Marvin Herschel (Sub)
No votes
Richard Chin (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 30

Undercover Elephant

Re: Tonbridge Angels v Dartford Sat 15 Apr 2023

Post by Undercover Elephant »

We really deserved that win, after the week we have and the amount of games we have had!
I hope the gaffer gives the lads some down time with just a lite training session before we travel to the trailer park….
The less said about the ref the better, he was useless utter tosh!
Like many I was fearing going to Tonbridge and seeing some of their result this season they are a better said than what they used to be Jay has got them playing some nice football!

MOTM Tom Bonner who kept Greenidge quiet today, and a mention to the fans who turned up today in numbers. And do we miss them at home yes we do….

See you Thursday!
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Duke. I think the substitutions were a necessity for Bradbury and Coulson to ensure we had 11 players remaining on the pitch as both had already picked up their first cautions, given that the ref seemed to be handing them out to the Darts like confetti.

Again, excellent commentary, but does anybody know his name? He has been consistently excellent throughout the season.

Certainly, today was a day we needed a win, so delighted with that result. And again, as I wrote during the game, well done to the travelling support and the noise made during the game helped us over the line, especially with the ref seeming to talk a lot to some of the Tonbridge players but not getting his card out when it seemed a card might have been deserved.

Let's hope now that last week's Thursday/Saturday pattern of games will give the team more experience to handle a similar scenario next week.

COYD
Spike

Post by Spike »

It was a near perfect example of how to stifle your opponents and grab a precious away win. We did to Tonbridge what Taunton did to us. After Napa's great finish for the goal we were never threatened by Tonbridge and cruised through the rest of the game. Sure, we didn't pose much threat ourselves either, but we did do an excellent job of containing our hosts and it was a perfect display of game management. Given the number of games our lads have had to play recently, they put in a great shift today and were worthy winners. Very impressed with Kieran Murtagh today, I thought he did a great job and Luke Allen had a very good game too, but the MOTM for me was young Sam Odaudu who was like a rock at the back. I am so impressed with how quickly this lad has acclimatised to this level of football. He is so strong and physically imposing, defensively he is one of our best.

Okay, so we might have done it the wrong way around, but we are back in the driving seat and it is absolutely vital that we build on this with a victory on Thursday. COYD.

Oh and I nearly forgot. I don't normally talk about officials, but I must give a mention to today's referee whose masterclass of petty minded nobheadery (should such a word exist) was a fantastic example of how not to referee a football match. Clearly he was under the illusion that everyone had come along to see HIM rather than the football and he did everything in his power to break up the flow and ruin the game. I'm so glad we won because when I say that he was in my opinion, unquestionably the worst ref we've had this season, nobody can claim that it's just sour grapes.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

The team did well today against a tough & difficult Tonbridge side that was pushing for a play off place & have been in quite good form lately.
You could clearly see that some of our boys had tired legs over the last week or so but they still kept battling away to get the win. Malachi took his goal well when the chance arose to give us that lead with Captain Bonner being as solid as ever and keeping Jordan Greenidge in his pocket all game.
Hopefully we’ll pick up the points at Concord on Thursday night as they will almost certainly have tired legs having played Thursday, Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday 4 games in 8 days is enough to knacker any player.

Tom Bonner got my MOTM vote again for being solid as a rock yet again.

Keep going Darts only 3 games to go until the play offs.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

An important win and every body happy again. As said, a great away win professionally executed. Important now to follow that up with a win next Thursday.

MoM for me was Sam who was superb. Ref - utter garbage!

Oh, and a discussion with a Director before the game yesterday confirmed that there is a desire for the club to be promoted (he did say I could post that!)

COYD’s
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Probably worth assuming the doomsday scenario that Oxford and Chelmo win their remaining games to both finish on 83, meaning five points from our last three will render us uncatchable. In reality, four will likely do it unless Oxford pick up two more results like yesterday’s hammering of Dover. Our situation would have been so much better had we beaten Taunton on Thursday, but what’s done is done.
A loss at Tonbridge would have been disastrous given the other results, so well done Darts for keeping the pace.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

A massive win against against a decent side and another shocking example of a homer referee hell-bent on ruining the game wherever he could with some head-scratching decisions particularly relating to yellow card offences. It’s been the one constant this season that refereeing in this league is laughable. And, no, it’s not sour grapes. We won and we’re second whilst a good 90% of them, if I’m being kind, are appalling with most, simply over-promoted and out of their depth and the rest being clueless attention seekers. Tom Bonner gets my MOTM vote again but it could easily have gone to anyone in that defence. A rare good day on the road.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:32 am A massive win against against a decent side and another shocking example of a homer referee hell-bent on ruining the game wherever he could with some head-scratching decisions particularly relating to yellow card offences. It’s been the one constant this season that refereeing in this league is laughable. And, no, it’s not sour grapes. We won and we’re second whilst a good 90% of them, if I’m being kind, are appalling with most, simply over-promoted and out of their depth and the rest being clueless attention seekers. Tom Bonner gets my MOTM vote again but it could easily have gone to anyone in that defence. A rare good day on the road.
Agree, absolutely terrible. Referees are over-promoted and fast-tracking the younger referees doesn’t appear to work either. What’s the answer though? A National problem? Referee shortage?
Airspace for another time maybe!!

Thursday night will be all about hearts, minds and souls and putting every sinew of energy and passion into winning that game. The lads shouldn’t need much motivating for it, so much is at stake.

Time to believe (and stay calm) you fellow Darts fans. Come on, let’s have it!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

There's a lot of singing :lol: :lol:

M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Ton-ber-ridge ??? What’s all that about?
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

M1 South wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:32 pm Ton-ber-ridge ??? What’s all that about?
Got bored halfway through (just after our goal!!)
Number Six

Post by Number Six »

Tony H wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:28 pm
M1 South wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:32 pm Ton-ber-ridge ??? What’s all that about?
Got bored halfway through (just after our goal!!)
Makes you realise just how professional the DFC match videos are :D
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Number Six wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:53 pm Makes you realise just how professional the DFC match videos are :D
This isn't an official Tonbridge video though (Tonbridge Fan TV) - a bit like KSTDART - but with more filming and actually showing ALL our bookings, which our all singing/all dancing twitter feed failed to mention (as per usual).
Maybe KSTDART needs to get a helper and expand his YouTube empire to longer videos like this Tonbridge fan does :D
Spike

Post by Spike »

rick wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:09 pm
Number Six wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:53 pm Makes you realise just how professional the DFC match videos are :D
This isn't an official Tonbridge video though (Tonbridge Fan TV) - a bit like KSTDART - but with more filming and actually showing ALL our bookings, which our all singing/all dancing twitter feed failed to mention (as per usual).
Maybe KSTDART needs to get a helper and expand his YouTube empire to longer videos like this Tonbridge fan does :D
I think Kev (KSTDART) is going for quality rather than quantity. Thankfully.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

That has to be a lesson in how to NOT make a fan footy video. What an awful watch. His mates must be laughing their footballs off.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Ton-ber-ridge Billy has no mates!!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Yes maybe - but he is an angel.... :D
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Spike wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:21 pm
rick wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:09 pm
I think Kev (KSTDART) is going for quality rather than quantity. Thankfully.
Why thank you Spike , I was going to say the same thing myself but you beat me to it . Besides it means more coming from someone else .
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Just keep it nice and simple Kev. Then it's Simply the Best. Keep it going.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »