Harvey Bradbury

BRASSNECK

Harvey Bradbury

Post by BRASSNECK »

Signs for Farnborough.
Lars Resort

Re: Harvey Bradbury

Post by Lars Resort »

What an absolute joke this season is turning into. No rhyme or reason for what is going on. It is becoming an embarrassment.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Hopefully someone will shed some light on this. Has it been coming for a while, ie another player that couldn't work under Douse and was looking for a way out sharpish, or a knee reaction to his departure? I know where my money would be. Could be another reason altogether, but far to big a turnover to say we have had a happy team under douse.

We need help.
MickW

Post by MickW »

The guy was a liability - no loss to us at all.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

To be honest I would imagine we could expect a few more changes over the coming weeks, not wholesale though
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Tall Dart wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:45 pm Hopefully someone will shed some light on this. Has it been coming for a while, ie another player that couldn't work under Douse and was looking for a way out sharpish, or a knee reaction to his departure? I know where my money would be. Could be another reason altogether, but far to big a turnover to say we have had a happy team under douse.

We need help.
If he couldn’t work under dowse than why would he leave now that dowse has gone?
I believe he commutes from Hampshire so this gets him nearer home.
He’s had a season hit with suspension and a recent injury too so no great loss for me.
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

I meant it may have already been in discussion under Douse, and maybe too much water under the bridge to bother staying.

Wasn't aware of all the facts :o , nor can I really say much about the current squad for this season, as I haven't attended. Not that I don't care about how we are doing, hoping to be back on the terraces again soon, then I can see for myself how bad it has got.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Harvey looked promising last season, but I think he got frustrated with the lack of service and took to amusing himself by throwing elbows around and winding up opposition defenders. This led to him being left out recently and then suddenly, now, the travel is too much. Had Dowse put a team together that actually gave the lad some service things might have worked out differently, but we move on.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

agree with Spike's post , my opinion is no great loss and clears the deck for TB to see what Wall and Manor [ who didnt get a fair crack under Dowse ] can do alongside George and with Altintop and Diarra also gone will free up some wages for a couple of new faces , interesting to see IF Barrzey's loan gets cut as we need a wide man ??????????
MickW

Post by MickW »

Flanagan and Coyle to shore up the defence and Ryno on the wing should do the job.
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

According to the Farnborough manager Spencer Day they paid a Fee to sign him, I wonder how much? Harvey lives in Portsmouth so it was a fair old trot for him to play for Dartford.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I personally would like to see Brandon back, a tad disappointed on the Harvey issue and who knows what the reason was for him gone. George can mix it up front with the right guys around him so losing Harvey is no big deal.
But what is going on at the club at the moment can be embarrassing for us. No new manager for me until the end of the season. We must give Tony our full backing.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Just put Tony up front, he’ll show our forwards how to score 😜😜.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Good luck Harvey. Not a great loss as he hardly excelled, but then under the circumstances, who would?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

With Bradbury gone what a great opportunity for Wall and/or Manor to be get the "big man role " up front with George feeding of them which seemingly is one of George's main strengths , at least with Tony , Lewis Manor will get a fair chance and Alex Wall IF he can stay fit can also have a big influence
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Good interview with Tony clarifying the situation with Harvey. Also the interview was short and sweet with no rambling.
No mass exodus by the looks of things so let's get behind them. Hopefully Tony can turn our fortune around.
Clare

Post by Clare »

Interview here
https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... it-300281/

Caretaker Dartford manager Tony Burman explains why striker Harvey Bradbury was sold to Farnborough and doesn’t expect mass squad exodus

Striker Bradbury was sold to National League South rivals Farnborough after scoring only five league goals for the Darts this season.

Sacked Dartford boss Alan Dowson played a major role in persuading Bradbury to join the Darts in the summer after a successful loan spell at the end of last season.

With the striker living on the south coast, it is no great surprise that he had joined a club closer to home.

“I had a chat with Harvey last Thursday,” explained Burman.

“He lives in Portsmouth and the travelling that he was doing was getting to him, which happens, especially during the winter months when players are travelling all the way up in the dark and all the way home. I think he did well for us and he’s a good lad.

“Farnborough approached us on Monday and with the circumstances that Harvey told me it seemed to be not a bad thing to do.

“We did the deal with Farnborough and wish him all the very best, it happens in football.

“But it was nothing to do with the football club, with the travelling and work it was more a case of going to club a little bit nearer home.

“They paid a fee which helped the deal go through. We’re not talking fortunes but there was a fee there.

“I’m not expecting other players to leave. I’ve had a good chat with them and there’s no full-scale changes planned.

“The players have been very close to getting a lot more points and I’ll just give them a little bit of guidance myself.

“I’ve said we’ll be staying together as a group, hopefully some of the guys who have unfortunately not been available due to injury can come back in and make us a bit stronger as a squad.

“I’m not looking to take people out, we’ve got to get on with it. There isn’t a lot of improvement required, they just need that bit of confidence back.”

Burman will be assisted in the dugout by Craig Belgrave, who was assistant manager to Steve King during his tenure at Princes Park.

After a wasted trip on Tuesday night when Dartford’s clash at Truro was postponed just over an hour before kick-off, their first game in temporary charge will be at Bath this Saturday.

“He's a good coach, I’ve spoken to him as friends for a long time and he’s been to some of our games,” explained Burman.

“Since everything happened last Thursday, Craig has taken two good sessions and I’m pleased that I’m working with him.

“We’ll have a training session again on Thursday and then hopefully the weather’s okay and the game is on.

“We just want to try our best, work hard and maybe change that little bit of misfortune that we’ve been having. We’ve been very close to being a good outfit.”
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

What a difference with this explanation from Tony with all the relevant information that we need no excuses and the changes appear to be just what most of us wanted.
Of course it also helps to understand in plain English what he is intending to say instead of Geordie lingo rubbish ;)
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Whatever happens I think that things will.improve .
We have a reasonable squad which has lost it way a bit, so now is the time to back TB and the lads.
Get some self belief and get some points on the board.
COYDss
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I thought that was a dreadful interview with Tony, I mean there was absolutely no mention of the budget or that Tommy Block was coming back. He’s not once mentioned the board or called the fans idiots and worst of all there wasn’t a single bit of waffle.

I mean has the man not learnt anything from Dowse about interviews since the geordie guy was in the hot seat.
Unless he changes his ways I’m binning my season ticket and he’ll soon have the fans on his back. 😜🤣😜🤣.

A good informative interview with Tony regarding Harvey and why he’s left and hopefully he’ll be able to turn these players around and start getting the best out of them.