Pierre Fonkeu (Sub)
No votes
Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 53

KentC

Re: Dartford v Ebbsfleet Sun 1 Jan 2023 @ 3pm

Post by KentC »

According to their manager on KOL it’s fine margins and we should have had a player sent off. Shame he missed just how many wrong decisions went their way and how much falling over they were doing cheating to get our players booked. Maybe he should be concerned with his mercenarys bottling it yet again. They let their supporters down again.

Out thought
Out fought
No heart
No desire

They’re an embarrassment to their club and the polar opposite of our players and club
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Who cares what their manager says.
If they don't get promoted he will be on his way.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Tony H wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:56 pm
Park Life wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:39 pm
Tony H wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:56 am Would just like to say how classy I thought we were off the pitch yesterday as we were on it! No segregation can work if it’s organised as well as it was yesterday. Well done to those at the club that made it work 👏👏
Agree 100% Tony, well organised off the pitch and our visitors even had the luxury of running water in the toilets ;) ;)

As for the ticketing, i believe we had sold around 2900 when the ticket line closed so credit again to the club for making last minute arrangements to get the extra 400+ in.
There’s lots other clubs could learn from us. Great club to support!

Plenty of young lads behind the goal, no trouble just great support. Club take note.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I hate to swallow pride but feel I need to . Thought Kingie was treated badly and thought Howsons start was embarrassing with the karaoke and trying so hard to be nice, then the cup defeats and thought karma is a wonderful thing. I live in dartford and have seen( as have grandchildren) a amazing attitude towards girls football, the women have been amazing role models , and the men led by dartford Bonner have lit the town. Spike, Parklife etc , I got it wrong , hope to see u soon.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Lennylenny wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:20 pm I hate to swallow pride but feel I need to . Thought Kingie was treated badly and thought Howsons start was embarrassing with the karaoke and trying so hard to be nice, then the cup defeats and thought karma is a wonderful thing. I live in dartford and have seen( as have grandchildren) a amazing attitude towards girls football, the women have been amazing role models , and the men led by dartford Bonner have lit the town. Spike, Parklife etc , I got it wrong , hope to see u soon.
What a top post . 👏👏👏
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Lennylenny wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:20 pm I hate to swallow pride but feel I need to . Thought Kingie was treated badly and thought Howsons start was embarrassing with the karaoke and trying so hard to be nice, then the cup defeats and thought karma is a wonderful thing. I live in dartford and have seen( as have grandchildren) a amazing attitude towards girls football, the women have been amazing role models , and the men led by dartford Bonner have lit the town. Spike, Parklife etc , I got it wrong , hope to see u soon.
I'll admit i didn't think the squad was strong enough and hoped we'd finish in the play offs so i apologised to Dowse yesterday as he has this group of players performing consistently, with a great team spirit and a knack of finding ways to win games in all circumstances.

We are carrying a few injuries at the moment (Sam, Alex and Luke) so we may need some reinforcements as cover as we don't know what will happen for the remainder of the season, but I'm confident we will be right in the mix and at the very least achieve my pre season expectations.

The atmosphere around the club is really good Lenny and i'm quite happy for you to buy us all a beer as a way of an apology :lol: :lol:

COYD
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Karaoke was great team bonding and Dowsons man managedment is second to none unlike the so called Messiah. :lol:
JW Dart

Post by JW Dart »

So good to do the double in such convincing style over our neighbours who were for such a long time odds on favourites for promotion. To a certain extent they probably still are but I’d much rather have the points than games in hand. The yellow cards issued by the one sided referee were a bit of a worry during the match and hope these won’t set us back in the next few weeks. On to Chesham, let’s keep the momentum going.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

JW Dart wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:21 pm On to Chesham, let’s keep the momentum going.
Are you Park Life in disguise? :lol: It's Cheshunt.
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

