Re: Player news

Post by rick »

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

So Dowse has finally signed Manny Adebowale then, I was starting to think he had left the club as there had been absolutely no mention of him at all.

It’ll be good to see how he gets on at centre back.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

A good response from Dowse, Looking forward to seeing these lads and it eases the worries caused by the loss of Essam and Bonner. Hopefully these lads will go some way to filling the hole and we will go on to have a great season.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Great stuff, new blood and Dowse's signings are giving me a bit more confidence about the season ahead. Even with these full time teams dropping down to join us, who cares what money they've got. Dowse is getting players in who hopefully want to play for Dartford and not what's going in their pockets. I am quietly hopeful of a good season ahead without breaking the Bank and a play-off place at the end of it.
COYD's
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

Greetings from a very sunny Malta. To me this feels like a completely fresh start and I like that. As much as I didn’t want to lose Tom Bonner ,it feels like finally the end of a great era and we move on . Sometimes,like a first date the excitement is not knowing the future. Come on you future legends.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Thats 4 very good signings to go with the other [ new] signings Dowse has made earlier , adding them ALL together I reckon we have a better squad than last season with the emphasis being on us becoming a very solid outfit whilst retaining the flair from last season eg Coulson and Allen as examples

I went to PP today to watch the open training day and I was impressed with not only with the speed and skill of the players but they were treating it "as real "with no-one messing/ larking about and some of the challenges were a bit tasty . There are at least 5 guys that you wouldnt want to mix it with and I feel sure that we will not get rolled over at places lie Concord[ last season] or any of the so called lesser stadiums

Along with several other Darts fans [ surprised at how few there was of us !!} got to chat with the players and certainly got the vibes that they want to win almost at all costs !!!!

Looking forward to the Charlton match on Saturday
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Forgot to mention that I'm pleased Dowse has signed Charlie Sheringham again as he is a great guy to have both in the team[ probably impact sub] and around the dressing room as he is a real professional and loads of experience and obviously really enjoys being at the Darts

I believe that Lewis Manor and Harvey Bradbury will particularly benefit for having Charlie around !!!
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

I heard that Charlie was there today, has he signed as well,

Looking a promising squad now can’t wait for the season to begin
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

That’s fantastic news that Charlie is back again, a superb player that can get goals, win balls in the air and hold the ball up.
He’s good she’s loads of experience which he can pass on to the younger players as well.

Just waiting on news of who the captain will be now.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:29 pm That’s fantastic news that Charlie is back again, a superb player that can get goals, win balls in the air and hold the ball up.
He’s good she’s loads of experience which he can pass on to the younger players as well.

Just waiting on news of who the captain will be now.
Rooney maybe.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Rooney , Miller Rodney or Tommy Block , spoilt for choice , ALL winners !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Story goes that Charlie will be Club Captain , only one choice for that !!
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Has Charlie signed not seen any confirmation from the club unless I missed it
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Maybe a choice in captain between the two Luke's for me. Luke Allen would be good if he can give an injury free season.
rambo

Post by rambo »

If Charlie has signed that is the best news of the summer for the Darts
He will get an adequate number of goals against appearances and will be a huge presence at the club
Every player around him , particularly the forwards will be better players for having him around and on the field
Can’t wait for the season to start
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

If confirmed that Charlie has signed then it's the news that I have been waiting for and he will bring his experience and skills with him to help the new players get established and learn from him.
Goals were score last season by him when the chances came to play but it was the way he encouraged players around him and urged them on and showed them a team spirit that made him one of my choices for the coming season
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Just seen on FB that Charlie has signed!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Park Life wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:27 pm
Apparently his brother Warren is great in the hole :roll:

Brilliant news about Sheringham.