Twitter: https://twitter.com/FarnboroughFC

Directions: https://farnboroughfc.co.uk/club/stadium/directions/

Forum: https://farnboroughfcfans.freeforums.ne ... discussion

Admission: https://farnboroughfc.co.uk/club/match-tickets/

Adult £15
Concession £10
14-17 year old £5
Under 14 (must be with a responsible Adult) FREE

Admitted as a Concession: Over 65, Armed Forces and Students with valid ID card.
Children 14 and under must be accompanied by a responsible Adult. Maximum of two Children per Adult.

Home Match Tickets can be purchased in advance online through Kaizen:
https://farnboroughfc.ktckts.com/event/ ... s-dartford

Car Park £2 (Please ensure you bring the correct amount of change)
Match Day Programme £2.50

Referee: Michael Robertson-Tant
Assistant Referee: Dane Johnston
Assistant Referee: Imran Khan (not the ex-cricketer and former Prime Minister of Pakistan) :D
Spike

Re: Farnborough v Dartford Sat 3 Feb 2024

Post by Spike »

I think we should keep our aspirations realistic for the rest of this season. The squad left behind by Dowse is a mish-mash of players of varying ability, over-loaded in some positions and woefully short in others, not least because Dowse's recruitment was woeful and he relied far too heavily on short-term fix loanees. Additionally, we keep stumbling very late in games, which makes me question the fitness levels too. To be frank, what TB has been left to sort out is a bit of a shambles and he really has a tough job on his hands. With a new manager arriving soon, he can hardly make any major signings as these may not fit with the new man's plans yet he somehow has to fix things well enough to keep us out of trouble. As much as I hate relying on loan deals, that would appear to be the only way to bridge the gap until the new appointment is made. But we are only 7 points clear of the drop and are far from safe. Realistically, Dover and Havant look doomed, Taunton have lost most of their squad and are in freefall, but Eastbourne and Welling will still feel they have a chance. Those people talking about a late surge for the play-offs really need to get a grip on reality as surely our only concern this season now has to be gathering enough points to stay up, regroup and start again next season.

We supporters really need to get behind TB and the team and help them get the 5 or 6 wins that will see us get the 50+ points that will probably secure safety. At this stage, we need to pick up points wherever we can get them and personally I couldn't care less about style points at the moment and I'll take winning ugly all day long until we reach safety.

We definitely have some decent players so hopefully things will improve and the 7 point cushion does give us a bit of time, but a decent result at Farnborough would be a massive boost to morale. COYD.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I echo that. I’ll happily take a draw from Farnborough!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Spot on Spike 👍
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Totally agree with all of Spike's post !!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Well stated Spike. Agree 100%. What a pickle.
Let's hope a decision is made soon re the manager but until then we have to give Tony 100%.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Spike has absolutely summed up our current position and agree 100%
Skip

Post by Skip »

Spike wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:35 am Those people talking about a late surge for the play-offs really need to get a grip on reality as surely our only concern this season now has to be gathering enough points to stay up, regroup and start again next season.
I’m not sure the club is of the same view, Spike. According to the interview after Dowson was sacked, Steve (Irving) was very much of the opinion that the play offs were still a very realistic target. We’ve only played the one league match since then so presumably that is still the expectation? Mind you we’ll definitely need to bolster the squad which is looking a little threadbare. And of course there is the possibility of the bounce effect when a new manager is appointed. I seem to recall Steve King’s arrival resulted in a complete turnaround in form; the team going from certs for relegation to play offs. Fingers crossed the season isn’t just a survival figh when there’s still 54 points still to play for.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ly-300341/
Sleightly Deceptive

I admire that optimism Skip. But, whilst my glass is over half full now, I’m still looking down rather than up. I dread the loan system but, right now, I’d say it looks like a good option. Already looking forward to next season! Hope we get a new boss in early so he/she can recruit appropriately.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

George Alexander has been recalled by Bromley we are officially screwed!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I'll be there giving 100% support to TB and the players.

KTF
Sleightly Deceptive

Undercover Elephant wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:16 pm George Alexander has been recalled by Bromley we are officially screwed!
Oh well. I’m going on Saturday. I’ll take my boots. Just in case.
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Park Life wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:22 pm I'll be there giving 100% support to TB and the players.

KTF
I will bring my prey mat!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

That's always the risk with loan players but atm i think that's our only real option.
I think if George had been used properly he would be a decent player but our previous manager completely screwed that up playing him only once in a pair then as a lone striker/target man when clearly anyone with half a football brain could see that wasn't going to work.
We are paying the price for our previous managers piss poor management and TB and the players have got the tough job of picking up the pieces which is why i'll be there backing them 100%.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Let's hope for a bit of good luck today.
COYD'S.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

And good luck to Funmaya should he have anything to do with the outcome of this game.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Good luck today Tony and the team , I know that the players will fight like demons for the points at stake
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Will be making the trip to Farnborough shortly and i just have a sneaky feeling we might get a result today, so much so that i have placed a small wager on us. The first football bet i have done for years.
Farnborough are on a bit of a bad run losing their last four so if we can play like we did against Weymouth for the first 20-25 mins or so, there's no reason to think we cant get something form this game.

Have a feeling TB might go 4-5-1 today, something like this:-

Terrell
Statham, Nembhard, Rooney, Odaudu
Miller-Rodney, Smith, Wynter, Maloney, Coulson
Wall or Sheringham

Subs:
Wall/Sheringham
Shomotun
Adebowale
Block
Allen
May also be some academy lads involved as well.

Barzey - i believe TB said he will be out for 2-3 weeks.

COYD
rambo

Post by rambo »

I hope you win your bet PL but I feel Tony will go 442 probably with the new guy as a forward with wall or Charlie
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

rambo wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:10 am I hope you win your bet PL but I feel Tony will go 442 probably with the new guy as a forward with wall or Charlie
That is a possibility but as he only signed a few days ago i think TB might start him on the bench.
Either way as long as we can get a result I don't mind.
COYD