A Very Happy New Year indeed! It's been quite rare over recent years to see the team perform when we have a big match crowd, and I have a black and blue bruised finger from so much clapping yesterday.
Until yesterday I'd picked the wrong matches to attend this season, with more losses than wins seen, and after the disappointments of trips to Taunton, Chippenham, Farnborough and the humiliating 4-0 Trophy loss at Swindon Supermarine, to beat the ex-runaway leaders twice with an 8-1 combined score, and to see where we are both in the table, is quite unbelievable.
Alex has been a sudden revelation over the last 3 matches with strength and motivation, and Tom and Connor continue to use their experience to command at the back (we do need a back-up central defender in case of injury or suspension though). Kristian slotted in so well in Sam's absence, with Jordan underrated in front of the defence helping pass through to Samir and Jack to release the forwards. MOM could have been one of several, but I went for Jack Smith for his calm quick interventions and passing skills, which allowed Napa and Coulson to attack down the wings. Luke has at times been rather anonymous, so it was good to see him impose himself. Also good to see us continuing to attack after the second goal and exploit the Fleet's falling apart defence, with the reward of Charlie's bullet header, and what was Connor doing up there to glance the 4th in the final minutes?
With matches against some "lesser" teams coming up, let's hope we can keep up the same level of intensity and motivation to, perhaps, make it an even happier 2023.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Sleightly Deceptive, I know you say that Havant are our problem now. I think you meant WE are their's now, as we have now made it a three horse race. As for Lennylenny wanting to show his face again at Princes Park because we've suddenly shot to the top of the table after beating the top two in the last three games. And also finding out that Dowson may be a bit of a clown but seems to know what he's doing, the least you can do is make sure you get his name right when posting.
I too was disappointed when King was shown the door, but once a Dart's supporter, always a Dart's supporter. Think you have a bit of gall but you may have grown a backbone despite it. :o
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I never doubted Dowse from the start having followed him during his Hampton &R and Woking days so no need for me to seek atonement , he has proved over many many years that he is a real football man and his successes were there to be seen !!!!
Rather than start a new thread , so slightly of topic " Gloucester Citys money man has announced he is pulling out at end of season and his most recent contribution is personally [ as a donation not a loan] paying the £40 grand wages for the players this month , could be another Manager on the way out ,
shame ??????????????

ALSO Maidstone lost today , been a really good week end !!!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:57 pm Sleightly Deceptive, I know you say that Havant are our problem now. I think you meant WE are their's now, as we have now made it a three horse race. As for Lennylenny wanting to show his face again at Princes Park because we've suddenly shot to the top of the table after beating the top two in the last three games. And also finding out that Dowson may be a bit of a clown but seems to know what he's doing, the least you can do is make sure you get his name right when posting.
I too was disappointed when King was shown the door, but once a Dart's supporter, always a Dart's supporter. Think you have a bit of gall but you may have grown a backbone despite it. :o
Huh?
Skip

Post by Skip »

A big, big thank you to Dowse and the players for delivering the most comprehensive 6 point haul and combined 8-1 goal crushing of our oldest local rivals. A rivalry that stretches back a hundred or so years and throughout that time the home team has often held sway. So to annihilate them at there partially refurbed muck heap and then follow it up with another 6 days later, at our rather more hospitable home, was beyond my wildest dreams. Dowse and his back room team are a wily combination and, despite the millions that Ebbsfleet is splashing on its playing squad, has shown that there is no replacement for an experienced manager that has won titles and promotion at all levels to the National League.

Yes, we are only just over half way through the league fixtures but in that time Dowse has developed a massive team spirit from the experienced campaigners of last season and added some DFC academy lads into the mix. Not only that but he has also dabbled very effectively in the loan market with Jack Smith showing what a quality player he is. This season we are a formidable outfit at home and is a significant reason why we currently sit proudly atop the league. Yes, there is a long way to go but we are certainly in the title race as long as we continue to compete with the same energy and do not suffer any major injuries we’ll be in with a shout come May.

Up the Darts!
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Skip

Post by Skip »

The Duke wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:44 pm I never doubted Dowse from the start having followed him during his Hampton &R and Woking days so no need for me to seek atonement , he has proved over many many years that he is a real football man and his successes were there to be seen !!!!
Rather than start a new thread , so slightly of topic " Gloucester Citys money man has announced he is pulling out at end of season and his most recent contribution is personally [ as a donation not a loan] paying the £40 grand wages for the players this month , could be another Manager on the way out ,
shame ??????????????

ALSO Maidstone lost today , been a really good week end !!!
Maidstone and Ebbsfleet getting doubled over Christmas. Perfect!
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Enjoy:-

Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

I was there but I just had to see those highlights again :lol: :lol: :lol:
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Men v Boys yet again!!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Just watched the highlights and we played some quality football and looked like we completely tore Ebbsfleet apart.

Superb stuff with some very well taken goals.

Loving this.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Absolutely brilliant. What I did miss at the match was the fact that Luke Coulson chipped in with three assists - what a signing he has been and hope he keeps fit. Great all round team performance of course so hoping we can build on this.

COYD