Re: Dartford v Slough Town Tue 21 Feb 2023

Post by Park Life »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Need to get our shooting boots on for Saturday. Played some good stuff going forward and Keiran had the two best chances, fortunately one went in.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Judging by the comments of those listening to the commentary, I felt this game was much better than it may have come across. It was entertaining and we did everything right on 90% of the pitch but squandering so many chances may have made the contest appear much closer than it really was. Nevertheless, it was enjoyable to watch and Darts undeniably deserved the 3 points. MOTM for me was Kieron who seemed very sprightly last night and looks a much better player when playing higher up the pitch.

Whilst nothing is ever certain in football, I don't think anyone genuinely expects Ebbsfleet to blow it from where they are now, so it's all about 2nd place and guaranteed home games in the play-offs. That being the case, it was a very good night for us what with our two biggest rivals, Havant & Oxford, both dropping points. It would be great to put another good run of victories together and a win over Oxford on Saturday would be a massive boost and open up a 9 point gap for the Darts and with a game in hand.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Spike wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:03 pm Judging by the comments of those listening to the commentary, I felt this game was much better than it may have come across. It was entertaining and we did everything right on 90% of the pitch but squandering so many chances may have made the contest appear much closer than it really was. Nevertheless, it was enjoyable to watch and Darts undeniably deserved the 3 points. MOTM for me was Kieron who seemed very sprightly last night and looks a much better player when playing higher up the pitch.

Whilst nothing is ever certain in football, I don't think anyone genuinely expects Ebbsfleet to blow it from where they are now, so it's all about 2nd place and guaranteed home games in the play-offs. That being the case, it was a very good night for us what with our two biggest rivals, Havant & Oxford, both dropping points. It would be great to put another good run of victories together and a win over Oxford on Saturday would be a massive boost and open up a 9 point gap for the Darts and with a game in hand.

I have to say as someone that listened to the commentary, they did make it sound like we had few chances and were struggling to keep hold of the ball. After reading the posts on here from those at the game I'm more convinced that it was a performance the fans can be pleased with.

After watching the highlights I don't even remember the commentator describing half of our chances. If Napa could better his final ball then he would be some player. Does everything right just misses that final edge to his game.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

There blokes view on it........ :) :)

M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Blimey! He wasn’t happy was he??
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

How many times dose that bloke want to say “”listen””
Nin

Post by Nin »

is Scott related to BAWArmy? as he likes a good moan :D
Spike

Post by Spike »

Nin wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:34 am is Scott related to BAWArmy? as he likes a good moan :D
Well obviously neither of them are Dartford supporters but at least Scott has been to Princes Park.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Spike wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:36 pm
Nin wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:34 am is Scott related to BAWArmy? as he likes a good moan :D
Well obviously neither of them are Dartford supporters but at least Scott has been to Princes Park.
👏👏🤣🤣
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)