Fumnaya Shomotun (Sub)
No votes
Jordan Greenidge (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 28

Pedro

Re: Dartford v Worthing Tue 9 Apr 2024

Post by Pedro »

Feel gutted for the lads. Best football I have seen this season but the lack of a 20+ goalscorer or two really the difference between top and bottom. You cannot manage for the mistakes at the back - other than of course getting a solid, consistently good back four.

Still technically possible to stay up but, as I said, feel sorry for the lads.

COYD
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

There’s not many out of the whole squad I’d keep. In fact I’d go as far as to say they’re not even good enough for next season in the IPL. What a disaster. Gotta get it right in the summer Ade and team.
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KentC

Post by KentC »

There will be questions either when it happens or at the end of the season. It hurts.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Nembhard has been crap most of the season , pity his big gob didnt transfer into a performance , interesting to know just how may goals his stupidity has cost us this season, I cannot believe that young Whitfield wouldnt be a better bet than him ??????????

I am so looking forward to next season [ whichever division] as I feel sure Ade will have a major clear out and get players in who want to actually give 100% for the Club and the Fans !!!!
oranj

Post by oranj »

It’s the same old story at home. A decent performance for a large part of the game and then we press the self destruct button. Last time it was the goalkeeper, this time Nembhard somehow misses a basic header and lets their attacker in to score. It’s so boring seeing this week after week after week.

Worthing were by no means at their best today- this was a game we could have got something from. But yet again an away team turns up, puts in a 6/10 performance and comes away with three points. We simply did not play like a team who believed they can save themselves.

Ultimately, we deserve to be relegated and the sooner this season is over, the better. We need a huge clear out in the summer. I can count the number of players I’d like to keep on one hand (and some of those are on loan players). Bring on Truro and the end to this bin fire of season.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Overall a disappointing result from a decent performance. Felt the boys gave it their all tonight and had a real go against a very efficient team in Worthing.

Some decent performances from our boys tonight, Olly Box did very well, and Alex Wall put a real shift in working really hard up front on his own.

Unfortunately we were undone by another couple of errors that seem to have plagued us all season.

I get the feeling Ade has managed to unite the boys and had got them working hard as a unit, they looked like they were out there giving it everything, so a slight positive in that aspect.
KentC

Post by KentC »

The fat lady is in rehearsal and is ready to go.
Russyb63

Post by Russyb63 »

KentC wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:35 pm The fat lady is in rehearsal and is ready to go.
I think the fat lady has lost her voice a few weeks ago ………..😢
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Now onto the match itself

I don't think the performance was THAT good, but then from what we have seen this season the bar was very low. The effort was clearly there but the quality just wasn't.

Worthing played it around us, patiently passing and moving the ball quickly and using their width to their advantage which we couldn't seem to handle. Aside from the penalty we didn't really test their keeper. He made a few saves where the shots were straight at him but nothing that really tested him to his maximum. We seemed to press individually for the most part with Allen coming out of midfield to press their backline or Wall pressing their keeper, the few times we did press as a team it worked and they panicked with it, not sure why we didn't do this more. Our passing was poor for the most part, we seemed to struggle to get any 2nd balls and they had a lot of space to work with.

Once again mistakes at the back cost us. The first goal can be put down to luck, there's no way he meant it and will need to see the replay to see if we could've got out to him earlier or if the keeper could've done better. The 2nd goal is a shambles. Nembhard again costing us goals not for the first time this season.

As I said, I think that's us done. We had the small bit of hope the win against Havant gave us but we are going to need an immense amount of luck to survive this.

