Player news

Moderator: Gary C

The Futures White

Re: Player news

Post by The Futures White »

Cameron Brodie's loan spell at Margate has been extended by another month.
Nin

Post by Nin »

Cameron Brodie's loan extended another month:

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/spo ... ie-274136/
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Would like to see Brodie given a chance in the first team this season
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Bit strange as Dowse happy to give Oduado and Herschall a chance but Brodie , tough tackling midfielder [ something we have been missing ] is loaned out for 2nd month !!!!
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

The Duke wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:44 am Bit strange as Dowse happy to give Oduado and Herschall a chance but Brodie , tough tackling midfielder [ something we have been missing ] is loaned out for 2nd month !!!!
Yes agree its strange as the team are screaming out for a player like Brodie, plus he seems to have scored 3 goals for Margate as well, but Kingy & Dowse have done the same thing with Brodie & Dan Roberts can they both be wrong ? and how long can we keep hold of them if we are not willing to give them a chance?
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Good to see Cameron Brodie scoring regular again, I make that 3 games in row now for Margate. Surely he deserves a recall now that he is fit and firing again.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I agree Cameron Brodie deserves a chance as he is a hard tackling ,ball winning player , something we sorely miss in our midfield and did well at Cray last season [ player of he season I think ??] and now Margate ,Dowse gave Oduado a chance and " gushes in praise " for him and in my view he is no better than [ an experienced ] Brodie ::
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Surely if Cameron is playing that well, you'd think that Dowse would give him his break in the first team. It's okay getting Adam and then Jack in on loan but when we have a lad who Dowse thought was good enough to be one of his first signings of the season going out on loan, you have to wonder what the lad has to do to get his break?
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I also think Cameron can do a job for us at right full back, if he can’t get in the midfield!!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Cameron has been playing 2 leagues below for the last couple of seasons and has shone at that level.
Whether he can do it at this level is a different matter but at least give the lad a try to show what he can do.
When you’ve got a youngster on contract like Cameron then at least give him a go, if it works then great and he can try to stamp his place in the team and if it doesn’t work and he’s not good enough then let him go so he can find a team where he will get played at his level.

TB used to play Cameron a few seasons ago when he was a few years younger and now Cam has more experience. Let’s not see a young lads talent wasted.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

It is actually ONLY 1 league below us eg Isthmian Premier and he has done well and that league isnt for mugs !!!!!!!!!!!!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

My mistake, I was thinking both Cray & Margate were still in Ist South 🤦‍♂️. So even more reason to give Cameron a chance.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

I am also surprised Cameron hasn't been given much of a chance in a Darts first team shirt.
Still, there are worse places to go than Margate. As with Cray before that he's doing extremely well there.
I remember watching Freddie Lapado play at Hartsdown Road before earning his dream move from the Gate to the Premiere League signing for Crystal Palace.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Yes, it would be good to see Cameron bought into the squad. At least he is playing under the watchful eye of Ben Greenhalgh, himself still scoring a few for Margate, and I guess, is still involved with the Darts as a member of the Academy coaching staff?

COYD
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Have Jack Smith [ so far] and did Adam Lovett [ now back at Sutton ] impress in our midfield so perhaps Brodie could impress like Herschell has now done with the Dowse [ see todays Kent on line ] and pop in for a cup of tea with Dowse and tell him how good you are !!!!!!!!!!

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ow-274764/
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Margate Football Club can confirm the signing of goalkeeper Dan Jinadu on dual registration from National League South side Dartford.

The 20-year-old shot stopper spent the 2021/22 season with Barnsley where he impressed largely for the U23 side after joining from West Ham.

After departing Oakwell, Jinadu linked up with Dartford where he has played back-up to the Darts current number one Joe Young.

On the signing, Manager Andy Drury said, “I am pleased to have signed Dan on a dual registration with Dartford in time for our trip in the FA Trophy to Billericay.

“Dan is an exciting young keeper that can have a big future in the game and we hope to be able to play a part in developing that further”.

Dan will be available for selection at Billericay Town on Saturday.

Everyone at Hartsdown Park would like to welcome him to the club

https://www.margate-fc.co.uk/news/07-oc ... per-Jinadu
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

rick wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:43 pm Margate Football Club can confirm the signing of goalkeeper Dan Jinadu on dual registration from National League South side Dartford.

The 20-year-old shot stopper spent the 2021/22 season with Barnsley where he impressed largely for the U23 side after joining from West Ham.

After departing Oakwell, Jinadu linked up with Dartford where he has played back-up to the Darts current number one Joe Young.

On the signing, Manager Andy Drury said, “I am pleased to have signed Dan on a dual registration with Dartford in time for our trip in the FA Trophy to Billericay.

“Dan is an exciting young keeper that can have a big future in the game and we hope to be able to play a part in developing that further”.

Dan will be available for selection at Billericay Town on Saturday.

Everyone at Hartsdown Park would like to welcome him to the club

https://www.margate-fc.co.uk/news/07-oc ... per-Jinadu

Makes sense to me, we can still use him if we need him as he's clearly number 2 to Joe at the moment. May also be an indication that Dan Wilks may be close to returning? Although Joe has been getting better each game so I'm sure Dowse will have a headache when he is back!!
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

The Duke wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:45 pm Have Jack Smith [ so far] and did Adam Lovett [ now back at Sutton ] impress in our midfield so perhaps Brodie could impress like Herschell has now done with the Dowse [ see todays Kent on line ] and pop in for a cup of tea with Dowse and tell him how good you are !!!!!!!!!!

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... ow-274764/
Thought over the last two games that Smith has started to show some form.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Our current academy captain, George Whitefield, has signed a first team contract.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Not the immediate impact[ stellar] signing I was hoping for but he is captain and Dowse rates him so he is obviously a very good prospect and I hope he develops with us

Anyone know his usual position ????????????????