Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 38

rick
Site Admin

Dartford v Havant and Waterlooville Sat 21 Oct 2023

Post by rick »

Dartford v Havant and Waterlooville Sat 21 Oct 2023

Ground - The Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park, Grassbanks, (off Darenth Road), Dartford DA1 1RT

Dartford FC official sites:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dartfordfc
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DartfordFootballClub/
Radio: https://mixlr.com/dartsfc (no commentary today)

https://dartfordfc.ktckts.com/event/dar ... erlooville

Season Preview: https://puredfc.co.uk/season-preview-2023-2024-11

Havant and Waterlooville

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HWFCOfficial
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HWFCOfficial/
Forum: http://www.havantandwaterlooville.net/b ... um.php?f=3

Hawks Radio: https://hawks-radio.mixlr.com/

Referee: George Warren (was Samuel Read)
Assistant Referee: Andrew Tregoning
Assistant Referee: Bogdan Khimych
JCJ

Re: Dartford v Havant and Waterlooville Sat 21 Oct 2023

Post by JCJ »

Think H&W are on a wind up, on twitter they put next up away to Dartford with a picture of Bonner
Nin

Post by Nin »

JCJ wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:48 pm Think H&W are on a wind up, on twitter they put next up away to Dartford with a picture of Bonner
have you not seen the Tom Bonner thread?
viewtopic.php?t=532
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

It's still a bit of a wind up nin, surely. He probably isn't playing according to talk. But with the King, who knows??
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Doubt anyone in a Steve king team knows if they are playing the next week given his player turnover!
Ring of fire

Post by Ring of fire »

Bonz's working Away over the next 2-3 weeks!
Dunno what Mr. King's thinking...
KentC

Post by KentC »

Hitchin Dart79 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:24 pm Doubt anyone in a Steve king team knows if they are playing the next week given his player turnover!

Yeh let’s criticise king coz our manager does bloody brilliant and he likes to meet supporters in the bar.
Tohell with what happens on the pitch, who cares right.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

The turnover of players from our last 2 managers has been unacceptable and both have managed to annoy me in equal measure. Then again, don't all managers annoy us with their decision making at some point in time and just maybe, Dowse & SK have more in common than you think with their conveyor belt of players. I really hope we manage to put one over our opponents Saturday and I did find the image of Tom on their feed quite amusing as this was clearly done to get under our skin. Again, this is hardly surprising from someone who likes to rearrange the furniture to get closer the officials.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

What concerns me more than anything especially this season is the amount of injuries we’ve had right from pre season up until now. We always seem to have had players out injured, I can’t believe that so many have picked up injuries during games either, some may be be not all. So if this is the case what the hell are we doing in our training sessions where so many players keep getting injured.

Luke Allen & Alex Wall always seem to be out injured and they spent quite a bit of last season on the injury table as well.
I don’t know if Charlie is injured half the time or missing due to school / work commitments but we just can’t keep having these 3 players missing. Obviously these aren’t the only players that have been missing or injured but we do always seem to have a lot out so something behind the scenes & within our training sessions can’t be right. Surely this has to be looked into.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Havant only bother taking points from the top teams - three from Yeovil, one from Taunton and one from Chelmo. Good job we lost Saturday, else we’d have been on the same tally as the Clarets and could’ve been considered ‘up there’, instead of our 14th placed bog-standardisation.
Wont be there Saturday - I’m out on the town with Alex, Charlie and Luke. Trying to round up a few more lads but getting poppycock excuses like having to run about for ten minutes or some such nonsense.
Hope it’s a good turnout and we get one over the old gaffer.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:26 pm What concerns me more than anything especially this season is the amount of injuries we’ve had right from pre season up until now. We always seem to have had players out injured, I can’t believe that so many have picked up injuries during games either, some may be be not all. So if this is the case what the hell are we doing in our training sessions where so many players keep getting injured.