Massive clear out needed in the summer.
Russyb63

Post by Russyb63 »

Yet again just not good enough .
You can go back to the start of the season when you buy players from poor teams you just know its not gonna be good enough , proved right !
We have let a few good players go to other clubs , god knows why but surely money is a factor !!!!
Mr Pennock has come in with a bundle of individuals not a team by far , lets hope he can have a good clear out & have players playing for the badge next season !!!!!
I dont write here much but having a say tonight , i cant see me not being here next season , its a great club & ground just needs a team !!!!!!!
As always #COYD 🎯🎯🎯
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Not sure on why pennock waited until the 80th to make a sub, another tactical master class.
Wall was on his arse by the 60th minute, can’t fault the effort but there is zero quality in anything he does.
Greenidhe should never wear the shirt again, he’s an absolute fraud and offers absolutely nothing. His 5 minute cameo was more than enough.
Box our best player again, but we couldn’t find a way to get him into the game second half.
Once the drop is confirmed I don’t see why the academy lads can’t be given a run out against Truro, they’ve got a lot more to offer than some of the dross that has been wheeled out every week so far.
And lastly, Joash nembhard will go down as one of the worst centre backs this club has ever had.
How many points have his mistakes cost us this season?
rambo

Post by rambo »

Decent first half , Ollie was a menace
Needed to hold it at 1-0 for the first ten minutes of the second but unfortunately they mounted an attack on 48 minutes after our second attack of the half and unfortunately we were asleep and it was 1– 1 and thier second goal was just a matter of time away
Terrible season thanks dowsen and Tyler
I would only retain three players for next season and one if them is Ollie so not I much chance of him being with us next season
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

First of all credit to Ady who has got the absolute maximum out of this group of players and kept our faint hopes of survival alive for so long.

Unfortunately we are still seeing individual mistakes which have cost us all season and no matter how much you plan, you can't coach that out of players. First goal i'll need to have another look at but my initial impression was oh F****, second goal i'm afraid was definitely an error.

The players gave it their all and there has no doubt been an improvement since Ady came in, but time is no longer on our side.

The main problem has been player recruitment which has been absolute crap for the last two seasons and there is only one person to blame for that. Whilst it's obvious we need improvements in several areas the goalkeeper has been the biggest concern for me (unfortunately some Buffoon p****d Wilks off) and I firmly believe we would now be safe had this been addressed. Other than the 9 games Sandford played we've not had a decent keeper all season and this has cost us numerous goals and ultimately points. The keepers position is absolutely vital for various reasons.

Ady has a really tough job on his hands but so far he's shuffled the pack and got the absolute maximum from the players, hopefully he will vastly improve the squad next season and with a decent pre season we will see HIS TEAM perform far better.

Have to be honest and say i'll be glad when it's all over so we can draw a line under the last two seasons and start afresh.
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

How are people still blaming dowse for this?
He left 3 months ago.
We’ve had a lot of games since then and have signed more average players who simply aren’t good enough.
Yes dowse is partly to blame of course, but Tony and pennock have also failed to get a tune out of us this season.
Penncoks recruitment barring Nelson has been woeful. Greenidge and bray are no better than Lewis manor, the left back isn’t great and the keeper has cost us on at least two occasions.
Pennocks decision to totally take Olly box out of the squad for his first two games was a huge mistake.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Well i'm guessing your referring to me Matt because as far as i can see i'm the only one whose made reference to it on this thread.

IMO our previous manager was the worse i can ever remember in my 50+ years of watching DFC, on and off the field.
From the forced fun karaoke as soon as he arrived to the car crash interviews every single week. The detrimental comments about the club, budget, fans, training facilities, etc etc etc which occurred on a regular basis. Oh and not forgetting the worse player recruitment i can ever remember from a manager.

I agree that since he's left there hasn't been an improvement in results but i'd argue we are now playing better football, although that isn't hard after the previous 18 months of boring, negative hoof ball hoping to grab a goal from a free kick, long throw or corner. Yes i was hoping we'd get a new manager bounce/bounce and yes it's been three months since he went, but to try and change a losing mentality and get results when the rot has well and truly set in is not easy. Especially when again IMO, he also created the biggest divide between the fans and playing side i can ever remember.

