Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes
Obi Onyeagwara (Sub)
6%

Total votes: 17

KSTDART

Re: Weymouth v Dartford Sat 4 Mar 2023

Post by KSTDART »

Just got home and cant take many positives from that . We look so low on confidence and just constantly gave the ball away . Its hit and hope at football at the moment
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Just back from weymouth yes I did leave early 1 thing annoys me is us supporters pay alot of money to follow the team and them players don't give a crap win or lose they get paid no passion on the pitch today I understand club paid for players to travel yesterday V.I.P coach hotel for what them to think there superstars sorry I see more passion from academy players Tues night than I did today
Last point want to make I sat in disabled area next to weymouths bench there manager did not stop screaming instructions to his team from 1st to 80min when I left never see that from our bench dowse was saying he needs a talker on the pitch start with yaself dowse kick there arses how many times did we give ball away in midfield far to many

Anyway safe travels back onto Tues night up the darts
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Just got in and listened to Dowse's interview and imo an honest assessment from him.

Weymouth started the game with more desire and tempo than us and were the better team for the first 20-25 minutes and took the lead with a penalty given away by what looked like a needless challenge on our part. We then equalised and had a spell where we had more possession and for a short period Weymouth looked a bit jittery and i thought the game was there for the taking.
Unfortunately we came out second half and never showed anywhere near enough desire and imo were beaten by a very average Weymouth side, so puts our performance into perspective.

We did have a penalty claim first half and at the time i thought there was contact but also thought Jack went to ground a bit easily so probably gave the ref enough reason not to give it, video will be interesting as Dowse has watched it and seems pretty sure it was a definite pen.

Dowse has mentioned getting a new striker in and that would be good as our attacking options are, and have been limited all season. However if we think bringing in a new forward will solve our problems I'm not so sure as we aren't creating anywhere near enough chances, especially from open play. Other than Pierre's goal today i can't recall the opposition keeper having to make a single decent save in the last two matches. So whilst a new forward will be very welcome unless we start creating as well it will be very difficult for whoever comes in.

To be fair we are still well above where i thought we would be and sitting well placed in second so Dowse and the players must take credit for that, it's just really frustrating that coming to the business end of the season we seem to have lost our way a bit and need to show a lot more desire than we did today otherwise............
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Well I've been to 5 matches this season now. Needless to say all in the West Country. We were lucky to win the first game of the season at Bath as we created little but scored twice. The other four games have all been same old same old. We have lost at Taunton, Chippenham, Swindon Supermarine and Weymouth. For a number of these matches the team has stayed overnight before the game. In all matches they have looked ordinary to say the least, lacking in intensity and attacking threat. Is this the same in other matches? Or is it I'm the jinx?
Last edited by Taunton Dart on Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match Report by Chris Palmer

Dartford’s miserable luck at The Bob Lucas Stadium continued, after a spirited Weymouth side condemned them to a first league defeat in five games on a cold March afternoon.

A bright start saw opportunities for both sides early in the first forty-five. The Terras were quick out of the blocks and could have edged ahead within two minutes. Tom Blair’s dangerous cross from the left-flank found Harvey Slade in too much space inside the box. The Terra had time to control the ball, before pulling the trigger. However, Dartford Skipper Tom Bonner was on hand to clear the ball off the line and save his side’s blushes.

Two minutes later saw the visitors respond with a good attack which saw Jack Smith race into the Weymouth box. The midfielder was blatantly brought down by his man, but referee Mr Neil Pratt awarded a goal-kick instead!

As both sides continued to do battle in the midfield, it was the visitors who created the next move, which released Alex Wall. As the striker got in behind the defender and drove towards goal, Nathan Carlyle put in an excellent challenge to put the ball behind for a corner. Yet, the officials bizarrely awarded a goal-kick, much to the bemusement and anger of everyone related to the Darts (10)!

Yet that wasn’t the last of the officials’ involvement in deciding the outcome of this encounter because, in the 24th minute, Weymouth were awarded a penalty at the other end. Akheem Rose was the player fouled and he’d be the one to calmly put the ball beyond Ben Dudzinski from the spot-kick to give the hosts the lead.

However, Alan Dowson’s side fought and grew back into the game throughout the remainder of the half. And they were rewarded for their efforts in the 43rd minute. Alex Wall’s initial strike from the edge of the box was blocked and put behind for a corner. Luke Coulson’s set-piece caused problems and there was Pierre Fonkeu to eventually tuck the ball home to level the score.

At the start of the second-half, the game looked perfectly balanced for a terrific battle on the pitch… or so you would have thought… because, to be honest, the Darts offered very little in attacking threat for the remainder of the game.

That is with the exception of an excellent opportunity seven minutes into the half. And, it was Alex Wall again. After receiving a neat pass from Keiran Murtagh, he struck a fine effort towards the Weymouth goal, only for goalkeeper Zaki Oualah to deny him at his near post (52).

