Park Life

Re: Welling v Dartford Sat 4 Feb 2023

Post by Park Life »

FT 2-2
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

I've checked both Twitter feeds and no mention of the attendance. Anyone know? Thanks.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

I believe 1731
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Park Life wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:17 pm I believe 1731
Thanks Steve!
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:46 pm Can't say I'm surprised anymore.
We'll be lucky to get in the playoffs the way we're going
🔔 end
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Somehow we've come out of today better off than we started it in (excluding Ebbsfleet, I've already accepted that they've won it).

It was looking very bad at HT with us being a goal down and by the sounds of commentary had a very poor half. The 2nd half sounded a lot more positive and especially in the last 15 minutes sounded like if there was to be a winner it would've been us. I'm never going to complain about an away point in a derby match, form goes out of the window and anything can happen.

With Chelmsford, Havant and Worthing all losing today I definitely don't consider it a bad weekend. Getting points when we're not at our best is important and we've done that today.

Looking forward to reading the comments from those at the match and of course Dowse's interview.

Onto Chippenham next week, looking forward already to being back at Princes Park and hopefully get back to winning ways.
KentC

Post by KentC »

I notice on Axzees goal the welling players didn’t celebrate until the Lino gave it.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

First half was terrible. Second half we woke up and could have gone on to win it .

Both our goals were well taken and here they are 🙂

Charlie Sheringham scores Dartford’s1st goal v Welling

Napa scores a loverly curling shot to equalise for Dartford and earn a point
danson7park

Post by danson7park »

I thought the Ball hit the underside of the Bar at real speed and came down over the line, all so quick but in saying that there is absolutely no way the Linesman was up with play to look across and say goal, he has too be looking at it from an angle behind play.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

rambo

Post by rambo »

BAWArmy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:50 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:48 pm
BAWArmy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:46 pm Can't say I'm surprised anymore.
We'll be lucky to get in the playoffs the way we're going
The half wit is back.🤡

UpTheDarts
Am I wrong though? Worthing will soon catch us, as will others.
For what’s it’s worth I think you are a darts fan and always have done. Initially I thought you were funny and delighted in shoeing your mates the responses to your wind up messages. However you are now very boring and predictable. You need to shut your gob and re register in a different name if you want to start making genuine posts as a fan and not be a wind up merchant
rambo

Post by rambo »

We didn’t get a chance to attack much in the first half as welling pushed us back , they were at home this was expected. we defended well but somehow we were totally asleep for the first goal
We were easily thd better team in the second half and could easily have won it at the end when we created a great chance
I really like napa as I think it’s good to have a player in the team with flare and tricks and that is certainly what he does
Someone said today was a good day for us bearing in mind other results and I totally agree
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

First half Welling were the better side and imo could have been further in front. We hardly won any 50/50's and seemed off the pace so at HT i was quite concerned.
Second half we came out with more purpose and determination and equalised in a good opening period where we were on top. They then went 2-1 up after some poor defending before we came again and got the equaliser. We could even have won it at the end but on the balance of play a draw probably about right.
Credit to the players because i thought they showed character and belief in the second half so hopefully we can build on this and go on another good run.
Surprised how Welling looked a bit nervy at times in the second half and being the home team why they did a bit of time wasting at the end.
As for their second goal, i said at the time the linesman looked quite a way down the pitch so the ball must have been well over the line for him to make such a big call, the highlights will be interesting....

Seeing how the other results went it's not been a bad day.

MOTM for me - Jernade Meade.

Thanks for the goals Kev and a good interview from Dowse.

COYD
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match report by Chris Palmer

Dartford came from behind twice to earn a hard-fought draw at rivals Welling United, as second-half goals from Charlie Sheringham and Malachi Napa ensured that the points were shared at Park View Road.

The first forty-five was a frustrating one for Dartford, as Welling rushed out of the blocks with confidence. Such was the Wings’ high press that Tom Bonner had to rally his troops to defend strongly for long periods.

Yet, despite earning their first corner within four minutes, it took until the 12th minute for the hosts to test goalkeeper Dan Wilks. Kodi Lyons-Foster was the man to register the first attempt on target, when his header from a corner was saved by the Dartford number one.

The goalkeeper was then called into action seconds later when a failed attempt to clear the danger resulted with Taylor Maloney’s long-range drive also being saved by Wilks.

As tempers began to flair, we saw the first yellow cards of the game be given by referee Mr Stephan Parkinson. First to go into his book was Welling’s Stefan Payne (14), before Jack Smith also saw yellow after he was late on Maloney (16).

The hosts came close once again before the game was halted due a medical emergency in one of the stands. First-half troublemaker Medy Elito was causing problems on the Welling left-flank, and it was his effort that was eventually cleared off the line by the Dartford defence (17).

