Baris Altintop (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 36

rick
Site Admin

Dartford v Farnborough Sat 19 Aug 2023

Post by rick »

Dartford v Farnborough Sat 19 Aug 2023

Ground - The Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park, Grassbanks, (off Darenth Road), Dartford DA1 1RT

Dartford FC official sites:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dartfordfc
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DartfordFootballClub/
Radio: https://mixlr.com/dartsfc (if on air)

Tickets: https://dartfordfc.ktckts.com/event/dar ... arnborough

Unofficial sites:
https://puredfc.co.uk
https://thedarts.eu

Season Preview: https://puredfc.co.uk/season-preview-2023-2024-9

Farnborough
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FarnboroughFC2007/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/FarnboroughFC
Forum: https://farnboroughfcfans.freeforums.ne ... discussion

Referee: Eugene Robinson
Assistant Referee: Elliott Mayer
Assistant Referee: Bogdan Khimych
Colspaz

Re: Dartford v Farnborough Sat 19 Aug 2023

Post by Colspaz »

Very quite on here at the moment let’s hope we get our first win of the season tomorrow, it won’t be a easy game, hopefully Rooney will be in the squad for the first time this season.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Yes very quiet but I'll l be there, along with all the other so called idiots.... :roll: :roll:
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Park Life wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:48 pm Yes very quiet but I'll l be there, along with all the other so called idiots.... :roll: :roll:
Dowson "“I don’t read them [fans’ forums] - I do get told about them - but I just think some of them are idiots."

I'm the prize idiot for running the forum. :oops: :roll:
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

To be fair he did say some of them, and we have had our fair share of idiots!!

On to the game, I thought when Farnborough visited last season they were very strong especially going forward and if they were clinical would've won the game...Sounds a bit too familiar. However they now have Pavey up top and we all know how good of a player he is so if there are any similarities to last seasons game we could be in for a long afternoon.

Hopefully we can get our first win tomorrow and start building some momentum.

COYD.
KentC

Post by KentC »

rick wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 2:21 pm
Park Life wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:48 pm Yes very quiet but I'll l be there, along with all the other so called idiots.... :roll: :roll:
Dowson "“I don’t read them [fans’ forums] - I do get told about them - but I just think some of them are idiots."

I'm the prize idiot for running the forum. :oops: :roll:

If he gets told about them then surely the players read them, although that’d be no surprise
Spike

Post by Spike »

There's been a few idiots on Twitter but a couple of those have their own axe to grind and the rest you can never really be sure which club they really support anyway. If Dowse's criticisms are aimed specifically at the "fans forum" then it means some of us are the "idiots". Personally, I think this forum is generally pretty fair especially when compared to many others. Apart from the 2 numpties that Rick removed, opinions are generally quite positive. If I'm honest, the person who I feel has been most negative of all and has constantly talked down our chances the most would be Dowse himself. Maybe his intention was to take the pressure off, but his interviews consistently bemoaning our budget and talking about how much harder it would be with 12-13 bigger clubs, have been thoroughly demoralising and whatever the intention, have been interpreted by many as preparing us for disappointment.

We've played 11 matches so far this season and have yet to win a single one of them. I appreciate that results in friendlies are not important, but it's still a sobering statistic. Yet despite these poor results, the main thrust of opinion on here is not to panic and we think there are positive signs and it will come good soon. Labelling people as idiots isn't going to get them onside.
Last edited by Spike on Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Dowse is a " big boy " and rather than listen to a couple of " Jonahs " feeding him negativity IF he were to read the Fans Forum he would see that the vast majority are fair people who do have opinions but are still 100% behind the him and the Darts !!!!
KentC

Post by KentC »

If he means this forum then that’s a bit soft and weak. Taking into account he comes across as a tough Geordie I refuse to believe it’s this forum.
Or am I being nieve.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

KentC wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:47 pm If he means this forum then that’s a bit soft and weak. Taking into account he comes across as a tough Geordie I refuse to believe it’s this forum.
Or am I being nieve.
I'm confident he's referring to twitter and maybe the whole online space as a whole, because that's where most of the negativity comes from. As I've pointed out before some of the comments I've seen on twitter 3 games into the season are outright ridiculous.

