Ronnie Vint (Sub)
No votes
Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 42

MINTY

Re: Maidstone v Dartford FA Cup 3rd Qualifying - Sat 2 Oct 2021. Kick off 15:00

Post by MINTY »

Having moved down here a few years ago, this result was even more special. What a performance ! Those conditions were dreadful but Darts handled them well, especially second half. Solid at the back, pacy up front, always looking the more likely to score. Steve King has assembled a squad that is more than capable of winning this league. Superb stuff. The 12th man (fans) were incredible, cracking atmosphere.
I was going to give MOTM to Danny leonard as he's been the best signing this season but i edged to Tom Bonner who won everything at the back and led by example. A true captains performance.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

What an excellent result congratulations to the team and fans on the 3-0 win
Although The Duke and I had to miss the game we were kept aware of the goings on thanks to Gilesy and The 5th Searcher both on the pitch and what the Maidstone morons in the stand were getting up to an absolute disgrace. :x
We didn't have access to the highlights until we both got back today but yesterday we did buy a copy of the Non League daily and there for all to see The Darts in the pink with a good photo on the front page and although the match report was small we didn't need it once we read Steve Kings large match report with his opinion of the game. :D :D :D
It's worth fans buying a copy if still available in newsagents
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Yes Trevor, the NLP was an excellent read yesterday with the Darts on the front page and Steve King's well rounded full page contribution as well.

I wasn't impressed though by the opening paragraph of the match report that "Dartford stamped their authority over 10-man Maidstone in front of a bumper crowd during a rain-soaked Kent derby". Any neutral reading that might have though the Darts had won 3-0 because we were playing against only 10 men. Only in the last paragraph did it say that Luque was sent off in added time.

The Darts did all the hard work 11 v 11 for over 90 minutes, so was an equal battle throughout the match, until added time.

Well done also to Spike. I heard your message to Radio Kent read out towards the end of the roundup programme.

COYD