Pierre Fonkeu (Sub)
2%
Charlie Sheringham (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 45

Grassbank

Re: Dartford v St Albans City Sat 22 Apr 2023

Post by Grassbank »

Great achievement today. What a way to come back after a difficult Thursday evening in Essex.

Next week is a free hit, but it would be good to develop the winning habit. We then have two home matches to win to achieve promotion.

Full credit to Dowse and the back-room team as well as the players that have graced the pitch in a Dartford shirt this season. It has been a bit roller-coaster at times, but they got there in the end with a match to spare.

Time for us as fans to remember the positive and to forget the negative. We have to make the home advantage count. We need to be loud and proud and give our great team non-stop support through both matches in the play-offs to help them over the line. We must stay positive and we must keep the belief. This group of players have the immediate future of our club in their hands. We must now give them our 100% support and trust that they will give us their 100% effort. We know that they can do this. Our players need to know, that we know that they can do it.

Come on you DARTS!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Ecstatic and bewildered - that’s been the season so far! Obviously ecstatic that we’ve secured second spot and showed yesterday, particularly in the 2nd half, what we can do. Bewildered that we failed so miserably at times to beat lower placed teams, especially over the two last Thursdays.

Time to believe Darts fans and to have faith in the gaffer and the squad. Hell of a lot at stake now. Let’s finish this season on a high.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Tony H wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:43 am

Time to believe Darts fans and to have faith in the gaffer and the squad. Hell of a lot at stake now. Let’s finish this season on a high.
We have to! What an opportunity now. NLS is going be a right bugger next season with those three ‘big guns’ coming down.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Can't remember who said that SA's goal was a 'good one'. To me it was a rather fortunate one, he had his back to the goal and really didn't know where he was.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:32 am Can't remember who said that SA's goal was a 'good one'. To me it was a rather fortunate one, he had his back to the goal and really didn't know where he was.
It was the way he improvised and adjusted in flight to flick the ball to the left of Ben. Very good strikers goal. The lad’s class - sign him up!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:48 am
ozymandias wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:32 am Can't remember who said that SA's goal was a 'good one'. To me it was a rather fortunate one, he had his back to the goal and really didn't know where he was.
It was the way he improvised and adjusted in flight to flick the ball to the left of Ben. Very good strikers goal. The lad’s class - sign him up!
They're fans are not happy Jeffers did not start.......

https://saintschat.proboards.com/thread ... rd-22-4-23
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I think he's a details man.......................

Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Well at H/T I spoke to a couple of StAlbans fans and asked them ...
how on earth were they not in front, they agreed but were very wary that the "Real" Dartford might turn up in the 2nd half.
Full credit to Dowse and the lads because we found our mojo in the 2nd half .
Let's just hope that the 1st half was a real wake up call and that we can move on and win the play offs..
COYDsss.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I forgot to mention.....
In the 16 years that PP has been open Jeffers goal was one of the very best goals I have seen at the ground.I would love to
Get him in if wether go up or not!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Clovis Kamdjo scored one for Forest Green at PP that I would deem better than Jeffers’, however it was ruled out for offside.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

DA Mikey wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:31 pm Clovis Kamdjo scored one for Forest Green at PP that I would deem better than Jeffers’, however it was ruled out for offside.
Wasn’t a goal then was it?!! 😂 😝 Going to the party next week? Worlds End pub?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

How the guy who hit the bar managed to do that, well, it was easier to score. And yes, Jeffers goal was quite good. :?
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Well done to everyone involved that contributed to help the team to finish in second place. Hands up, I was one of those supporters who thought that we would struggle to get anywhere near the playoffs this season, so well done to team Dowse on performing a small miracle. It was also nice to see Pete Samson again, after such a long time and even better to see that he was rewarded with a victory. It would have made the journey home that little bit easier.

After the first 45 mins I feared the worse, especially as Max & Jernade were getting a roasting and I thought the latter was going to see red. Whoever made the call to swap Jernade with Sam changed the course of the game and I ended up giving my MoM to Jernade. More importantly, it will give us another option in the middle of the park should we need to make the change. I guess we will have to wait but at least we can now go into the final game without the need to take too many chances with players carrying niggles.
Last edited by Jonty on Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Babylon wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:34 am I forgot to mention.....
In the 16 years that PP has been open Jeffers goal was one of the very best goals I have seen at the ground.I would love to
Get him in if wether go up or not!
Best from an opponent for me at PP was the one by Lee Noble for Brentwood (what happened to him?) :D
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Taunton Dart, I think James White's 35 yarder was the best goal I have seen against us. Mind you, that goal from Jeffers was annoyingly good yesterday. At least we had the last laugh.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Davie Martins 35yard screamer into the top bin versus Burgess Hill was the best I have seen , Jeffers [ much as I would like him at the Darts ] goal was a fluke and could have gone anywhere !!!!!!!!!!!!