Twelve minutes later saw Bobby Wilkinson’s Terras re-take the lead and, with it, gain control of proceedings. Captain Tom Bearwish found Bradley Ash with a wonderful through-ball and, with Ash in behind the Dartford defence, Ben Dudzinski was left with no chance as the Weymouth player sent a curling effort beyond him and into the back of the net (64).

Tom Blair then tried his luck in the 70th minute, but Dudzinski was able to make a fine save to keep the Darts in the contest…that was for the next seven minutes at least…

With the visitors trying desperately to get back into the contest, but struggling to ignite, they gifted the hosts a free-kick in a dangerous position. Tom Blair took the set-piece and left Dudzinski with no chance whatsoever (77). The hosts followed that up by controlling the remainder of the game in order to secure a deserved victory.

As far as substitutions are concerned, Alan Dowson was first to react in the 66th minute by replacing Pierre Fonkeu with Malachi Napa. That was then followed by Luke Allen replacing Jordan Wynter (73) and Obi Onyeagwara coming on for Keiran Murtagh (79).

Meanwhile, Weymouth made their first change in personnel in the 75th minute when Keelan O’Connell came on for Harvey Slade, before Nahum Melvin-Lambert replaced Akheem Rose with four minutes remaining.

The result sees Dartford remain in second place in the National League South table. However, the pack behind are slowly closing in as we reach the business end of the season.

TEAMS

WEYMOUTH: Zaki Oualah, David Sesay, Harry Kyprianou, Nathan Carlyle, Harvey Slade, Xander McBurnie, Tom Bearwish (c), Tom Blair, Brendan Wilson, Akheem Rose, Bradley Ash.

SUBSTITUTES: Nahum Melvin-Lambert, David Nyarko, Matt Buse, Scott Rees, Keelan O’Connell.

DARTFORD: Ben Dudzinski, Jordan Wynter, Connor Essam, Tom Bonner (c), Luke Coulson, Alex Wall, Keiran Murtagh, Isaac Ogundere, Jack Smith, Pierre Fonkeu, Jernade Meade.

SUBSTITUTES: Dan Wilks, Luke Allen, Obi Onyeagwara, Maxwell Statham, Malachi Napa.

By Chris Palmer
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Taunton Dart wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:21 pm Well I've been to 5 matches this season now. Needless to say all in the West Country. We were lucky to win the first game of the season at Bath as we created little but scored twice. The other four games have all been same old same old. We have lost at Taunton, Chippenham, Swindon Supermarine and Weymouth. For a number of these matches the team has stayed overnight before the game. In all matches they have looked ordinary to say the least, lacking in intensity and attacking threat. Is this the same in other matches? Or is itI'm m the jinx?
I am the opposite not seen us lose this season in the league 13 wins and 2 draws missed the 3 home defeats and saw the away win at ebbsfleet.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Definitely some strange decisions by the officials yesterday? Not biased towards either team but got so much wrong!!
Have to say though I reckon well over 50% of our passing went to a claret shirt yesterday!! Maybe as we were away our players thought they were the Dartford team???
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

I wasn’t at the game yesterday (one of very few that I’ve missed this season!) and won’t comment specifically but will rather comment on current form.

Our management team must be baffled by this dip in form. Genuinely we have the quality of players, with considerable experience, to take us up to the next level.As Dowse said in his post- match interview though, they’re not doing the business.

Yes, we need a striker, in the absence of Charlie. Hopefully we’ll see someone come in. I will however raise this issue again - Dan Roberts, doing the business at Hungerford!!! For some reason neither Dowse, or King before him, liked Dan. I’m not saying DR’s the answer, but is he still a DFC player and could he do a job?

Somethings not quite right atm and we need a spark. That’s a considerable challenge that Dowse and his management team face in the next couple of weeks. Now is not the time to accept or settle for play-off games and nothing more.

We can still turn this rut around and kick on. After all, we’re not second in the division for nothing and now, unlike in the first half of the season, this position isn’t a false one.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I've seen the Bobby Wilkinson interview and I've seen Tom Blair's. Wilko thinks we will get promoted, Blair rates us but they 'blew us away, second half'. All the good vibes re Dartford FC comes from the opposition.
Nothing but negativity from the Dartford camp.
Dowse frustrated and a team that have two league wins since Christmas??
Hungerford are a team that are trying their hardest to get out of a relegation struggle, Farnborough are trying their hardest to get into a play-off position. We, somehow have got ourselves into a very good position and with the aid of others failing to take advantage of our recent record are still there. HOW?
What a roller coaster season we are having. At the moment there doesn't seem to be any urgency in our team and if we don't get our finger out I can't see anywhere near 6 points in the next two games. We are getting found out at all levels Goalkeeper, Defence, midfield and strikers. attendance is falling away, interest is falling away and yet we are going for Promotion!! Really?!!
I am coming up Saturday. I think.
With the way our season's going who needs B&WArmy?
Come on lads, finger out.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Oz, I believe the reason we’re still second are twofold. Firstly (sorry to state the obvious, and I’m not being cheeky or disrespectful!) but we’ve amassed more League points than those below us and secondly, those below us have failed themselves to capitalise on our dip in form and haven’t shown any consistency themselves (excepting Braintree who, though it pains me to say it, are on an exceptional run of form and could be an outside bet for promotion - again!!!!)

