Player news

Moderator: Gary C

Park Life

Re: Player news

Post by Park Life »

Pleased with that, big season for Marvin as loads of potential and great opportunity for him. Time to knuckle down.

Last edited by Park Life on Thu May 18, 2023 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Well Dowse is certainly hitting the ground running - no chance for the grass to grow under his feet.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Happy with those 3 retentions.

Jordan was brilliant last season, and although midfield is a position I think we need to strengthen with some new faces he was a player I was hoping would be signed and can definitely be a key part of the (hopefully) new look midfield.

Tommy feels like a new signing, didn't see anything of him last season but Dowse obviously rates him highly and with a full pre season ahead will need no time to settle once the season starts. Looking forward to seeing him in action.

Marvin showed signs last season that he has what it takes, there's definitely potential there he just needs to show that consistency to get a solid run of games.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Very good news

The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

That’s a good start so far for Dowse, I’m pleased about Jordan & Sam. Tommy seems to have a good reputation so look forward to seeing him & Marvin has the potential he just needs to show it more.
Wait with baited breath for more signings and fingers crossed the news that Harvey & Bonner have signed again.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Wow. What great news so early on. C’mon Tom - add yourself to the list. 😃
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Good news re Sam and Jordan. Not too sure on Block but Dowse seems to rate him. Marvin needs to buckle down and produce the goods or he'll be out on loan for next season too.
How about Jack Holland from Dulwich Ramjet? Worth a glimpse.Unless he's comfortable in the Isthmian Premier.
Onwards and upwards.
COYD's
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Jordan Greenidge unlikely to sign a permanent deal with Tonbridge after his loan spell there from Hemel. Still only 23.
COYD
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Not sure where Jack Smith is going but he has left Stevenage.

COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Wilks gone.... someone is going to get a very good keeper.

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Letting Dan go is putting a massive amount of faith in whoever the keeper will be, whether thats Ben or a new signing. Dan is probably the best keeper in this league in my opinion so somebody will have big gloves to fill.

Need to get Bonner and Samir signed up ASAP. The fact Bonner wasn't one of the first makes me slightly worried.
Spike

Post by Spike »

It's been a good day overall, but this is the one bit of today's business that I'm disappointed about. Really sorry to see Wilksy go, he was and still is a massive favourite amongst the fans. It did seem as though this was always coming after Dowse signed Ben, but personally, I felt Ben was an excellent fix to a problem that never really existed. Having signed him though, it seemed inevitable that Dan would be on his way at some point as there was no way we could keep the two best keepers in the division happy. Dan has been outstanding for us and has an awful lot of credit in the popularity bank. Of course you have to trust the manager and back his decisions, but there's no denying that this is a big call by Dowse and I doubt it will be a popular one.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Spike wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:55 pm It's been a good day overall, but this is the one bit of today's business that I'm disappointed about. Really sorry to see Wilksy go, he was and still is a massive favourite amongst the fans. It did seem as though this was always coming after Dowse signed Ben, but personally, I felt Ben was an excellent fix to a problem that never really existed. Having signed him though, it seemed inevitable that Dan would be on his way at some point as there was no way we could keep the two best keepers in the division happy. Dan has been outstanding for us and has an awful lot of credit in the popularity bank. Of course you have to trust the manager and back his decisions, but there's no denying that this is a big call by Dowse and I doubt it will be a popular one.
I fully agree with you Spike, Dan is a top top quality keeper and should never have been released. He is in my opinion the better of the two keepers by a distance, the defence never seemed as shaky with him in goal as it does with Ben. Whoever gets to sign Dan will have grabbed the best keeper in the league, a big mistake by Dowse I’m afraid.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

I wouldn't be surprised to see the former Woking keeper Craig Ross turn up at Dartford. He has just been released after 5 seasons at the club and played under Dowse for a lot of that period.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Don't think that Jack Smith will be coming back here anytime soon.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Pleased with the signing of Lewis Manor .
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Was impressed with Lewis Manor when we played at Concord last month. Played at centre half in the first half and scored, played at centre forward in the second half and scored again. Don't think that he lost a header all night.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Good signing that. He got six goals last season in 17 games for a struggling Concord side. Hopefully, with better service, he can be firing them in for fun at Princes Park.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Could be that striker we have been missing. Scoring in that Concord side would not have been easy so very excited to see what he can do in a better team. From what people are saying on twitter it sounds like he gives everything for the team, and if he does that here he will have no problem earning the support of the fans.

Assuming Harvey signs as well then it is a position that is looking good early on.

COYD.