Player news

Moderator: Gary C

rick
Site Admin

Re: Player news

Post by rick »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:19 pm Who is Frimpong? I don’t recognise that name or is he one of the new signings I’ve missed.
As per posts above "We are delighted to announce the loan signing of midfielder Kwaku Frimpong!
Kwaku arrives from League 2 side AFC Wimbledon where he made his senior debut in the EFL Trophy just 12 days ago.
The tough tackling midfielder enjoyed loan spells at Leatherhead and Carshalton Athletic last season and joins the Darts on an initial one month loan."
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Yeah sorry Rick I wasn’t with it, I realise now he’s the new loanee.
Teach me to do things in a rush 🤣.

Cheers
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

The Duke wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:43 pm Pleased to see " a tough tackling midfielder " join our ranks and who has had experience of real football at 2 other decent non league clubs , dont really like 1 month loans so hope he does great and stays for much longer !!!

Welcome Kwaku to the Darts , we need some bite in our midfield !!!!!!!!!!!1
Well said Juke.
Been missing this sort of player for a while.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

NOT our player but Malachi Napa a pacy winger who Dowse was very keen to bring in but signed for Wealdstone isnt getting any game time with Wealdstone and would benefit from 3 months at the Darts , so far this season he has had 1 start [ subbed at 60mins] and 6 times on bench , brought on 5 times , 1 being the 63rd minute and the rest after 84 mins , suggests the Manager doesnt currently rate him , hope Dowse has still got him on his radar ????????
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Kwaku Frimpong is currently playing as a right wing back for AFC Wimbledon tonight in their EFL Trophy match against Crawley Town and has scored their third goal. Perhaps his suspension from the red card he got on Saturday doesn't apply to the EFL or maybe we appealed and won the case? :?
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

The Futures White wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:23 pm Kwaku Frimpong is currently playing as a right wing back for AFC Wimbledon tonight in their EFL Trophy match against Crawley Town and has scored their third goal. Perhaps his suspension from the red card he got on Saturday doesn't apply to the EFL or maybe we appealed and won the case? :?
Also managed to score at both ends.
The Futures White

The Futures White wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:23 pm Kwaku Frimpong is currently playing as a right wing back for AFC Wimbledon tonight in their EFL Trophy match against Crawley Town and has scored their third goal. Perhaps his suspension from the red card he got on Saturday doesn't apply to the EFL or maybe we appealed and won the case? :?
I've since found out that his 3 match ban doesn't start until September 24th.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I would have hoped that we would have appealed his red card also IF he can play right wing back the surely Dowse should be playing him and Campbell [ as left wing back] to give us the width that we currently lack ?????
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Does this mean we have ended Frimpong's loan with us early due to his suspension?
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

SKennedyDFC wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:30 am Does this mean we have ended Frimpong's loan with us early due to his suspension?
Wouldn't be surprising if we had: he was only on a 1-month loan and 3 matches out would have used up pretty much all of the rest of his loan period.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Dan Roberts out on loan to Slough Town for an initial one month.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Tony H wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:21 pm Dan Roberts out on loan to Slough Town for an initial one month.
I understand this is in away but hope we have a few players coming in before Saturday
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

I like Dan, always gives 100% but lacking in confidence seems to affect him a lot.

We need players coming in, not outgoings however especially on the wing.
The Futures White

If he does ok at Slough I wouldn't be too surprised if he stayed there permanently.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I like Danny Roberts [ co sponsorshiped him with Gilesey ] but Kingy didnt rate him and now Dowse [ after initally be very upbeat ] has sent him out on load ., in one of Danny s interviews he said that the two Managers at Slough were great man managers and got the best out of him so I reckon [if he impresses] there is a good chance he will stay at Slough !!!

However good luck to him either way as he is a really decent guy !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I like Dan too, he always gives 100% and is one of only three players who can get up and down the pitch. Good luck DR.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

We need incomings ASAP.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

As I say that..
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Lovatt looked OK, but the 0 goals in over 100 games tale of the tape doesn’t lie. Frimpong probably the shortest cameo ever in a DFC shirt (Citation?)
Lou Callen injured again…
Let’s hope Smith bursts onto the scene and can offer more than his namesake Lewis did!

Erratic times.
Gatekeeper

Post by Gatekeeper »

DA Mikey wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:33 pm Lovatt looked OK, but the 0 goals in over 100 games tale of the tape doesn’t lie. Frimpong probably the shortest cameo ever in a DFC shirt (Citation?)
Lou Callen injured again…
Let’s hope Smith bursts onto the scene and can offer more than his namesake Lewis did!

Erratic times.
Lovatt is a holding midfielder so you wouldn’t expect goals from that position.