Charlie Sheringham (Sub)
No votes
Pierre Fonkeu (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 21

Tony H

Re: Dartford v Hemel Hempstead Town Sat 14 Jan 2023

Post by Tony H »

After our excellent Christmas period and a solid win last week to start the year with I felt we were in with a good shout for the title BUT a run of consistency, required of any title winning side, is essential to sustain that challenge. The scrap for the title may very well be a 4 horse race between us, Ebbsfleet, H&W and possibly also Chelmsford but our defeat yesterday has clearly weakened our our plight despite stil sitting clear by 3 points at the top.

We can still win this campaign but need players in to strengthen a slim looking squad that should include the recall of Dan Roberts 🙏, and a run of good results (again) starting next Saturday.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Of course we want to win the league but even after embarrassing the bottle jobs of Ebsfl££t they still have the ability to win every game now even if they’re over paid pathetic wimps.

With the disgusting amount of money they’ve wasted on mercenarys and little snowflakes I think coming second would be a brilliant achievement for us and a massive advantage going into the playoffs.
Long way to go still
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Not a game to bother commenting on really with such a poor performance with us just giving the ball away when trying to complete the final passes or lumping it up field for no one to win.
Alex as someone else commented back to him early season performances today pulling shirts falling over and reluctant to jump and win the ball then eventually getting booked for persistent fouling.
I don't blame or criticise the referee as you get some good some bad and so I can only blame the team as a whole for the result as apart from the good free kick and Connors well taken goal plus he hit the post from another header we didn't have a shot on goal to test King and he seemed to enjoy his repour with the fans behind the goal which was good to see and hear.
We were due a game like this to bring us back down to earth after recent results and with the players looking tired and injuries plus a need to try and possibly get new signings to top the squad up lets forget this one and move on to next week and another home game.
A good attendance today with Hemel only bringing a few fans so hopefully this performance will not put off any new or neutral fans that visited and we can show them a better performance next week.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Oh dear......

Poor performance all round as we seemed to lack the intensity we showed in recent matches.
I cant recall a game where so many players had an off day.

IMO squad is very light on numbers to mount a serious title challenge so hopefully Dowse will add to it as he mentioned in his interview to keep us in the race.

Very decent crowd today considering the time of year so a real disappointment we couldn't maintain our good run.

MOTM an easy choice, Connor Essam. He was the only player to come out of the game with any credit.
Last edited by Park Life on Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

What a shame a good run come's to an end like that. Performance not good from the manager's account or from a lot of people on here. Unlucky on the third with the deflection. And with Fleet winning it puts things back in the their and Havants court again.
Still, never mind, shit happens. Need a response next week to maintain some pressure on those two. Reverting back to our topsy turvy season when putting a run together. The arsewipe get's it right and he should know. :lol:
Let's hope we push on next week. COYD's
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Couldnt make the game but disappointed we lost , I still continue to believe that [ realistically] we are a play of team ] with the current [ thin] squad as I cant see Dowse bringing in at least 4 players to give us a fighting chance of winning the league

Not whinging just being realistic !!!!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

Admittedly, Hemel are a much better side than the last time I saw them, but sometimes you just have to hold up your hands and acknowledge when you've had a bad day at the office. On the day, the best team won.

Connor Essam MOTM.