Player news

Moderator: Gary C

Tony H

Re: Player news

Post by Tony H »

Dan Roberts out on loan to Slough Town for an initial one month.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Tony H wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:21 pm Dan Roberts out on loan to Slough Town for an initial one month.
I understand this is in away but hope we have a few players coming in before Saturday
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

I like Dan, always gives 100% but lacking in confidence seems to affect him a lot.

We need players coming in, not outgoings however especially on the wing.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

If he does ok at Slough I wouldn't be too surprised if he stayed there permanently.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I like Danny Roberts [ co sponsorshiped him with Gilesey ] but Kingy didnt rate him and now Dowse [ after initally be very upbeat ] has sent him out on load ., in one of Danny s interviews he said that the two Managers at Slough were great man managers and got the best out of him so I reckon [if he impresses] there is a good chance he will stay at Slough !!!

However good luck to him either way as he is a really decent guy !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I like Dan too, he always gives 100% and is one of only three players who can get up and down the pitch. Good luck DR.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

We need incomings ASAP.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

As I say that..
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Lovatt looked OK, but the 0 goals in over 100 games tale of the tape doesn’t lie. Frimpong probably the shortest cameo ever in a DFC shirt (Citation?)
Lou Callen injured again…
Let’s hope Smith bursts onto the scene and can offer more than his namesake Lewis did!

Erratic times.
Gatekeeper

Post by Gatekeeper »

DA Mikey wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:33 pm Lovatt looked OK, but the 0 goals in over 100 games tale of the tape doesn’t lie. Frimpong probably the shortest cameo ever in a DFC shirt (Citation?)
Lou Callen injured again…
Let’s hope Smith bursts onto the scene and can offer more than his namesake Lewis did!

Erratic times.
Lovatt is a holding midfielder so you wouldn’t expect goals from that position.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Cameron Brodie's loan spell at Margate has been extended by another month.
Nin

Post by Nin »

Cameron Brodie's loan extended another month:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/spo ... ie-274136/
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Would like to see Brodie given a chance in the first team this season
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Bit strange as Dowse happy to give Oduado and Herschall a chance but Brodie , tough tackling midfielder [ something we have been missing ] is loaned out for 2nd month !!!!
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

The Duke wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:44 am Bit strange as Dowse happy to give Oduado and Herschall a chance but Brodie , tough tackling midfielder [ something we have been missing ] is loaned out for 2nd month !!!!
Yes agree its strange as the team are screaming out for a player like Brodie, plus he seems to have scored 3 goals for Margate as well, but Kingy & Dowse have done the same thing with Brodie & Dan Roberts can they both be wrong ? and how long can we keep hold of them if we are not willing to give them a chance?
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Good to see Cameron Brodie scoring regular again, I make that 3 games in row now for Margate. Surely he deserves a recall now that he is fit and firing again.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I agree Cameron Brodie deserves a chance as he is a hard tackling ,ball winning player , something we sorely miss in our midfield and did well at Cray last season [ player of he season I think ??] and now Margate ,Dowse gave Oduado a chance and " gushes in praise " for him and in my view he is no better than [ an experienced ] Brodie ::
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Surely if Cameron is playing that well, you'd think that Dowse would give him his break in the first team. It's okay getting Adam and then Jack in on loan but when we have a lad who Dowse thought was good enough to be one of his first signings of the season going out on loan, you have to wonder what the lad has to do to get his break?
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I also think Cameron can do a job for us at right full back, if he can’t get in the midfield!!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Cameron has been playing 2 leagues below for the last couple of seasons and has shone at that level.
Whether he can do it at this level is a different matter but at least give the lad a try to show what he can do.
When you’ve got a youngster on contract like Cameron then at least give him a go, if it works then great and he can try to stamp his place in the team and if it doesn’t work and he’s not good enough then let him go so he can find a team where he will get played at his level.

TB used to play Cameron a few seasons ago when he was a few years younger and now Cam has more experience. Let’s not see a young lads talent wasted.