The Wings came close again via Ade Azeez, after he’d got on the end of Aaron Powell’s cross, but could only watch as his header smacked off of Dan Wilks’ upright in the 30th minute.

Having soaked up a majority of the pressure, the visitors did manage to venture forward and came close themselves via Connor Essam. Unfortunately, the defender couldn’t quite find the target with an acrobatic kick (36). But, just as the Darts looked to be growing into the game, they found themselves behind…

The goal arrived in the 43rd minute and, to be honest, it was a peach of a goal too. Having won a corner, Taylor Maloney found Stefan Payne, who then sent the ball into the path of George Alexander. The latter connected beautifully with a bicycle kick to fire the hosts into the lead right before the break.

Dartford re-entered the pitch fired up for the second-half, and they didn’t have to wait too long before they found the back of the net themselves. A brilliant attacking move saw Kodi Lyons-Foster forced into making the block, but the ball found Charlie Sheringham, who fired in the rebound to pull his side level (53).

Samir Carruthers came close three minutes later, but the talismanic midfielder couldn’t keep his effort down and, three minutes after that saw the pendulum swing back into the Wings’ favour.

A swift attack saw Ade Azeez beat the offside trap and, with only Dan Wilks to beat, the ex-Dartford striker smashed the ball in off the crossbar. There were serious doubts as to whether the ball actually crossed the line, but Mr Parkinson gave the goal regardless, much to the anger of many Dartford players (59)!

Two minutes previous to the hosts retaking the lead, Alan Dowson had made his first substitution of the afternoon. That moment had seen Malachi Napa come on to replace Jamar Loza in the 57th minute. Dartford’s other changes in personnel would see Luke Allen replace Jack Smith (70) and Pierre Fonkeu coming on for Luke Coulson (78).

Meanwhile, in the opposite dugout, Welling would replace George Alexander with Dylan Gavin (69) and Amadou Kassarate came on Ade Azeez (87).

As we return to the action, and with the game precariously poised, a great Welling attack found Gavin inside the Dartford box, only for a superb Tom Bonner challenge prevent the substitute from scoring what looked like a certain goal (76)!

It appeared that the tide had turned more towards the visitors from then on, as they searched for the equaliser. And, as they pressed forward with intent, a superb piece of play was rewarded in the 82nd minute. Samir Carruthers ripped open the Welling defence with a terrific ball, and Malachi Napa capped the move off with a delightful strike which curled into the far corner, leaving Myles Roberts with no chance!

From that point on, the Darts were in full control as they set about nicking all three points. They came close once again when Carruthers found Pierre Fonkeu, but the substitute couldn’t quite find the target on this occasion (90+1) and the points were shared in the end.

The result has put to bed Dartford’s two-game losing streak, and sees them maintain second position in the National League South table.

TEAMS

WELLING UNITED: Myles Roberts, Robert Howard, Medy Elito, Kodi Lyons-Foster, Ade Azeez, Stefan Payne, James Dunne (c), Jamie Sendles-White, Taylor Maloney, Aaron Powell, George Alexander.

SUBSTITUTES: Manny Parry, Kyrell Lisbie, Dylan Gavin, Amadou Kassarate, Kai McKenzie-Lyle.

DARTFORD: Dan Wilks, Jordan Wynter, Samir Carruthers, Connor Essam, Tom Bonner (c), Luke Coulson, Jamar Loza, Maxwell Statham, Jack Smith, Charlie Sheringham, Jernade Meade.

SUBSTITUTES: Kristian Campbell, Luke Allen, Keiran Murtagh, Pierre Fonkeu, Malachi Napa.

By Chris Palmer
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Also, I hope the fan that had the medical incident was OK if anyone can confirm. The commentators couldn't work out what had happened and not much else was said once the game was resumed.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Spike

Post by Spike »

Darts started the game with the lethargometer (were such a thing to exist), cranked all the way up to 11. Even the most ardent Dartford fan would have to concede that Welling had the upper hand in the first half and deserved their half-time lead and at that point it looked like we were heading for a third consecutive defeat. However, things slowly improved for Darts in the second half and even more so after Napa came on. I have no idea whether Welling's second goal actually crossed the line so I can't argue about it, but I'm pretty confident that, given where he was standing, the linesman who gave it didn't know either. I don't disagree with Welling manager Warren Feeney when he said that the ball spun backwards after bouncing, but so what? That doesn't tell us anything about whether or not it crossed the line. Truth is we will never know. Anyway, the goal was given, the game went on and as it neared it's conclusion Welling were left hanging on for the draw and we could so easily have nicked it. Feeney described it as a "great game of football", which only further calls into question his judgement with regards to the goal line incident. Not one of our better performances but the lads dug deep and managed to graft their way to a respectable point which, thanks to the other results, was enough to make this a fairly good day overall.