Player news

Moderator: Gary C

The Duke

Re: Player news

Post by The Duke »

It is actually ONLY 1 league below us eg Isthmian Premier and he has done well and that league isnt for mugs !!!!!!!!!!!!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

My mistake, I was thinking both Cray & Margate were still in Ist South 🤦‍♂️. So even more reason to give Cameron a chance.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

I am also surprised Cameron hasn't been given much of a chance in a Darts first team shirt.
Still, there are worse places to go than Margate. As with Cray before that he's doing extremely well there.
I remember watching Freddie Lapado play at Hartsdown Road before earning his dream move from the Gate to the Premiere League signing for Crystal Palace.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Yes, it would be good to see Cameron bought into the squad. At least he is playing under the watchful eye of Ben Greenhalgh, himself still scoring a few for Margate, and I guess, is still involved with the Darts as a member of the Academy coaching staff?

COYD
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Have Jack Smith [ so far] and did Adam Lovett [ now back at Sutton ] impress in our midfield so perhaps Brodie could impress like Herschell has now done with the Dowse [ see todays Kent on line ] and pop in for a cup of tea with Dowse and tell him how good you are !!!!!!!!!!

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ow-274764/
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Margate Football Club can confirm the signing of goalkeeper Dan Jinadu on dual registration from National League South side Dartford.

The 20-year-old shot stopper spent the 2021/22 season with Barnsley where he impressed largely for the U23 side after joining from West Ham.

After departing Oakwell, Jinadu linked up with Dartford where he has played back-up to the Darts current number one Joe Young.

On the signing, Manager Andy Drury said, “I am pleased to have signed Dan on a dual registration with Dartford in time for our trip in the FA Trophy to Billericay.

“Dan is an exciting young keeper that can have a big future in the game and we hope to be able to play a part in developing that further”.

Dan will be available for selection at Billericay Town on Saturday.

Everyone at Hartsdown Park would like to welcome him to the club

https://www.margate-fc.co.uk/news/07-oc ... per-Jinadu
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

rick wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:43 pm Margate Football Club can confirm the signing of goalkeeper Dan Jinadu on dual registration from National League South side Dartford.

The 20-year-old shot stopper spent the 2021/22 season with Barnsley where he impressed largely for the U23 side after joining from West Ham.

After departing Oakwell, Jinadu linked up with Dartford where he has played back-up to the Darts current number one Joe Young.

On the signing, Manager Andy Drury said, “I am pleased to have signed Dan on a dual registration with Dartford in time for our trip in the FA Trophy to Billericay.

“Dan is an exciting young keeper that can have a big future in the game and we hope to be able to play a part in developing that further”.

Dan will be available for selection at Billericay Town on Saturday.

Everyone at Hartsdown Park would like to welcome him to the club

https://www.margate-fc.co.uk/news/07-oc ... per-Jinadu

Makes sense to me, we can still use him if we need him as he's clearly number 2 to Joe at the moment. May also be an indication that Dan Wilks may be close to returning? Although Joe has been getting better each game so I'm sure Dowse will have a headache when he is back!!
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

The Duke wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:45 pm Have Jack Smith [ so far] and did Adam Lovett [ now back at Sutton ] impress in our midfield so perhaps Brodie could impress like Herschell has now done with the Dowse [ see todays Kent on line ] and pop in for a cup of tea with Dowse and tell him how good you are !!!!!!!!!!

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ow-274764/
Thought over the last two games that Smith has started to show some form.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Our current academy captain, George Whitefield, has signed a first team contract.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Not the immediate impact[ stellar] signing I was hoping for but he is captain and Dowse rates him so he is obviously a very good prospect and I hope he develops with us

Anyone know his usual position ????????????????
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

The Duke wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:01 pm Not the immediate impact[ stellar] signing I was hoping for but he is captain and Dowse rates him so he is obviously a very good prospect and I hope he develops with us

Anyone know his usual position ????????????????
Centre back.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Only just 18 but very highly rated by Oxford United , lets jus hope he can make the step up to the physical world of National League South , could be a exciting signing , really hope he does really well at the Darts
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

The Duke wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:23 pm Only just 18 but very highly rated by Oxford United , lets jus hope he can make the step up to the physical world of National League South , could be a exciting signing , really hope he does really well at the Darts
I have no problems with this, Dowse has already reduced the average age of the squad down by around 5 years on last season's team. All of these young players would not have had a look in if he didn't come in and has probably saved the club a packet as well. Welcome aboard JJ.
The Futures White

Cameron Brodie's loan spell at Margate has been extended for a third month.
The Futures White

Ali Mansaray has gone out on loan at Sheppey United.
Colspaz

Post by Colspaz »

Temi Eweka who come through our academy, was in the national north team of the week playing on loan for Gloucester city
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I see Dan Roberts gone out on loan to Hungerford
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Bloody hell thats a crap journey to have to do . I am hoping to see a new Centre back coming in , we already have Tom out for a match and if him or Essam pick up a injury we do not have any cover
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

KSTDART wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:34 pm Bloody hell thats a crap journey to have to do . I am hoping to see a new Centre back coming in , we already have Tom out for a match and if him or Essam pick up a injury we do not have any cover
Dan lives in Sluff, so about the same to Hungerford as to Dartford.