with the fight he displayed. Greenidge is available to face Maidstone and potentially take on brother Reiss Greenridge before he’s scheduled to serve his suspension.

Pennock added: “Honestly, he has been absolutely fantastic. With his work-rate, he’s a handful for the opposition.

“Of course, we’re all disappointed but you know what? He’s fighting.

“I thought the first yellow card was harsh. The second one, yes, he had the warning before and went in for a 50-50 challenge with the defender and goalkeeper. It could have gone either way, really.

“At the end of the day, he’s fighting for us. I’m not taking that away from him because he’s been fantastic. It happens in football.

“You have to dust yourself down and get on with it. I’m not going to tell him to stop fighting because we want the whole club to fight.

“Maybe he should have used his head a little bit more after getting that little bit of a warning but it was a 50-50 challenge, he went in and the referee has given another yellow card.

“When he gave a red, I wasn’t surprised. I’m disappointed but he’s been very good for us.”

One bright spark for the Darts came in midweek as young defender Ronny Nelson, who has joined on a one-month loan from Colchester, put in a strong debut. Nelson joined Colchester from Leicester’s Academy.

“Ronny was fantastic,” admitted 52-year-old Pennock.“He came in and met the players before the game.

“He was very good and strong in the air.”
KentC

Post by KentC »

Thanks for putting this on here, nothing on Ollie?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

"That's the first time I've lost it with them"

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... em-303549/

Dartford manager Adrian Pennock lets rip at half-time during 2-0 defeat against Maidstone | Darts two points from safety but boss confident they will stay up

New boss Adrian Pennock “had a right go” at his Dartford players for the first time during their defeat by Maidstone.

Pennock saw the Darts undo all their good work by conceding with virtually the final kick of the first half at Princes Park on Saturday.

Liam Sole still had plenty to do after picking up possession but Pennock put the goal down to a lapse in concentration at the end of three minutes’ added time.

The hosts had goalkeeper Billy Terrell sent off early in the second half, although Darts are considering an appeal, and Jephte Tanga added a late second for the Stones.

It was a third successive defeat for new boss Pennock whose side are now two points from safety in the National League South relegation zone.

He’s confident they have what it takes to stay up but delivered a few home truths at the break.

“That’s the first time I think they’ve seen me say a few hard things and I said to them it’s because I care,” said Pennock.

“I’ve had a right old go at them at half-time because we can’t keep conceding goals like that.

“That’s the first time I’ve lost it with them at half-time.

“It’s constructive criticism, obviously, but it was so frustrating because we were in the game and then 10 minutes into the second half we get a red card and then it’s tough, you’re up against it, but they’ve given me everything.

“Take away the extra time, whatever it was, but we’ve got to concentrate.

“If it’s 10 minutes extra we’ve got to concentrate and do our jobs properly.

“You can’t rest on your laurels in this league or any league.

“You’ve got to be professional and do things properly and arguably, OK, he played a minute extra but it’s no excuse.

“We can’t concede goals like that.

“The people from top to bottom, the supporters, they’ve been incredible, the players, they’ve been fantastic.

“So I’ve already got a relationship with them and I want to do so well for this football club.

“I want to win and it hurts when we lose. It hurts me that we’re losing games.”

Pennock was taking charge of his first home game following away defeats against Torquay and Braintree.

They looked good in the first half, with Brandon Barzey in particular causing plenty of problems down the right.

But the goal didn’t come and they paid the price.

If Sole’s strike upset their rhythm, they were left well up against it when Terrell was adjudged to have taken down Maidstone striker Mo Faal after racing out of his area.

Pennock feels there’s potential to appeal the decision after watching a replay but the damage is done.

“I thought for 40 minutes we were the best team, we just lacked concentration in the last five seconds of the first half which has been an ongoing thing here,” said Pennock.

“If we saw the first half out at 0-0 we were in a positive place at the time because I thought we looked dangerous, we coped with what they were throwing at us.

“We lost a little bit of concentration but then the red card changes the game completely.

“We had a look at it, it looks like he got the ball, so we’re going to see if we can appeal but after that, you’re chasing it because you want to score a goal and they’ve scored a second.”

“The players gave me absolutely everything.

“I’ve seen enough now in the three tough games I’ve had that we’ve got enough to stay in this division.

“They’ve got to keep believing it, like I believe in every single one of those players in there.”

Dartford host Maidstone again on Tuesday night, this time in the Kent Senior Cup semi-finals.

Both teams look set to make plenty of changes.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... rn-303846/

Dartford manager Ady Pennock says it’ll be business as usual when predecessor Alan Dowson returns to the club with Hemel Hempstead this weekend

Dartford must treat Alan Dowson’s return to Princes Park as just another game.

That’s the view of his successor, Ady Pennock, as Darts prepare to host Hemel Hempstead on Saturday.

Dowson was sacked in January with the club 16th in National League South, 10 points clear of the relegation zone, having finished runners-up in his first season in charge.

They’ve since dropped into the bottom four with caretaker boss Tony Burman unable to turn their form around and Pennock losing his first three games.

Dowson was named Hemel manager until the end of the season a fortnight ago, offering his services for free, and makes a swift return to his old club this weekend.

It adds a bit of spice to what’s already an important game but the hosts can’t afford to get caught up in that.

Asked about Dowson’s return, Pennock said: “It’s nothing to do with me, it’s nothing to do with anything here. It’s a game of football and it’s all about the three points.

“We’ve got to respect what anyone’s done here.

“There’s no point pointing fingers because it’s all about now, not then and what’s just gone.

“We have to focus on us, not on other things that are going on. We’re worried about Dartford Football Club. We’re not worried about anything else.”

Pennock is a couple of weeks into the job, his first back in English football since returning from a five-year stint in Brunei with DPMM, where he won the Singapore Premier League.

The game hasn’t changed that much, while Pennock is working hard to make further additions to the squad.

He’s already signed defender Ronny Nelson on loan from Colchester and striker Jordan Greenidge from Tonbridge.

“I think people were worried about the contacts I’ve got,” said Pennock. “My God, I’ve got contacts coming out my earholes and these are big earholes, but football’s football.

“I’ve been very fortunate. I’ve been to the top of football (coaching in the Premier League at Stoke) and obviously to the lower leagues. I started at Welling and it was fantastic, so I know what to deal with.

“I’ve been involved in part-time football before and I’ve obviously been in professional football before but it’s no different, we still want to win.

“I don’t care who it is, you ask my grandchildren if Grandad wants to win a game of whatever it is.”

Pennock feels Dartford are still an attractive club for players, despite their battle to avoid relegation. And while he’s been aiming high in the market, it’s always worth testing the water.

“It’s tough because I’ve asked players and clubs if they could come,” said Pennock.

“I want them here and they’re good-quality players but not everyone wants to come this low.

“With all due respect, this is Conference South, but if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

“Ronny, who’s come in from Colchester, a 20-year-old boy, has been fantastic in the two games he’s been here. Jordan Greenidge is another one.

“They’re big players for us. OK, results haven’t been what we want but they will turn. I’m confident they will turn.”

Dartford, who lost their Kent Senior Cup Semi-Final to Maidstone 4-3 on penalties on Tuesday night, visit Truro in a rearranged league game next Tuesday (7.45pm).