Player news

Moderator: Gary C

The 5th Searcher

Re: Player news

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Thanks Steve, I had forgotten about Harvey Bradbury so we must be at full capacity on loanee’s now then.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Very happy with the depth of the squad now going into the season run in. Whether the signings turn out to be strong, quality ones only time will tell but as I've done all season I have faith in Dowse and the management team to get the best out of them.

I hope the loanees who are on shorter term deals we are able to extend until the end of the season, including play offs, as the worst case scenario would be for us to use the loanees to get us in a strong playoff position and then lose them for those crucial games.

Looking forward to the weekend to hopefully see some of the new lads in action!
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Park Life wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:40 pm Richard Chin joins on loan from Charlton.
Come on without, come on within theres nothing better than the mighty Chin 😁😂🤣
Ring of fire

Post by Ring of fire »

Unsure if Isaac's gone back to AFC Wombles?
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Park Life wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:45 pm
The 5th Searcher wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:21 pm Just checking, what’s the limit on the amount of loan players you can have at any one time?

I can’t remember what it was but just wondering as we currently have 4 now that I can think of UNLESS any have gone back and I’ve either not seen it or missed it.
Not sure if i've got this right mate but i seem to recall hearing you are allowed five loan players named in a matchday squad, so:-

Isaac Ogundere - Loan
Richard Chin - Loan
Jack Smith - Loan
Malachi Napa - Loan
Harvey Bradbury - Loan

Emmanuel Adebowale i believe was a free agent.

Bobby Dunn - According to Sheffield Wednesday has left them for a permanent deal with us.

Can anyone confirm if that is correct??
I think Issac Ogundere loan has ended could be wrong
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Issac got recalled by AFC Wimbledon the other day and was on the bench for them at the weekend.

Think we've got four in loan now:

Richard Chin (Charlton Athletic)
Jack Smith (Stevenage)
Malachi Napa (Wealdstone)
Harvey Bradbury (Dorchester Town)

Also, you're correct the other two signed today were permanent deals.
Park Life wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:45 pm
The 5th Searcher wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:21 pm Just checking, what’s the limit on the amount of loan players you can have at any one time?

I can’t remember what it was but just wondering as we currently have 4 now that I can think of UNLESS any have gone back and I’ve either not seen it or missed it.
Not sure if i've got this right mate but i seem to recall hearing you are allowed five loan players named in a matchday squad, so:-

Isaac Ogundere - Loan
Richard Chin - Loan
Jack Smith - Loan
Malachi Napa - Loan
Harvey Bradbury - Loan

Emmanuel Adebowale i believe was a free agent.

Bobby Dunn - According to Sheffield Wednesday has left them for a permanent deal with us.

Can anyone confirm if that is correct??
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I am especially pleased to see the signing of the new centre back Emmanual ? as at 6'5" and aged 25 he brings height and experience to our back 4 , IF Tom Bonner does a similar job with him that the Mark Arbour [ex Tottenham centre back] did with him a few years ago then he will be a real asset

Dowse certainly done the business today and it looks a strong squad [ plus Charlie back- maybe] for the final 9 games !!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

No Issac, :o Reading Kent-online I'm not too sure on the quality of signings but Dowse promised signings and that's what we got. Will reserve judgement for after the Chelmsford game.
COYD's.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

A shame Isaac has been recalled, but that justifies these defensive signings even more.

Emmanuel has had positive comments from Havant fans saying he's a good player, which is where he spent part of last season.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

The Duke wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:17 pm I am especially pleased to see the signing of the new centre back Emmanual ? as at 6'5" and aged 25 he brings height and experience to our back 4 , IF Tom Bonner does a similar job with him that the Mark Arbour [ex Tottenham centre back] did with him a few years ago then he will be a real asset

Dowse certainly done the business today and it looks a strong squad [ plus Charlie back- maybe] for the final 9 games !!
Dave. I always thought that Tony Burman's signing of Mark Arbour was the masterstroke that brought so much experience and confidence into the squad when he signed and fully agree with you that he immense in bringing on a young Tom Bonner.
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Would not be surprised to see a few going out on loan to balance the incoming.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Fred OLness wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:10 pm Would not be surprised to see a few going out on loan to balance the incoming.
I doubt it with 8 games in 29 days.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Deadline has passed I believe.

And as BRASS has stated, depth is important at this stage.
Bkev180

Samir curruthers Alex wall

Post by Bkev180 »

Any updates on samirs injury and Alex wall
KSTDART

Re: Samir curruthers Alex wall

Post by KSTDART »

Alex only has a tight calf and will be back soon but Samir looks like he might be out for the season according to AD
rambo

Post by rambo »

If we are looking for an additional centre half I suggest Baris Altintop at Braintree at the moment
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Looks a good guy , hope he will come for £200 a week !!!!

Must be good tip Rambo as the last one you gave was Erhun Oztumer who the DFC Management didnt fancy and look athis [ successful] career !!!!!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

With a name like that shouldn’t he be playing Polo??
rambo

Post by rambo »

Talking to a couple of Dagenham fc fans this morning snd they are very disappointed that the club have released a promising young forward Jay Bird
He’s fought back from serious injury and got in the side at the end of thd season but the club still released him
These two feel he has a lot to offer
Hopefully Dowse knows someone that has seen him play in the past
KentC

Post by KentC »

Hope Harvey stays, very good player.
IMO we need a natural finisher, a goal scorer to complement him.
If we had that against STA we’d of won.
Easier said than done but I’m sure Dowse will use his contracts.
Unless he doesnt agree with my thoughts of course.