Pierre Fonkeu (Sub)
No votes
Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 53

BRASSNECK

Re: Dartford v Ebbsfleet Sun 1 Jan 2023 @ 3pm

Post by BRASSNECK »

Stuart wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:05 pm What a Christmas break. This was an even better present than socks and Lynx Africa.
New Ebbsfleet Lynx with the hint of stuffing.🤣
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Considering the boxing day result, I fully expected a completely different scoreline today. Perhaps a far more cagey affair?!

How glad I was to be proved wrong. Top performance today from all, a joy to watch. We got lucky not to concede a couple of times, but the defence and keeper kept the ball out, to their credit. But we took our chances very well, with lots of nice attacking play and set peices.

The festive results have opened the league up for sure, but I think douse will have the experience needed to guide the squad, and be in the mix at the end of the season.

Oddly I overheard a couple of there fans saying a number of times at 1-nil, "they came for their 1-nil, and got it". At the time I felt confident that a second was on the cards. Had to laugh to myself, even better at 4-nil.

Cant recall such a return of points /goals, against out old foes in one season. But this one will take some beating, let's hope it spurs us on to the next level, in our remaining games.

COYDs
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Our last three results have been excellent so credit to Dowse and the lads, been a really enjoyable period and no reason we can't celebrate.
However in some ways we now have tougher games ahead as while the motivation for the top of the table clashes is always there, games such as next weeks at Cheshunt must be approached in the right frame of mind as they are on a good run and now we're top we are there to be shot at.

As for todays game, as expected it was a lot harder than boxing day and we had to defend well at the start of the second half but i always felt we would get chances as they don't look particularly solid at the back when put under pressure or on the counter attack. Once the second goal went in they looked a beaten side and towards the end they did look as if they had given up, so whilst they may have some good players they don't have the same team spirit or desire as us.

A good all round team performance as we were clinical in front of goal, solid at the back and ran out deserved winners again.

MOTM is very tough but agree with earlier posts it's between Dan and Tom. Just gave it to Tom as he again showed what a great captain he is.

Excellent crowd today and nice to see both sets of fans sharing our great facilities ;) ;)

COYD
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Normally I wait till next day before posting on the game but had to add my two penny worth tonight!
Webbedfeet were only slightly less shite than they were on Monday but they showed;
No bottle
No fight
No tactics
No defensive ability
No oganisation
No leadership !!
Keep this up & they will struggle to make the playoffs!!
They do indeed seem to get battered wherever they go!!
COYD.
Let’s go for the title!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

I don't know how true it is, but I was told last week that Dennis Kutrieb's pre-match team talk included comments to the effect that Dartford are an average team in a false position ... I don't know if you can trust such rumours but I do hope it's true, LOL. Herr Kutrieb did seem a little more humble than last week in today's interview though so I guess that he is starting to feel the pressure after 7 defeats in 9 games. That is an appalling run for any team, let alone the title favourites, so perhaps it is dawning on him that he can't just keep calling it a blip. Other than hinting that they once had the ball over our line (which they didn't), he didn't even blame everything on the referee this week. It truly bizarre how a team can be so good for such a long time and then suddenly start to fall apart. It will be very interesting to see where they go from here.

I wish I'd worn my T-Shirt.

Silverado

Post by Silverado »

Socks and Lynx Africa? You too? :D
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Unbelievable result but our team wanted it and they folded. Alex Wall again a thorn in their side. Great to see a big crowd in Princes Park, lets keep it going.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

rick wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:29 pm
A man fighting to save his job, but god he talks a lot of shit!
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

A brilliant result much to my surprise at the start of the game as I expected them to come at us with a revised game plan but we got the early goal and could have had a couple more and with a solid defence and the understanding between Wilksey and Tom back to its best. (I just went for Tom over Dan)
I agree about the poor refereeing and no protection for Alex as he was being penalised for fouls by their defenders and once he was booked they were throwing themselves down at every opportunity to get him sent off.
I was relieved once Charlie came on as his replacement and more goals came along and with it at 3-0 with only extra time to come I said to The Duke I would just like one more and got my wish what a fantastic result 4-0.
Well done to the whole team the manager and the fans for giving us two matches over the Christmas period that will be remembered for a long time to come.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

