Re: Dartford v Chippenham Town Sat 11 Feb 2023

Post by Clare »

MickW wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:46 pm Anyone catch the 50/50 draw numbers? Ta

50/50 winning number 06155 £222 - claimed

2 minutes Golden goal
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Doesn’t sound to good regarding Charlie from what Dowse was saying in his interview on Radio Kent.
Sheringham was struggling to breathe with a rib injury when he went off and was taken to hospital to get checked out. Dowse said he’ll have to look at bringing another striker in if he can as Wall will still be out suspended next week and is only available the following Tuesday.
Hopefully Charlie’s injury isn’t to bad and he’s back fairly soon although if it’s a rib injury he can’t rush back and could be out for a few weeks unless it’s just badly bruised.

As for the game today it wasn’t the greatest of performances but we got the result & 3pts which is the main thing. A very well worked quick goal within a minute seemed to rock Chippenham and caught them cold. A great cross from Luke Coulson into the box for Jack Smith to side foot volley into the net.
We then created a 2nd chance almost straight away but unfortunately the shot was well blocked.

After this we seemed to go on the back foot quite a bit and we stopped playing the football and turned more to hoof ball.
2nd half wasn’t much better except for a moment of football which started well with Luke Allen winning the ball and creating the move to eventually finish the move as well putting the ball in the back of the net after a good pass from Max Statham.

We needed that win which will hopefully give the players a bit of a lift and give them some momentum to push on.

A good start & clean sheet for our new keeper Ben although he really didn’t have much to do all game.

Not sure on my MOTM yet and will need to give it some thought.

Well Done Darts
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match Report by Chris Palmer

Midfield duo Jack Smith and Luke Allen found the back of the net, as Dartford returned to winning ways against a struggling Chippenham Town side in front of 947 supporters at Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park.

No sooner had the Bluebirds settled to frustrate their hosts that they found themselves behind, after a blistering attack from the Darts.

The move was simply brilliant, as Luke Coulson raced down the left-flank and, getting beyond his marker, was able to send a delicious cross into the box… the ball found Jack Smith, who connected first time to send a delightful strike beyond Will Henry! The 2nd minute goal was Smith’s fourth in all competitions this season, yet surely one he’d remember fondly.

The visitors soon sorted themselves out though and, while the football was end to end at times during the first forty-five, clear-cut goalmouth opportunities were few. In fact, it took until the 14th minute for Chippenham to register a shot on target. That came via Matt McClure, and proved to be an easy save for Dartford debutant goalkeeper Ben Dudzinski.

With Alan Dowson’s side in control, they were patient with the ball and not wanting to take too many unnecessary risks at the back. Yet, they were unfortunate not to have doubled their lead after thirty-two minutes. An impressive passing move culminated in Charlie Sheringham seeking out Luke Coulson, who then found Samir Carruthers in space just outside the Bluebirds’ box. Unfortunately, the midfielder’s neat strike flew narrowly wide of Henry’s upright on this occasion.

It was as you were for the opening exchanges of the second-half. However, Dartford were forced into making an early substitution after Charlie Sheringham struggled with an injury following a challenge. He was replaced by Pierre Fonkeu in the 52nd minute.

Like most games, Alan Dowson would go on to make the most of the depth in his squad this afternoon. And, in the 73rd minute, we saw Samir Carruthers leave the field to be replaced by Malachi Napa, before Keiran Murtagh came on for Luke Allen six minutes later.

Meanwhile, as they chased the game, Chippenham would swap Owen Windsor with Craig Fasanmade (65), Joe Hanks with Caine Bradbury (75), and Luke Russe with Alefe D’Abadia (82).

As we return to the action, the hosts went on to double their advantage soon after Fonkeu had entered proceedings… and it was another brilliant piece of play that set up the goal.

The excellent Maxwell Statham (who’d be given a deserved Man of The Match award afterwards) combined well with the equally excellent Luke Coulson, whereby the former overlapped the latter before sending a dangerous cross into the Chippenham box. The Bluebirds failed to deal with it, and Luke Allen sent it beyond the hapless Will Henry to score his fourth league goal of the season (54).

