Alan Dowson Midweek Update - 19/01/23

Park Life

Alan Dowson Midweek Update - 19/01/23

Post by Park Life »

Skip

Re: Alan Dowson Midweek Update - 19/01/23

Post by Skip »

Really enjoyed listening to Dowse. The bloke is absolutely spot on with his vision and mentality for what this club could and should achieve. The fact that we are currently mixing it with well funded Ebbsfleet and Havant is testament to Dowse’s ability to build sides that challenge at the top end of the table. I thought we’d be in a play off spot but being joint top has exceeded my expectations. Let’s hope we can maintain this form.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Mark Sweet

Re: Alan Dowson Midweek Update - 19/01/23

Post by Mark Sweet »

Another fantastic interview from Dowse. The important part for me was acknowledging that we do need re inforcements and a bit of depth but hes not going to go overboard and risk disrupting the atmosphere of the squad that have got us in the position we are.

He's spot on with what he says about us being in a great position and maybe just a reminder that we shouldn't get too carried away as Ebbsfleet and Havant are clearly on a far larger budget.

I much prefer these interviews to the ones post match when emotions are extremely high and things may not come across as intended, although as Dowse said he knows what he's doing in them when he mentions specific players/positions.