I'm sure a few among us rolled their eyes when I said pre boxing day that those 6 points were achievable and boy did we eh, with aplomb.
No class from anyone connected with Ebbsfleet to give us any credit at all.
We have set a high standard now, must kick on.
Enjoying these last 3 results, great times!
Happy New Year y'all
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

KentC

Post by KentC »

I gave Tom MOM but our keeper is fantastic. Makes very difficult technicals look very easy and he’s also a very good shot stopper .
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I’m still pinching myself. When they had that period of dominance in the second half with the score 1-0 I was a tad concerned. Then where the feck did what followed come from?! I too thought the Webbed Feet would come at us today. But not for just fifteen minutes. Blimey, we have made them look very ordinary over two games. I can see them losing many more to be honest. Havant might be our problem from now on. Tom Bonner, step forward for another of my MOTM awards. Just nicked it in front of Wilksy, who I’m delighted to see back in the sticks. No, between the sticks. He lives in the sticks!
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Wilks got my vote. A lot of what Ebbsfleet dealt us was straight down Dan’s throat, but it all needs dealing with resolutely and on top of that I felt his distribution was good.
They will be many ladies out there quietly seething as their other halves have just enjoyed the best Christmas ever thanks to eight wonderful presents served up by the DFC boys and commander Dowson. The crush behind the goal as we scored the second, third and fourth was crazy. One fella right at the front got the hump at 3-0 which would have been understandable, but it had already happened once and there is a certain inevitability of this under the circumstances.

In terms of form, Saturday’s short trip to Cheshunt will offer a far sterner challenge than that of our sorry local rivals and their beleaguered führer. Win that one and we might just be top at the end of this month too, then who knows?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

When Dan Wilks was absent both loan keepers did a good job for us but him coming back has been a real plus ,he is class and I hope he stays injury free as he is key for us the remainder of this season
IF he dont get promoted I hope he gets a move to Conference Premier [minimum] as he is a top class keeper !!!!!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Would just like to say how classy I thought we were off the pitch yesterday as we were on it! No segregation can work if it’s organised as well as it was yesterday. Well done to those at the club that made it work 👏👏
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:56 am Would just like to say how classy I thought we were off the pitch yesterday as we were on it! No segregation can work if it’s organised as well as it was yesterday. Well done to those at the club that made it work 👏👏
Agree 100% Tony, well organised off the pitch and our visitors even had the luxury of running water in the toilets ;) ;)

As for the ticketing, i believe we had sold around 2900 when the ticket line closed so credit again to the club for making last minute arrangements to get the extra 400+ in.
Last edited by Park Life on Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Looking back on the game our players adapted really well as £bbsfl££t changed their tactics completely from Boxing Day. They played two big centre backs to try and contain Wall & Sheringham (which failed) and they also tried a more direct approach playing long (especially to their wide right number 2 i think) but Kristian dealt with him well and we limited them to hardly any decent attempts on goal. It will be interesting to see how they approach their next few games and what style/formation Kutireb will ask them to play as to change so much in such a short space of time was a big gamble which didn't pay off.

Dowse now has the job of keeping the players in the right frame of mind for the tricky game coming at Cheshunt.

COYD
Last edited by Park Life on Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Park Life wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:39 pm
Tony H wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:56 am Would just like to say how classy I thought we were off the pitch yesterday as we were on it! No segregation can work if it’s organised as well as it was yesterday. Well done to those at the club that made it work 👏👏
Agree 100% Tony, well organised off the pitch and our visitors even had the luxury of running water in the toilets ;) ;)

As for the ticketing, i believe we had sold around 2900 when the ticket line closed so credit again to the club for making last minute arrangements to get the extra 400+ in.
There’s lots other clubs could learn from us. Great club to support!
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

I left just after the final whistle and was parked close to the car park slope and get on to it quickly but a delay to start with moving down but was passed by several policemen and once they got organised we were able to move quicker down the slope.
It did not become apparent until I got close to the lights where the police were overriding all the traffic lights and allowing numerous cars to move out of Darenth Road and get away including myself.
I'm not aware of any problems inside the ground except for the walk to the other end at half time so well done to them for their good work.