The Bluebirds responded positively at first and Luke Russe did have the ball in the back of the Dartford net after the hour mark, only for it to be chalked off for offside. The decision enraged Russe and his coaches on the sidelines, costing said coach a yellow card from referee Abigail Byrne, who wasn’t having any nonsense this afternoon.

Chippenham were getting nowhere this afternoon though, as Tom Bonner marshalled his defence superbly throughout the ninety minutes, leaving the Bluebirds to snatch at any crumbs left… not that there were many.

In fact, the better of the remaining opportunities fell to the hosts, as they controlled the game well. Connor Essam forced Will Henry into a save with a header from Luke Coulson’s corner (78), before Maxwell Statham forced Henry into a more comfortable save four minutes later.

Finally, a last-ditch challenge by a Bluebirds defender prevented Pierre Fonkeu from finding the back of the net after he’d received another excellent pass from Coulson following a swift counter-attack (84), as the hosts remained solid to collect all three points.

The result saw Ben Dudzinski collect a deserved clean sheet on his Dartford debut, as the Darts remain in second place in the National League South table, in what is looking like an exciting second-half to the season.

TEAMS

DARTFORD: Ben Dudzinski, Jordan Wynter, Samir Carruthers, Connor Essam, Tom Bonner (c), Luke Coulson, Luke Allen, Maxwell Statham, Jack Smith, Charlie Sheringham, Jernade Meade.

SUBSTITUTES: Dan Wilks, Kristian Campbell, Keiran Murtagh, Pierre Fonkeu, Malachi Napa.

CHIPPENHAM TOWN: Will Henry, Aaron Simpson, Spencer Hamilton (c), Will Richards, Matt McClure, Alex Bray, Owen Windsor, Joe Hanks, Tom Mehew, Luke Russe, Will King.

SUBSTITUTES: Alefe D’Abadia, Callum Gunner, Craig Fasanmade, Will Tizzard, Caine Bradbury.

By Chris Palmer
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Important we got back to winning ways so it was a good result for us today.

It was more of a hard working performance but the brief moments of quality football we played were enough to win the game
We were worthy winners and nice to get a clean sheet as well so hopefully we can build on this and go on another good run again.

Have to think on MOTM as i didn't think there was a real stand out player, but there were a few contenders who had solid games - Smith, Wynter, Allen and Statham.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

rambo

Post by rambo »

A win and a clean sheet, cannot ask for more. We played some good stuff at times and scored a brilliant opener with a great cross and sensational finish
Charlie took some stick but he stood up to it and played really well. I hope he won’t be out long, we will miss you
The Chippenham finishing was hopeless , luckily.
I agree with thd sponsor motm , max by a long way
Not to happy with the lack of atmos in the ground and we know who we can blame for that , thank you Board
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Agree with others that we didn't play that well, but with two well worked goals from crosses, a clean sheet and 3 points, we can't complain. Will miss Charlie, who was energetic and striving to get things going up front, so hope he's not out too long. Defence solid, but Chippenham were poor in sight of goal despite winning a lot of possession, so Ben in goal didn't have much to worry him.
Jack Smith MOM for me for getting forward so early for his goal, and a lot of unsung creative work in midfield. Good to have Luke back again, with Samir less dominant than usual, apart from a nicely judged delayed ball to Max to set up the second goal, which made things more comfortable for us all.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

From the highlights and the commentary, it was indeed 2 very well worked goals to put us back on a winning path after our recent little wobble to keep our pressure up on retaining that second spot. Well done to the whole team. Hope Charlie's injury is not too serious. Pierre Fonkeu seemed to be well involved in the game when he came on as Charlie's replacement, listening to the commentary.

Also a very interesting result at Worthing with St Albans taking home a 6-5 away win, which is making it very competitive for the remaining play off spot.