I'd also agree that other than Nelson (whose been very good), player recruitment hasn't been as successful as we needed but to try and get better players late into the season is very difficult. I seem to remember our last manager using the excuse that he got appointed late into PRE SEASON and that's why he couldn't sign the players he wanted (never believed it at the time and still don't).

As for Olly, it has been reported he was carrying a slight knock for those games but i don't know for sure either way. Regardless of that he has been great and a breath of fresh air.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I quite like the idea that IF we are relegated before the last game [ Truro at home ] then play the best of the very successful Academy side which could mean a starting 11 of the following x = Academy lad

Wray
X X Nelson X

Shomotun Allen [if fit] Rooney Coulson

X Box

On the Bench : 5 Academy lads

Result will NOT matter , good experience for them !!!!!!

Give the rest of the so called 1st team squad the day of , they wont mind !!
MickW

Post by MickW »

A lot has been said about our failings and individual errors tonight with little consideration of the opposition.
Worthing are sitting high in the playoff positions for a reason - they are well organised, skillfull and move the ball around quickly and with purpose. They always had at least one guy spare, ready to receive the ball, look up and start an attack or defuse our endeavours.
For our part we worked hard, but we are short of players who can compete creatively. Only Olly could do that tonight. Coulson has been off the boil for a while and the only other players we have who can create are Barzy and Shomo. Allen and Rooney only burn bright on rare occasions. Until we can sort that out our defence is always going to suffer severe examinations and even the best defences will wilt if continously up against it.
Like everyone else I long for an end to this season and look forward with interest to what the future squad will look like.
COYDs
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

Park Life wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:24 am Well i'm guessing your referring to me Matt because as far as i can see i'm the only one whose made reference to it on this thread.

IMO our previous manager was the worse i can ever remember in my 50+ years of watching DFC, on and off the field.
From the forced fun karaoke as soon as he arrived to the car crash interviews every single week. The detrimental comments about the club, budget, fans, training facilities, etc etc etc which occurred on a regular basis. Oh and not forgetting the worse player recruitment i can ever remember from a manager.

I agree that since he's left there hasn't been an improvement in results but i'd argue we are now playing better football, although that isn't hard after the previous 18 months of boring, negative hoof ball hoping to grab a goal from a free kick, long throw or corner. Yes i was hoping we'd get a new manager bounce/bounce and yes it's been three months since he went, but to try and change a losing mentality and get results when the rot has well and truly set in is not easy. Especially when again IMO, he also created the biggest divide between the fans and playing side i can ever remember.

I'd also agree that other than Nelson (whose been very good), player recruitment hasn't been as successful as we needed but to try and get better players late into the season is very difficult. I seem to remember our last manager using the excuse that he got appointed late into PRE SEASON and that's why he couldn't sign the players he wanted (never believed it at the time and still don't).

As for Olly, it has been reported he was carrying a slight knock for those games but i don't know for sure either way. Regardless of that he has been great and a breath of fresh air.
In my opinion it 100% isn’t Dowse fault we are getting relegated and dare I say it as much as he shouldn’t have been manager from October onwards if he had stayed on we would have continued to pick up the odd ugly win which would have kept us up.

The blame lies with the group of people who sacked the previous manager, recruited Dowes, gave him a 2 year contract, didn’t take action quick enough, and basically are sleep walking the club back to the Ishmian and I am amazed you can’t see it PL or is it you just don’t want to critique ?
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Park Life wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:24 am Well i'm guessing your referring to me Matt because as far as i can see i'm the only one whose made reference to it on this thread.

This wasn’t aimed solely at you, there are several people on here who continually reference dowse.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that he isn’t at fault for some of the failings this season but there are many more issues at play here.
The majority of this squad have had an easy ride all season, when people have posted criticism about them they got shot down instantly.
Where was the urgency amongst the subs tonight to warm up. At 2-1 down in the 75th minute we didn’t have a single person warming up, when one did emerge he came off the bench laughing with the injured dross sat in the stands.