Luke Allen & Alex Wall always seem to be out injured and they spent quite a bit of last season on the injury table as well.
I don’t know if Charlie is injured half the time or missing due to school / work commitments but we just can’t keep having these 3 players missing. Obviously these aren’t the only players that have been missing or injured but we do always seem to have a lot out so something behind the scenes & within our training sessions can’t be right. Surely this has to be looked into.
Injuries have been a constant problem over the years - even in occasion in TB's time. Early season we always seem to have a plethora of injuries - is it something to do with the all weather pitch? Whatever the case is 5th Searcher is quite right something needs changing
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

The Return of the King. Sounds like something from The Lord of the Rings. They'll be Orc's everywhere.
COYD's.
There will only be one Dartford manager at PP on Saturday.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Yep I will and deservedly so and yep same for the current manager too many players being used and some not up to it! Tony B had the right idea a pool of players with the odd sprinkling of a loan player or two when needed or in key positions!

Yeh let’s criticise king coz our manager does bloody brilliant and he likes to meet supporters in the bar.
Tohell with what happens on the pitch, who cares right.
[/quote]
Spike

Post by Spike »

Havant's decision to use Bonzo's picture on their "Next Up" tweet below, is really quite pathetic. It is clearly intended as a wind up although my first reaction was to laugh. Great a player as Tom was for us, none of the Darts fans I know wanted him back on a "play when you can" basis as appeared to be in the pipeline a couple of weeks ago. The mood amongst most Darts fans was we already have half the squad appearing to play only when they feel like it and if Tom wanted back then it would have to be fully committed or not at all. If it turns out Havant truly are happy letting their manager spend their money on retired part-timers just for the purpose of indulging in playground shenanigans, then it would be great to know that he is focussed on that, rather than getting Havant off the bottom of the table. I don't blame Tom for taking their money, I hope he gets barrow loads of it so they don't have it to spend on other players, but I can't believe that he isn't aware that he being used as a pawn in a game of numpty chess and that his defection will have undoubtedly upset a lot of his friends and colleagues at our club. If he doesn't have any other things planned for Saturday and does end up playing against us, it wouldn't be at all surprising if he got booed. Although, to be honest, I think both our clubs would be better served concentrating on winning football matches rather than playing silly buggars as neither of us has much to shout about so far this season.

BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Good luck lads on "Satuarday" against some of the ex-Darts.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Did Steve King proof read the poster?
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Put this up on every peg of the players Saturday , if it doesn’t motivate them then nothing will.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

An afternoon of football for me tomorrow, firstly walking up to the village club to watch the Liverpool v Everton derby at 12:30, a gentle walk home to then tune in our own anticipated match commentary.

Not sure what to expect from this match. Will it still be 11 v 11 come the end of the match. Hope Dowse will be laying the law down on that score, given how we seem to be picking up more than our share of cards, and given the number of ex players on either side who are expected to appear. I'm assuming Tom Bonner will not be playing, and I am not concerned even if he does magically appear on their teamsheet. Personally, it would be handclapping from me if he did, in recognition of his service to the club.

I hope we get last weeks game out of the system. To have scored 3 goals away fron home, and arguably another 3 on top of that, it was a double dose of disappointment to have come away with nothing, and having seen the highlights again, really also very very disappointed Beeney didn't claim the ball to prevent the late, late goal.

COYD
Ring of fire

Post by Ring of fire »

May our Men Darts begin a successful Weekend, with a League Win at Home tomorrow, followed by our so far - Unbeatable DFC Women, in the FACup 3Q on Sunday, 4pm KO. Could we raise the Crowd, for both fixtures?
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

PeteSamson wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:05 pm I'm assuming Tom Bonner will not be playing, and I am not concerned even if he does magically appear on their teamsheet. Personally, it would be handclapping from me if he did, in recognition of his service to the club.
There does seem to be a lot of vitriol and angst aimed at both Tom and Kingy amongst supporters. Who are we to cast judgement on the life decisions they have made? For that reason I am with you Pete, and will applaud both should the opportunity arise, as a mark of respect for what they did for this club during their times with us. Reaching the play offs at the both opportunities Kingy had was no mean feat, after all he only spent what he was approved to spend. And are we any better now? At least I could understand what he said!