I’ve watched the highlights and must say Tom Blair for Weymouth is an exceptional player -took his two goals very well. Defensively for us - two silly challenges, one by Connor to give away the penalty, and one by Tom to give away the free-kick that led to their third goal.

Bobby Wilkinson’s a proper manager (I saw some of his work at Bracknell) and, whilst it’s taken him some time getting Weymouth to play and get results, he will keep them up!

It’s all about us though, and we must eradicate some of those silly mistakes (yes, by experienced players) and shorten up our game too. Oh, and yes, from what I saw on the highlights, that was a stone-wall penalty to us in the first half when Jack was scythed down.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Their goalie said it was a penalty and couldn't believe they got away with it. He said that after Weymouth had been given a penalty of their own.

Must say their goalie enjoyed the banter and gave some good comments back
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:38 am Oh, and yes, from what I saw on the highlights, that was a stone-wall penalty to us in the first half when Jack was scythed down.
Must admit i wasn't 100% sure at the time but watching that back it's an absolute stonewall penalty, ref looked to have a clear view as well :x :x
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

I am looking for a volunteer in the National South to join Ebbsfleet United in the National League next season.

This in turn will save our supporters the cost of throwing more money down the drain, being taken for a ride on expensive away days and not just by King's Ferry either.

Should your club be interested in taking up this fantastic opportunity then please declare your interest to the National League as soon as possible.

Thank you

Ajaxman DFC
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Tony H, I don't think you're being cheeky or disrespectful at all. You only stated what I'd been saying for a while.
How we amassed the points before Christmas is beyond me, but then to play as we did AT Christmas I started to believe in something. And yes, for the way the chasing pact have failed to get near us since Christmas is also beyond me.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:42 pm Tony H, I don't think you're being cheeky or disrespectful at all. You only stated what I'd been saying for a while.
How we amassed the points before Christmas is beyond me, but then to play as we did AT Christmas I started to believe in something. And yes, for the way the chasing pact have failed to get near us since Christmas is also beyond me.
Oz, to try and answer your question, and I’m no expert:
1. Maybe this Division isn’t as strong as it has been in recent seasons, particularly last season and
2. All teams from us down are, for whatever reason (apart from Braintree!) struggling to find any sort of consistency.

I’ve said in many previous posts that consistency is the key formula for achieving success in any competition.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I went yesterday and, once more, drove for three and a half hours wishing I hadn’t bothered and gone shopping in Bluewater instead. Nothing to add regarding our utter shit performance and Dowse needs to look in the mirror and ask himself some serious questions! It’s all gone tits up since Wilks has been sidelined and I don’t agree with it at all. Wilks, player of the season last year and one of the best keepers we’ve ever had - I just don’t get it. We’ll end up losing him to a rival in the summer, and I’m dreading it. As for the other end of the pitch - what a calamity! Wall on his own is a waste of time. We need TWO strikers not one. Bring back Danny Roberts and let’s hope Charlie recovers. At least he shows some fighting spirit. Anyway, onwards and upwards eh? We’ll be in the playoff for sure - but don’t go expecting us to go up. :-).
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Tony, I agree with your second part in a way. At the start of the season I said that Havant would be up there and that Worthing were going to be the 'dark horses'. Both have proved true to some extent. I agree that maybe Braintree are the form team at the moment but as said, next Saturday we entertain Farnborough who are also looking lively Not an easy game.
I also felt that Ebbsfleet were going to walk it.
At no time, to be honest, did I feel we were going to be top of the league going into the new year.
Which is my answer to you for your first part. I thought we had a poor squad and when we started to get the points we had at Christmas I was very surprised. Carruthers was the star player for us and many teams thought that if they stop him they stop the team. But to be honest even Samir's form has dropped off.
Anyway, I am happy with the teams position at this point but do feel had we won games while others were floundering we and Fleet would have been out of sight and second place would have been a said.
COYD's.
Sennocke

Post by Sennocke »

After our three year ,double relegation hurt time in the national league I have always thought that our board are now comfortable and happy at this level and are not really wanting promotion. We flirt with playoffs most years but i really feel that the ambition is not really there ..