DARTFORD 4 ENFIELD TOWN 1

Ajaxman DFC

DARTFORD 4 ENFIELD TOWN 1

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Thoroughly enjoyable game today. It wasn't a case of if we'll score but when. And on the half hour captain Lizzie Adams duly obliged by converting a penalty which she also won.

In the second half we went 2-0 up from an excellent header by the same lady who may have had a hand in the third. Unfortunately I don't know her name but I'm sure TonyDart will file a detailed match report soon, which I do enjoy reading.

In the latter stages Enfield pulled one back from the spot, which was a shame as it denied Jade Charlton a clean sheet today.

But the team replied in the best possible way by scoring a fourth. I think it may have been Molly Hawkins but again will look forward to Tony's post to verify that.

I was fortunate to find myself standing not too far from the Wooden Man this afternoon. And I'm jolly glad I did.
If there is one thing I really love to see in this team, it's Emily Read driving forward down that right wing.
She was terrific in the second half. Basically, Enfield couldn't deal with her. Her tantalising crosses into the box resulted in two of our goals this afternoon. We'll done Emily and I hope I've spelt your surname right.
And now it's 5/5, following another great all round team performance from the players and coaching staff. This team just gets better and better.