Enjoyed the highlights, the commentary and the match report. Well played Darts.

COYD
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Glad we got the 3pts but NOT impressed with the continual hoofball from the back 4 [ exception being Jermaine Meade ] Statham, Bonner and Essam still have the ability to defend well but their distribusion is f....g poor , many times they have time to bring the ball down and play a quality pass but instead either head it into no mans land or hoof it 40 yds for Charlie Sheringham up front , FFS we are better than that and all it does it allows teams to put pressure back on our defence !!!!

We are currently 2nd best team in the league but a neutral would struggle to believe IF they watched games against Hemel , Worthing and [1st half] Welling , Chippenham are a poor side . hence their lowly position and should have been blown away today

Maxwell Statham is a very good defender but his distribution is poor and my MOTM is Luke Allen who showed [ again] today why we need him fully fit and playing 40 games per season !!!!

I enjoyed the 3pts and the 2 goals but very little else !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

That glass of yours is so half empty Duke it’s evaporated away!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

A win’s a win at this stage of the season and very much keeps us in contention for 2nd position come the end of April.

Seriously hope Charlie’s okay for next Saturday but doesn’t look good! Light on strike power and maybe Dowse can weave some magic.

All-action Luke Allen for MotM for me yesterday.

All aboard the Braintree bus on Saturday.
KentC

Post by KentC »

I must admit I see this completely differently to many others. Hopefully I don’t get slaughtered.
We definitely had some moments of excellent football, most of it in the latter stages when they were opening up and chasing the game.
They had at least 5 really good chances possibly more where they simply should have scored. There were periods where they got behind us and through us quite well.
There was a lot of hoof ball going on at times and it was a tough watch and looked a tough game for our lads, Chippenham are no pushovers.
Yes that sounds pretty negative but Im not normally, our boys and manager are fantastic, I just think today we were not as good as we can be.
Saying this when Chippenham chased the game late and opened up we played some good stuff and could have scored more.

Tough game , boys worked hard and I’m made up with the result. I’ll take it all day long and keep up our fight for second.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Here’s my match report: Meh.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:12 am Here’s my match report: Meh.
Unlike you to be so positive.😂
KentC

Post by KentC »

I take it up the darts is on half term or something? We win and he/she isn’t on here????
Skip

Post by Skip »

KentC wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:15 pm I take it up the darts is on half term or something? We win and he/she isn’t on here????
We won so that sad sack doesn’t post! 😂
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Skip

Post by Skip »

After a couple of poor performances and defeats and a decent draw at Welling, I was more than happy that we got back on winning track yesterday. Not the best performance overall but two absolute quality goals and a few more decent chances via Luke Coulson gave us sufficient breathing space to see the game out. Fortunately Chippenham couldn’t hit the proverbial cow’s arse with a banjo yesterday from 4 or 5 decent chances so our new keeper had a relatively easy debut.

Another very good performance from Max Statham suggests he’ll be in the running for player of the year. A bit of a concern about Charlie’s injury particularly with the trip to Braintree next weekend. It’s never been a happy hunting ground for us so we may need Dowse to get some back up for what will be a tough encounter.

Looking forward to the run in though!
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

A poor game an ugly win. Chip's caught out early and didn't really have a finish having controlled a good part of the first half. Came out second and both clubs carried on much like the first. Again we got the early goal and despite Chip's finding the net (albeit offside) they didn't really threaten. Liked the look of their No19 Russe but even he faded in the second half.
The lads looked comfortable with good performances from Statham, Coulson, Bonner and Allen. I've gone for Coulson as my MOTM. Shame about the injury to Charlie, didn't think it was serious when he went off. Hope he recovers quickly but cracked ribs can be a bastard.
Liked the interview with Dowse when the lad said that Ben had a quiet game (as in no goals let in) but vocally Ben was all I could hear second half. Don't think we've ever had a keeper so loud. :D
On to Braintree, another hard fixture.
COYD's
Park Life

Post by Park Life »