Total votes: 32

MickW

Re: Dartford v Slough Town Tue 21 Feb 2023

Post by MickW »

Havant lost , Oxford only drew so a good night for us. COYDS
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

A win is a win, didn't sound like the most convincing from the Slough commentary (who did a very good job) but at this stage of the season points are the most important thing.

Havant lost and received 2 red cards, Oxford also dropped points and received a red. We have to make sure we win at the weekend and don't take any steps backwards. Tonight's results have gone heavily in our favour. Ebbsfleet winning again after going behind, they're not going to slip up now.

I will be there Saturday, COYD!
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Yes , 3 points is the main thing.
Sounds like it wasn't a great game but a win is a win.
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

A wins a win wynter had a good game and new defender looked a decent player willing to get forward 2nd half few blind passes that went astray don't know why our players think there premiership players just play the simple ball samir came on gave us a new look Alex wall had a battle against 1 of our old academy lads onwards and upwards Saturday's game will be a tough test let's get behind the lads UP THE DARTS
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

We started the the game well and a good Murtagh header from a free kick early on was enough to get us another three valuable points.
Rest of first half was pretty even without either side creating many clear cut chances.

Second half i did feel we were more comfortable and Slough didn't really look like scoring, whilst we got into some good positions and had a couple of decent chances to double our lead but in the end the one goal was enough.

A clean sheet, three points and two of our closest challengers dropping points makes it a good night.

Ogundere did well on his debut and with him and Meade we have two full backs who can get up and down the flanks.
Midfield three of Wynts, Smith and Murtagh did well and MOTM for me by a long way was Murtagh.

Was a bit surprised with tonights attendance until i looked at other games so probably not so bad after all.
Last edited by Park Life on Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Murtagh scores Dartford’s winner V Slough

The Duke

Post by The Duke »

A strange but actually a good game with many good moves which unfortunately lacked the final killer ball, on another day it could have been 7-0 , good to see more football played out of defence with both full backs giving us the necessary width to stretch what was a poor Slough defence but with the Darts over elaborating [Sami worst culprit !!] we didnt kill Slough of but thankfully did not let them equalize , which would have been a travesty !!!

Full marks to the travelling Slough fans who despite their team not having a good season noisily supported them for the whole 90 mins

I was impressed with the new loan guy [no14] at right wing back , fit and pacy and a real asset

Keiron Murtagh did play well and gets my MOTM , enjoyed his goalbut he should have had 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

As others have said a wins a win and results going our way for our two closest rivals but how they make the fans suffer for the 90 minutes + 4 :?
We had lots of chances to get more goals but each time in and around the box we took one touch too many and allowed their defenders to block shots or we put shots over the bar and a couple of good saves from their keeper.
There was always the chance of them getting the equalizer but thankfully equally poor finishing and good defending by us meant that when the final whistle went we had won and gained the three points so we could breath a sigh of relief and look forward to Saturday and another tough game.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Take the 3 points, job done
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Kebabus wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:26 am Take the 3 points, job done
Yep, totally agree 👍
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Need to get our shooting boots on for Saturday. Played some good stuff going forward and Keiran had the two best chances, fortunately one went in.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Judging by the comments of those listening to the commentary, I felt this game was much better than it may have come across. It was entertaining and we did everything right on 90% of the pitch but squandering so many chances may have made the contest appear much closer than it really was. Nevertheless, it was enjoyable to watch and Darts undeniably deserved the 3 points. MOTM for me was Kieron who seemed very sprightly last night and looks a much better player when playing higher up the pitch.

Whilst nothing is ever certain in football, I don't think anyone genuinely expects Ebbsfleet to blow it from where they are now, so it's all about 2nd place and guaranteed home games in the play-offs. That being the case, it was a very good night for us what with our two biggest rivals, Havant & Oxford, both dropping points. It would be great to put another good run of victories together and a win over Oxford on Saturday would be a massive boost and open up a 9 point gap for the Darts and with a game in hand.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Spike wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:03 pm Judging by the comments of those listening to the commentary, I felt this game was much better than it may have come across. It was entertaining and we did everything right on 90% of the pitch but squandering so many chances may have made the contest appear much closer than it really was. Nevertheless, it was enjoyable to watch and Darts undeniably deserved the 3 points. MOTM for me was Kieron who seemed very sprightly last night and looks a much better player when playing higher up the pitch.

Whilst nothing is ever certain in football, I don't think anyone genuinely expects Ebbsfleet to blow it from where they are now, so it's all about 2nd place and guaranteed home games in the play-offs. That being the case, it was a very good night for us what with our two biggest rivals, Havant & Oxford, both dropping points. It would be great to put another good run of victories together and a win over Oxford on Saturday would be a massive boost and open up a 9 point gap for the Darts and with a game in hand.

I have to say as someone that listened to the commentary, they did make it sound like we had few chances and were struggling to keep hold of the ball. After reading the posts on here from those at the game I'm more convinced that it was a performance the fans can be pleased with.

After watching the highlights I don't even remember the commentator describing half of our chances. If Napa could better his final ball then he would be some player. Does everything right just misses that final edge to his game.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

There blokes view on it........ :) :)

M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Blimey! He wasn’t happy was he??
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

How many times dose that bloke want to say “”listen””
Nin

Post by Nin »

is Scott related to BAWArmy? as he likes a good moan :D
Spike

Post by Spike »

Nin wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:34 am is Scott related to BAWArmy? as he likes a good moan :D
Well obviously neither of them are Dartford supporters but at least Scott has been to Princes Park.