Tom Bonner

Park Life

Tom Bonner

Post by Park Life »

Great interview from Tom:-

https://www.dartfordfc.com/dartford-fc- ... er-legend/

He has been a great Captain and player, one we will not be able to replace.

All the best for the future Tom, as much as i'm gutted you're retiring all the best for the future.
Number Six

Re: Tom Bonner

Post by Number Six »

Sadly will be missed, but many thanks for your efforts over the seasons and good luck and best wishes for the future
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Excellent article and some excellent times and memories therein. Would have liked to have seen Tom play alongside and guide George, just as Tom himself was guided alongside the experienced Mark Arber, after our promotion to the top tier. I still rank that as about TBs best ever signing and pairing.

Enjoy your footballing retirement Tom and thanks for all your efforts over the years.

COYD
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Nice full page article on Tom's retirement in today's Non League Paper on page 2.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Excellent article on an exemplary servant of the club.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

If anyone doubted how good Tom Bonner was a a player and also a a motivating skipper - you now know how great he was. Pity the current players don't have the same pride in the shirt.

Tom you were, and still are, a DFC legend
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Tom Bonner has come out of retirement and has joined Steve King at Havant and Waterlooville. He is in their team today against Hampton & Richmond. Very disappointing news IMO. :cry:

Last edited by The Futures White on Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

How on earth had this been allowed to happen? This is a massive kick in the teeth. Not by Tom, good luck to him. But it’s a statement to DFC. He’ll do damage to us when he ‘returns.’ What the f*ck is going on at our club? Told f*ck all as usual!
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

I have no words!
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

Good luck to Tom, but I have to admit it shows a total lack in the persuasive abilities of our current Manager :o
Surely if it was likely he’d come out of retirement then he should have been approached by DFC, unless he doesn’t want to play for Dowson?
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:34 pm How on earth had this been allowed to happen? This is a massive kick in the teeth. Not by Tom, good luck to him. But it’s a statement to DFC. He’ll do damage to us when he ‘returns.’ What the f*ck is going on at our club? Told f*ck all as usual!
Is this more a reflection on the management style rather than the club? Tom knows the styles of both managers extremely well, perhaps he didn't want another season of hoofball with players who lack passion for the shirt......

Good luck Tom, a fantastic player and a real gentleman
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

I thought Tom had signed for us a few weeks ago (though no announcement by the club, as usual). Is this, then, a transfer? Can anyone confirm please?

Gutted if Tom had returned to us but good luck to Tom. Top fella.
Watling Man

Post by Watling Man »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:34 pm How on earth had this been allowed to happen? This is a massive kick in the teeth. Not by Tom, good luck to him. But it’s a statement to DFC. He’ll do damage to us when he ‘returns.’ What the f*ck is going on at our club? Told f*ck all as usual!
Not that I disagree about the general lack of the clubs communications etc, and like UC I am lost for me words, but why would this have anything to do with the club - he is just another past player ?
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Speechless.
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Are people really blaming the club and dowse for this?
Bonner was on a similar deal at Dartford where he was able to play around work.
Dowse has spent the majority of the season trying to get bonner back.
And let’s not forget, he was RETIRED. Why would the club make a statement regarding a retired player joining another club.
Good luck to him, but I’m sure he left in the summer and said he wouldn’t play for another club in this league again.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

It's a kick in the teeth for all fans of this club
How is out how long serving club captain, who retired now able to join a different club.

Whether this is down to management or the board, it is not a good look at all.
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Kingy must of offered a nice little earner for Tom to come out of retirement 🤔 ?
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Top fella, a real gentleman. Really?
Sounds like a proper stab in the back to me.
I have to wonder about some.
He couldn't get away fast enough and was waiting for the first decent offer.
Lovely lad.
Proper Judas to all supporters at DFC.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

He was warming up/training with us the other week, I really don't get what has happened for it to come to this.

I am so angry.