Malachi Napa (Sub)
No votes
Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 38

M1 South

Re: Dartford v Chippenham Town Sat 11 Feb 2023

Post by M1 South »

That glass of yours is so half empty Duke it’s evaporated away!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

A win’s a win at this stage of the season and very much keeps us in contention for 2nd position come the end of April.

Seriously hope Charlie’s okay for next Saturday but doesn’t look good! Light on strike power and maybe Dowse can weave some magic.

All-action Luke Allen for MotM for me yesterday.

All aboard the Braintree bus on Saturday.
KentC

Post by KentC »

I must admit I see this completely differently to many others. Hopefully I don’t get slaughtered.
We definitely had some moments of excellent football, most of it in the latter stages when they were opening up and chasing the game.
They had at least 5 really good chances possibly more where they simply should have scored. There were periods where they got behind us and through us quite well.
There was a lot of hoof ball going on at times and it was a tough watch and looked a tough game for our lads, Chippenham are no pushovers.
Yes that sounds pretty negative but Im not normally, our boys and manager are fantastic, I just think today we were not as good as we can be.
Saying this when Chippenham chased the game late and opened up we played some good stuff and could have scored more.

Tough game , boys worked hard and I’m made up with the result. I’ll take it all day long and keep up our fight for second.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Here’s my match report: Meh.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:12 am Here’s my match report: Meh.
Unlike you to be so positive.😂
KentC

Post by KentC »

I take it up the darts is on half term or something? We win and he/she isn’t on here????
Skip

Post by Skip »

KentC wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:15 pm I take it up the darts is on half term or something? We win and he/she isn’t on here????
We won so that sad sack doesn’t post! 😂
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Skip

Post by Skip »

After a couple of poor performances and defeats and a decent draw at Welling, I was more than happy that we got back on winning track yesterday. Not the best performance overall but two absolute quality goals and a few more decent chances via Luke Coulson gave us sufficient breathing space to see the game out. Fortunately Chippenham couldn’t hit the proverbial cow’s arse with a banjo yesterday from 4 or 5 decent chances so our new keeper had a relatively easy debut.

Another very good performance from Max Statham suggests he’ll be in the running for player of the year. A bit of a concern about Charlie’s injury particularly with the trip to Braintree next weekend. It’s never been a happy hunting ground for us so we may need Dowse to get some back up for what will be a tough encounter.

Looking forward to the run in though!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

A poor game an ugly win. Chip's caught out early and didn't really have a finish having controlled a good part of the first half. Came out second and both clubs carried on much like the first. Again we got the early goal and despite Chip's finding the net (albeit offside) they didn't really threaten. Liked the look of their No19 Russe but even he faded in the second half.
The lads looked comfortable with good performances from Statham, Coulson, Bonner and Allen. I've gone for Coulson as my MOTM. Shame about the injury to Charlie, didn't think it was serious when he went off. Hope he recovers quickly but cracked ribs can be a bastard.
Liked the interview with Dowse when the lad said that Ben had a quiet game (as in no goals let in) but vocally Ben was all I could hear second half. Don't think we've ever had a keeper so loud. :D
On to Braintree, another hard fixture.
COYD's
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Three points achieved in a poor game but it keeps us up there in the playoffs so overall a good outcome . As someone else has already said ,the atmosphere was non existent today ,someone next to me describing it like ( a waiting room at a funeral parlour) . Not sure what the solution is regarding the youth , but we can be in danger of alienating our future supporters? Just a reminder that the bloke who was thrown out at the Welling game for confronting their keeper was well over seventeen , should he now have to be accompanied by an adult ?
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:50 pm A poor game an ugly win. Chip's caught out early and didn't really have a finish having controlled a good part of the first half. Came out second and both clubs carried on much like the first. Again we got the early goal and despite Chip's finding the net (albeit offside) they didn't really threaten. Liked the look of their No19 Russe but even he faded in the second half.
The lads looked comfortable with good performances from Statham, Coulson, Bonner and Allen. I've gone for Coulson as my MOTM. Shame about the injury to Charlie, didn't think it was serious when he went off. Hope he recovers quickly but cracked ribs can be a bastard.
Liked the interview with Dowse when the lad said that Ben had a quiet game (as in no goals let in) but vocally Ben was all I could hear second half. Don't think we've ever had a keeper so loud. :D
On to Braintree, another hard fixture.
COYD's
Some might remember Broderick Tucker he sounded like a foghorn.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Foghorn indeed, but struggled to catch a ball from memory !
Skip

Post by Skip »

Harry wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:31 pm Foghorn indeed, but struggled to catch a ball from memory !
Kept goal like Foghorn Leghorn…probably would.