New Manager.

Moderator: Gary C

KingKong

New Manager.

Post by KingKong »

Who would you like and who do you realistically think we will get. Should we wait until the end of the season? I would like Hinshelwood from worthing but cant see that happening or danny Scopes from Aveley.
Lars Resort

Re: New Manager.

Post by Lars Resort »

Not a clue..
Yet. See who's out there.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Hmmm. Good one. Not sure really what to say. I mean Dowse was a popular choice at the time wasn’t he?! 😂 I’m guessing that Tony (Burman not Hardy!) has distanced himself from the full time post and I get that. Yours are sound ‘add to favourites list.’ Is Steve King out of work? 😂

What about Bradbury’s ol’ man?
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

There’ll be no shortage of interest!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I’m not so sure TB will be just a temporary fill in??
I reckon he might be up for another long term go at it??
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Roy Hodgson
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I like to think there will several serious contenders , so who knows ?
Whoever comes in I just hope that we get a settled squad and not the 3 in and 3 out every fortnight under the last regime.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I'm hoping for a younger manager with all the latest UEFA badges and someone who has a good pedigree. We need someone with new ideas who can develop players from our academy right through to the first team and there is one stand out candidate. He served under the Cowley Brothers for a few season's, took over at Concord and guided them to the FA Trophy final and has won successive Promotions with Aveley. He has also lost the bulk of his best players this season and yet still manages to get his team performing. I would go for Danny Scopes.

Personally, I think the club should have a quiet word with him when Aveley are in town and above all else, he actually talks quite well.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/aveley/v ... 97504.html
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Would hope part of their remit is bringing through some of the youth players who for whatever reason seem to move on to other decent clubs but never pull on the famous black and white at PP!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Why can't TB have an extended tin as manager and start bringing a management team through - just like Liverpool did in the old days under Bill Shankly and his boot room staff.

It looked a bit as if Tony had been doing this to some extent with Academy coaches over the years.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I'm beginning to wonder if this could be all too late. There is still a big chance we could be dragged into a relegation fight.
Having Tony back is a great thing albeit temporary but two tough away games is not the greatest beginning for him and we could be in a scrap. We have so many tough games coming up.
I'm hoping the squad he has will be motivated enough to see this season through and we will still be NSL at the end of it. It will be a travesty should we go down.
Nin

Post by Nin »

Jose Mourinho is now available for another managerial role :D
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

ozymandias wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:11 am I'm beginning to wonder if this could be all too late. There is still a big chance we could be dragged into a relegation fight.
Having Tony back is a great thing albeit temporary but two tough away games is not the greatest beginning for him and we could be in a scrap. We have so many tough games coming up.
I'm hoping the squad he has will be motivated enough to see this season through and we will still be NSL at the end of it. It will be a travesty should we go down.
No chance we will be relegated i think the bottom 4 as they are now will be relegated.
Old Woking United

Post by Old Woking United »

Darren Sarl would be a coup for u. Great manager despite the way it ended at Woking.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Hope you are right Dean 🤔
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

BRASSNECK wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:15 pm
ozymandias wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:11 am I'm beginning to wonder if this could be all too late. There is still a big chance we could be dragged into a relegation fight.
No chance we will be relegated i think the bottom 4 as they are now will be relegated.
Hope the team does not have that attitude that we are safe from relegation as in my opinion it can lead to relegation, There is always a team that will fall in to it and at the moment we are in free fall
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

JCJ wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:19 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:15 pm
Hope the team does not have that attitude that we are safe from relegation as in my opinion it can lead to relegation, There is always a team that will fall in to it and at the moment we are in free fall
I always look at things in a positive way unlike some on here.
Knowing Tony if any of the players attitudes are not right they won’t be around long.
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Nin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:28 am Jose Mourinho is now available for another managerial role :D
As is Wayne Rooney!!
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Wonder if Dowse has returned the WJ Kings company car yet.
Imagine if it had been SK it might have been a struggle getting it back.
Could have seen PH driving round Dartford in it!!
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I was wondering about his company car as well. No doubt it will all come out on his soon to be released exit interview with one of the local tabloids.