Player news

Moderator: Gary C

The Duke

Re: Player news

Post by The Duke »

I hope Noor take a longer term view than a quick [possibly] short term fix with Southend , providing he carries on with his 1st half season form until the end of the season he will be in a strong position to get a chance with a League 1 Club or at worst a very good League 2 team !!

Should we get promoted to NLS and go full time , who knows he might decide to stay ??
Spike

Post by Spike »

Undercover wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:08 am Good Morning,

Southend United fan here in peace.

We have received some rumours that we are close to signing midfielder Noor Husin, I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to give me some details of his game ie the way he plays, his strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks in advance
I would echo KingKong's very funny, but accurate assessment of Noor, whilst adding a few plaudits of my own. Noor is an excellent player who quite literally runs rings round the opposition. This is due in part to his great talent but also the fact that his wooden leg is slightly shorter than the other one, hence the tendency for circular motion. His good eye is now functioning at 75% and doctors say he will soon be able to recognise shapes and colours which will even further enhance his ability to differentiate between opposition players and teammates. Some cruel people have described him as rotund and I can't deny that he does carry a little excess weight, but the liposuction has been a great success and he is now able to get in and out of the dressing rooms unaided here at Princes Park, thanks also to the local builder who kindly widened the door at no charge to our club. I am sure you would have no trouble finding a local tradesman who could do the same for you guys. You can disregard the rumours that his weight still poses a problem when playing on soft ground. In fact the main issue on such surfaces is that his walking stick tends to sink into the turf which further compounds the circular movement problem mentioned earlier. However, none of this should have any bearing on your decision to sign him as he is undoubtedly a marvellous footballer and unquestionably better than you have currently. Since his release from jail, Noor has been an invaluable member of our team despite his ankle bracelet limiting his movement to within 10 miles of Princes Park. I am sure you would have no problem getting a judge to change this to the Southend area. Great player though he is, we would never stand in the way of one of our players should they want to join a bigger club or Southend Utd. I would recommend you sign him the moment he returns from rehab, which has been delayed slightly since he tested positive for Covid-20.
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

I cant say I'm surprised that "bigger" clubs are looking at Noor he is a quality player but with all due respect I think he can do better for himself than Southend. I just hope we can keep him to the end of the season, but if they can offer him better money who could blame him for leaving.
Skip

Post by Skip »

I like Southend…it’s got a pier.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Really hoping Noor stays, I think he can do better than Southend, hopefully we do all we can to keep him at PP, especially if we have ambitions of going up this season, I don't see talk of Jeffers at St Albans and Rutherford at Dorking moving on got to try and keep your best players.

But if he does move on I wish him all the best.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Spike wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:51 pm
Undercover wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:08 am Good Morning,

Southend United fan here in peace.

We have received some rumours that we are close to signing midfielder Noor Husin, I was wondering if any of you would be kind enough to give me some details of his game ie the way he plays, his strengths and weaknesses.

Thanks in advance
I would echo KingKong's very funny, but accurate assessment of Noor, whilst adding a few plaudits of my own. Noor is an excellent player who quite literally runs rings round the opposition. This is due in part to his great talent but also the fact that his wooden leg is slightly shorter than the other one, hence the tendency for circular motion. His good eye is now functioning at 75% and doctors say he will soon be able to recognise shapes and colours which will even further enhance his ability to differentiate between opposition players and teammates. Some cruel people have described him as rotund and I can't deny that he does carry a little excess weight, but the liposuction has been a great success and he is now able to get in and out of the dressing rooms unaided here at Princes Park, thanks also to the local builder who kindly widened the door at no charge to our club. I am sure you would have no trouble finding a local tradesman who could do the same for you guys. You can disregard the rumours that his weight still poses a problem when playing on soft ground. In fact the main issue on such surfaces is that his walking stick tends to sink into the turf which further compounds the circular movement problem mentioned earlier. However, none of this should have any bearing on your decision to sign him as he is undoubtedly a marvellous footballer and unquestionably better than you have currently. Since his release from jail, Noor has been an invaluable member of our team despite his ankle bracelet limiting his movement to within 10 miles of Princes Park. I am sure you would have no problem getting a judge to change this to the Southend area. Great player though he is, we would never stand in the way of one of our players should they want to join a bigger club or Southend Utd. I would recommend you sign him the moment he returns from rehab, which has been delayed slightly since he tested positive for Covid-20.
Brilliant!!
Bexley Blue

Post by Bexley Blue »

Lots of "he can do better than Southend". We've been a basket case for 4 years up until a month or so ago, but the tide is turning. New stadium all but approved, money coming into the club again, a huge restructuring behind the scenes which has left us with a Football Department and scouting operation which I would rank amongst the most impressive outside of the Championship/top of League 1 and which has has outed the toxic charlatans who oversaw our demise, and an excellent young coaching team that wants to play attractive football.

Say what you like but feeling is that we've hit our lowest ebb and have maintained crowds of over 5,000 through it. We are still a big club at this level. Can't see us going down now. We seem to have an identity and a direction again, and I don't think we're as hard a sell right now as some of you are making out - wouldn't seem so anyway seeing as we've just paid £35k for Harry Cardwell and beaten off competition from Chesterfield and a couple of League 2 clubs.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Let’s hope you play your Card-well ?
BAWArmy

Post by BAWArmy »

https://twitter.com/SUFCRootsHall

Looking at their twitter description, looks like the deal is done pending announcement :(
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

It’s a noor gone conclusion that he has signed for Southend.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Oh cock 🤬 . Wish him all the best though
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Best wishes to Noor as he has deserved this chance with some outstanding performances for the Darts and I really hope he does great at Southend and then gets a move into the Championship .

Perhaps Kev will send the Afganistan Flag to Southend to make him feel at home

Good Luck Noir !!

nb I 'd like Kingy to sign Theobald as he would be a very good [ pacy] driving force in midfield [ sorry Noir but life goes on !!]
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Noor has earned himself a two and half year deal at Southend, so good luck to him. The transfer fee is undisclosed (surprise, surprise) but if Southend allegedly paid £35,000 for Harry Cardwell yesterday who has come from a club at the same level as Dartford and is a year older I would hope that the Darts have received at least a similar fee for Noor. If the club has let Noor go cheaply, and I hope they haven't, it doesn't say much for our ambitions to get promoted.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

'nads - Good Luck Noor. Quality player and sure to do well at Southend.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Good Luck to Noor, he’s been a quality player for us in the short time he’s been with us but in these circumstances I’d rather see the player go now and we get a good fee for him than stay till the end of the season and then see them walk away with us getting sod all because they are out of contract which I’m sure would’ve happened with the sort of interest there must have been for him.

Noor wanted to get back into fulltime football which he will now have where as I still think we are a way off of that yet even if we did go up next season.

Let’s wait and see who Kingy will now bring into the club whether it be the striker he’s been looking for and this is the funds needed or will he get another midfield player.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I would like to thank Noor for his valuable contribution to DFC. One of the most creative midfield players to have joined our club, I would put him alongside Jon Wallis as one of my favourite players. Good luck Noor.
MickW

Post by MickW »

Sad to see Noor go, but I guess we were lucky to have him grace our team, even for a short time.
Best of luck Noor and thank you.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Absolutely gutted but wish him every sucess.It was a privilege to see him at princes park.Good luck legend.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Gutted to see Noor go. Can't blame him, but he really was the heart-beat of the midfield for me. Without him I can only see us sliding further down the division. Sadly, I don't believe King has what it takes to get a side promoted.