Most of the players are on twitter, so probably see the comments too.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Twitter is a cess pit where everone and everything is constantly submitted to criticism and abuse. You have no idea who the abusers really are or what their motives are. It wouldn't matter if Dowse won us the European Champions League, he'd still get stick on Twitter, probably significantly more than he does now. The best response to such garbage is to ignore it.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I'd like to think that Dowse was not aiming at our little snug as when we get a little grief Rick has acted on it. Thankfully.
I don't use Twitter so wouldn't know what is going on on there.
I usually hear it first from Steve and am usually browsing through the BBC scores looking at what is going on around us when I can't make a game.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

I’ve never so much as dipped my toe in the Twitter water. Had a Facebook for a couple of years when it first arrived, but hardly bothered with that either. This forum is my only social internet and if it were to get toxic, I’d be off here too. But it is a generally decent domain. Various online places are impossible to avoid for some people, much like forbidden fruit. The ‘JOMO’ feeling is quite exquisite, I can’t recommend it enough really.

Any road up, Farnborough. Will be a tough cookie and not really looking forward to seeing Mr. Pavey again. We could easily get the better of them with some of the football displayed over the last three games. Be nice to see Dowson set out a more attacking team. Was really good to finally see what Tommy Block is capable of on Tuesday, if he can get more crosses in like the one that found Bradbury, that should be a few goals. Allen needs to hit the target and Coulson is definitely going to notch a good few.
Tighten up at the back and we’ll start winning. COYD
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I've just read it and to be fair to Dowse he does say the majority of them are as good as gold.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

To state you don't read the forum posts but claim you've heard the posters are idiots makes me wonder who the advisors are.
Bar one or two this is one of the best non-league forums you will ever come across.
It encapsulates various points of view but the bottom line is every one is on the same page, one way or the other, and wants to see the club become successful.
Even Tony Burman once claimed he never read the forum because the contributors didn't know what they were talking about.
Lack of communication is partly responsible and will naturally lead to speculation.
At the end of the day, instead of listening to the yes men telling you what you want to hear, go online and read the comments for yourself.
Listening to the wrong people has been the death knell for many businesses over the years.
Our attendances have been on the decline while some of our local rivals have doubled.
Dismissing decent fans, who have spent a fortune supporting the club over the years, as idiots isn't going to help the cause whatsoever.
Who knows, there may already one or two who were planning to attend the match tomorrow but have now decided they will be idiots for parting with £16 each and will find something else to do instead.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Looking forward to my first trip up after two aborted attempts. I do sometimes think I'm an idiot because of road works, closures and sheer volume of traffic. It's even worse when we lose. But at least I get to play my music up LOUD on the way home. :D
Hoping for our first win today.
COYD's
KentC

Post by KentC »

DA Mikey wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:10 pm I’ve never so much as dipped my toe in the Twitter water. Had a Facebook for a couple of years when it first arrived, but hardly bothered with that either. This forum is my only social internet and if it were to get toxic, I’d be off here too. But it is a generally decent domain. Various online places are impossible to avoid for some people, much like forbidden fruit. The ‘JOMO’ feeling is quite exquisite, I can’t recommend it enough really.

Any road up, Farnborough. Will be a tough cookie and not really looking forward to seeing Mr. Pavey again. We could easily get the better of them with some of the football displayed over the last three games. Be nice to see Dowson set out a more attacking team. Was really good to finally see what Tommy Block is capable of on Tuesday, if he can get more crosses in like the one that found Bradbury, that should be a few goals. Allen needs to hit the target and Coulson is definitely going to notch a good few.
Tighten up at the back and we’ll start winning. COYD

Block’s impressed me the most in the first few games along with Barzey
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Sipping a Phoenix beer and watching the sun begin to dip towards the horizon, but my thoughts are with you all this afternoon. Hoping that we can chalk up our first victory so that we do not drop too far off the pace setters at this early stage of the season.

Come on you Darts!
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Wheres the loan keeper gone

Aside from his one mistake he was good.

Also surprised at Allen being benched, thought he's been one of our best players