Player news

Moderator: Gary C

Re: Player news

Post by 180 »

Regarding the comments regarding Dan Roberts not starting last night for Carshalton...

He picked up a slight injury on Saturday and failed a fitness test just before last nights kick off.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

180 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:32 pm Regarding the comments regarding Dan Roberts not starting last night for Carshalton...

He picked up a slight injury on Saturday and failed a fitness test just before last nights kick off.
Bloody great!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Sam Odaudu has joined Margate on a months loan.
The Futures White

According to Steve King in todays interview......

Luke Wanadio will join Folkestone on a permanent deal after his loan finishes tomorrow.

Josh Clarke has left as he is struggling to get himself 100% fit due to back and hamstring issues.

D'Sean Theobalds has left as he wants more game time and has joined Welling.

Michael Kedman has also left as he wants more game time.

Marcus Dinanga has an injury but hopes to be back for the Dorking match.

Jernade Meade hopes to back training in the next 2/3 weeks.
MickW

Post by MickW »

We certainly know how to turn over players! Anyone know how many players we have used this season?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I was a bit concerned that the player exodus would leave us short but dont worry we have 18 available for Dorking with Jermade on the mend and
danny out on loan , so no need to panic !!!!!!!!!!
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

MickW wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:16 pm We certainly know how to turn over players! Anyone know how many players we have used this season?
Looking at the table of players on https://thedarts.eu (near the bottom right) 37 players have been used.

Played in the league, unless otherwise stated.

Alfa
Allen
Azeez
Bonner
Clarke
Dalling
Dinanga
Essam
Graham
Herschell - London Senior Cup 1st round
Hill
Husin
Hyde
Jebb
Kalala
Kedman
King (GK)
Krabbendam
Leonard
Manjaray - London Senior Cup 1st round
McKenzie - London Senior Cup 1st round
Meade
Murtagh
Odaudu - London Senior Cup 1st round
Porter
D Roberts
K Roberts
Robinson
Sonupe
Theobalds
Tiensia
Vint
Wanadio
Wilks (GK)
Wollard-Innocent
Wray (GK) - London Senior Cup 2nd round
Wynter
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Sorry folks but 37 players used is ridiculous.
I have no experience of football .management but as a fan for 64 years I only ever remember us using so many players during Tommy Sampsons tenure and that squad won nothing
I actually rate Kingy but the phrase
"Kid in a sweet shop " comes to mind.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Don't forget that figure includes Kent & London Senior Cup games where we have used a few trialists/academy players.

The core of the team has been pretty much the same all season but we have had our fair share of injuries (especially centre/full backs) where we have had to bring players in.

Steve is also always trying to improve the squad and will try new players if he thinks that will help which i think is a good thing.
After all since he's been with us our league positions has always been very good.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Point taken Parky,but as someone who only does home games or Tonbrige Ebbsfleet etc,I do have a job keeping up with the new faces and to be honest I am not the only one .
But as I have already said,I rate Kingy and as you occasionally state ....I will keep the faith.
COYDss!
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I don’t see anything wrong with using so many players, Kingy always looking to improve the squad and he mentioned about new players coming in especially as he can’t ignore the missed chances we had against Hungerford,

Has Kai innocent loan finished?
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

I remember being scoffed at by a few on here about the integrity of last season’s squad vs. this season’s. I had intimated that it would not be a surprise if not many of last season’s squad carried forward to this.
We aren’t quite the Boreham Wood of 12 odd years ago who legendarily used 51 players by the end of January, but I do feel like not a million miles away. Still, we sit third or fourth which ain’t bad, so no big complaints here.
Craybank

Post by Craybank »

Anyone who has played football at any level will understand about the extra impetus and team spirit which slowly grows within a reasonably sized, well managed squad of players. All clubs get their fair share of injuries. A good Manager adapts and refines the squad he's already got and adds to it only here and there and where absolutely necessary, thereby preserving his team spirit and his Budget for maybe substantial upgrades the following season.

So, blessed with that generous Budget, a good manager will start the season with a good set of players, no mercenaries. They are a good squad because, presumably, he is a good Manager. They will improve as a team as the season progresses. They will be " our boys" who we can get behind, to be cheered on week in, week out, good, bad or indifferent.

This is what well managed clubs do and exactly why WE are now finding it a lot harder after an explosive start.

A bad "so called" Manager just picks the phone up every week and says " Who have you got? Where's he been before? How long can I have him?"
As he ever even seen them play?
Spike

Post by Spike »

Personally I just go by the premise that good managers win more football matches than bad ones. How they achieve that varies for each individual, but ultimately is up to them. I don't think we've been out of the top 5 since Kingy got up and running, so it seems a little premature to be telling him where he's going wrong.
The Futures White

Dan Roberts scored in the 95th minute to give Carshalton a 1-1 draw at Hornchurch.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Thats good news get a few more Dan and come back [quick] for the final run in !!!
The Futures White

Just seen on Sky Sports News that the club has signed left back Jayden Sweeney on a month's loan from Leyton Orient.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

I'm confused. The first reports I read of Junior Tiensia's removal from play in the Brentford B match was that he was injured. Subsequent reports said he was sent off. Now the club's statement on the loan signing of Jayden Sweeney says he's been signed to cover for the nature of Junior's injury. So which was it - injury or sending off? Or both (i.e. sent off for committing an offence in which was injured)?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Silverado wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:16 pm I'm confused. The first reports I read of Junior Tiensia's removal from play in the Brentford B match was that he was injured. Subsequent reports said he was sent off. Now the club's statement on the loan signing of Jayden Sweeney says he's been signed to cover for the nature of Junior's injury. So which was it - injury or sending off? Or both (i.e. sent off for committing an offence in which was injured)?
He got sent off at Hungerford but then got injured in the game against Brentford B.
In Steve's post match interview today he said unfortunately he will be out for the remainder of the season.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Park Life wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:20 pm
Silverado wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:16 pm I'm confused. The first reports I read of Junior Tiensia's removal from play in the Brentford B match was that he was injured. Subsequent reports said he was sent off. Now the club's statement on the loan signing of Jayden Sweeney says he's been signed to cover for the nature of Junior's injury. So which was it - injury or sending off? Or both (i.e. sent off for committing an offence in which was injured)?
He got sent off at Hungerford but then got injured in the game against Brentford B.
In Steve's post match interview today he said unfortunately he will be out for the remainder of the season.
Thanks for explaining that. Presumably his suspension hadn't kicked in before the Brentford match (assuming a London Senior Cup match would have counted towards it). If he's going to be out for the rest of the season, I presume his suspension won't start until the beginning of next season (wherever he may be by then). And is it a 1-match or 3-match suspension? Get well soon, Junior!