New Manager.

Moderator: Gary C

Disco Stu

Re: New Manager.

Post by Disco Stu »

Fingers crossed Pennock can guide us to National South survival, good luck and welcome to the Darts. Wonder if we will see former Dart, Jamie Day on the coaching team seeing as they worked together at Welling and Gillingham in the past.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Mark Sweet wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:59 pm Not too sure about this one honestly.

I hope to be wrong but this is underwhelming for me. Gillingham fans don't seem to rate him
What a surprise, you're not happy
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Taunton Dart wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:54 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:59 pm Not too sure about this one honestly.

I hope to be wrong but this is underwhelming for me. Gillingham fans don't seem to rate him
The majority from what I've seen are dissatisfied with this. Not just me so put your agenda away
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Mark Sweet wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:15 pm

The majority from what I've seen are dissatisfied with this. Not just me so put your agenda away
Really? I haven't heard any negative comments, apart from (sadly, predictably!) yours, Mark.

I think that vast majority of Dartford fans will welcome a proven and experienced manager.

Welcome Ady, and good luck in your endeavours at Princes Park!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Mark Sweet wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 5:15 pm

I don't have an agenda - I just wish you'd take your negativity elsewhere
rambo

Post by rambo »

Thank you Tony for making the squad work harder and your efforts in bringing in new players. A little unlucky in the points haul I think
Good luck Ade and hopefully you bring a decent player or two with you
The players are now playing for their nls futures. Who will want to sigh players in this division that have a NLS relegation on thier CV
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Good Luck Ady your going to need it but welcome to the Darts.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I’m not a mark sweet lover as he didn’t believe what I said about Dowse, but he’s the only one prepared to tell the truth all the time. You don’t sack a manager who has been crap for ages, put into place the person who employed him, who turns out crap and rejoice at the crap scrabbling around for someone to take on a squad that the crap who appointed him couldn’t get anything out of
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I’m not a mark sweet lover as he didn’t believe what I said about Dowse, but he’s the only one prepared to tell the truth all the time. You don’t sack a manager who has been crap for ages, put into place the person who employed him, who turns out crap and rejoice at the crap scrabbling around for someone to take on a squad that the crap who appointed him couldn’t get anything out of
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Not sure why all the negative comments, to be honest it’s only got to be an improvement on the last clown we had,

Good Luck Ady I’m sure we can get enough points to be safe from relegation, would expect a few new faces in over the next week or so
KentC

Post by KentC »

Look, let’s give him our full support and back him, he needs our support.
i think it’s unfair to judge someone before he’s got going.
Yes he’s got a mixed bag of experience but he has lots of experience, my biggest concern would be how much does he know this league.
However he’s our new manager so let’s all support him, it’s not exactly gonna be a shock if he does well.
I’ll be giving him my applause when he’s announced at the game and I will be patient with him and understand he will need a bit of time.
His only immediate job is to keep us up, so if he gets us organised and switched on for 90 mins plus improves a few who are not giving 100% (yes I know most do) he has a great chance.

Welcome Ady, need you to hit the ground running mate.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

f*ck me , people moaning before he has even taken charge of a match , unf*cking believable ! Who are these majority of dissatisfied fans ? Have you taken a pole !
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

KSTDART wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:58 pm f*ck me , people moaning before he has even taken charge of a match , unf*cking believable ! Who are these majority of dissatisfied fans ? Have you taken a pole !
They’re not fans Kev, just trouble-causing trolls. To use your term - melts!!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Was at the Chippenham home game weeks ago with his side-kick.

I guess he wasn't ready or the board were hoping TB would turn it around, either way I am hopeful of some improvement in results and gives a him a chance to build a stable and balanced squad.

We need reinforcements so I hope he is able to use his contacts in the game to bring a few to the club.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Was we expecting anything else from MS?
Okay, I wasn't expecting Ady, but then I wasn't expecting Dowson.
Is it too late to save our season? Maybe.
But give him a chance to put his feet in the door. Let's hope he gets it right. A big ask but he obviously wanted the job. Let's get behind him.
But as for negativity. Mark is the No1 man.
Dartford Hammer

Post by Dartford Hammer »

Within 15 minutes or so of the news breaking you had read the news of the new manager, asked around the Gillingham fans that you know or gone to their forum ( where i doubt there is anything about him ) and you have concluded that they don't rate him?? I think it's a bit far fetched to believe any of the above has happened...!???

If he is underwhelming for you, who would have been 'overwhelming' and an obvious choice and someone better than what we now have?
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Dartford Hammer wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:24 pm

Within 15 minutes or so of the news breaking you had read the news of the new manager, asked around the Gillingham fans that you know or gone to their forum ( where i doubt there is anything about him ) and you have concluded that they don't rate him?? I think it's a bit far fetched to believe any of the above has happened...!???

If he is underwhelming for you, who would have been 'overwhelming' and an obvious choice and someone better than what we now have?
Don’t encourage him!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Dartford Hammer wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:24 pm

Not saying it's you Hammer, but fed up of people saying I'm mr negative on here. We're having an awful borderline disastrous season and I was positive towards Dowson for a lot longer than people on here and you're now seeing why? The board have sacked him with absolutely no plan in place and scrambled around for 2 months and come up with a name nobody has even mentioned. I'm sorry I'm not going to have tinted glasses on and say what everyone wants to hear, that's just not me.

I use twitter more than fan forum, so my judgement was based on a variety of comments from people on there. Gillingham fans will obviously have a much clearer picture of what he's like than we will.

A few names I'd have liked to see

Angelo Harrop was my personal number one choice, others high on my want list:
Tony Russell
Danny Scopes
Lee Bradbury
Jay Saunders

As I said, I hope I'm wrong and this turns out to be a master stroke from the board. And if it is I will happily hold my hands up and apologise.

You've also got ex players such as Tom Bonner publicly liking and quoting posts on twitter suggesting this isn't a great appointment, bet nobody will have a moan at him though?

I will admit Barrow fans seem to think highly of him, so if we get the "Barrow" version rather than the "Gillingham" version then there's no reason why he can't be a success
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Ultimately, it is what Ade does at Dartford that counts for me.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Jonty wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:25 pm Ultimately, it is what Ade does at Dartford that counts for me.
Exactly! 👍

KC mentions a “mixed bag of experience “and MS
Hopes we get the “Barrow version instead of the Gillingham version”
Basically any manager can have a mixed bag of experience and achievements ( even Dowse had his successes) Tony took us to the NL and 8th place finish , but there were still those who weren’t happy , and the same will apply to Ade Pennock . If he somehow manages to keep this team up then he would have already performed a minor miracle?
Last edited by Top Cat on Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.