Pierre Fonkeu (Sub)
No votes
Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 53

ozymandias

Re: Dartford v Ebbsfleet Sun 1 Jan 2023 @ 3pm

Post by ozymandias »

Sleightly Deceptive, I know you say that Havant are our problem now. I think you meant WE are their's now, as we have now made it a three horse race. As for Lennylenny wanting to show his face again at Princes Park because we've suddenly shot to the top of the table after beating the top two in the last three games. And also finding out that Dowson may be a bit of a clown but seems to know what he's doing, the least you can do is make sure you get his name right when posting.
I too was disappointed when King was shown the door, but once a Dart's supporter, always a Dart's supporter. Think you have a bit of gall but you may have grown a backbone despite it. :o
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I never doubted Dowse from the start having followed him during his Hampton &R and Woking days so no need for me to seek atonement , he has proved over many many years that he is a real football man and his successes were there to be seen !!!!
Rather than start a new thread , so slightly of topic " Gloucester Citys money man has announced he is pulling out at end of season and his most recent contribution is personally [ as a donation not a loan] paying the £40 grand wages for the players this month , could be another Manager on the way out ,
shame ??????????????

ALSO Maidstone lost today , been a really good week end !!!
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

ozymandias wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:57 pm Sleightly Deceptive, I know you say that Havant are our problem now. I think you meant WE are their's now, as we have now made it a three horse race. As for Lennylenny wanting to show his face again at Princes Park because we've suddenly shot to the top of the table after beating the top two in the last three games. And also finding out that Dowson may be a bit of a clown but seems to know what he's doing, the least you can do is make sure you get his name right when posting.
I too was disappointed when King was shown the door, but once a Dart's supporter, always a Dart's supporter. Think you have a bit of gall but you may have grown a backbone despite it. :o
Huh?
Skip

Post by Skip »

A big, big thank you to Dowse and the players for delivering the most comprehensive 6 point haul and combined 8-1 goal crushing of our oldest local rivals. A rivalry that stretches back a hundred or so years and throughout that time the home team has often held sway. So to annihilate them at there partially refurbed muck heap and then follow it up with another 6 days later, at our rather more hospitable home, was beyond my wildest dreams. Dowse and his back room team are a wily combination and, despite the millions that Ebbsfleet is splashing on its playing squad, has shown that there is no replacement for an experienced manager that has won titles and promotion at all levels to the National League.

Yes, we are only just over half way through the league fixtures but in that time Dowse has developed a massive team spirit from the experienced campaigners of last season and added some DFC academy lads into the mix. Not only that but he has also dabbled very effectively in the loan market with Jack Smith showing what a quality player he is. This season we are a formidable outfit at home and is a significant reason why we currently sit proudly atop the league. Yes, there is a long way to go but we are certainly in the title race as long as we continue to compete with the same energy and do not suffer any major injuries we’ll be in with a shout come May.

Up the Darts!
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Skip

Post by Skip »

The Duke wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:44 pm I never doubted Dowse from the start having followed him during his Hampton &R and Woking days so no need for me to seek atonement , he has proved over many many years that he is a real football man and his successes were there to be seen !!!!
Rather than start a new thread , so slightly of topic " Gloucester Citys money man has announced he is pulling out at end of season and his most recent contribution is personally [ as a donation not a loan] paying the £40 grand wages for the players this month , could be another Manager on the way out ,
shame ??????????????

ALSO Maidstone lost today , been a really good week end !!!
Maidstone and Ebbsfleet getting doubled over Christmas. Perfect!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Enjoy:-

Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

I was there but I just had to see those highlights again :lol: :lol: :lol:
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Men v Boys yet again!!
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Just watched the highlights and we played some quality football and looked like we completely tore Ebbsfleet apart.

Superb stuff with some very well taken goals.

Loving this.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Absolutely brilliant. What I did miss at the match was the fact that Luke Coulson chipped in with three assists - what a signing he has been and hope he keeps fit. Great all round team performance of course so hoping we can build on this.

COYD
Skip

Post by Skip »

Pedro wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:59 am Absolutely brilliant. What I did miss at the match was the fact that Luke Coulson chipped in with three assists - what a signing he has been and hope he keeps fit. Great all round team performance of course so hoping we can build on this.

COYD
Not only this game but a number of other games where Luke’s corners and free kicks have provided several assists. Having rewatched both Ebbsfleet highlights I couldn’t resist the Welling match when that popped up too! He seems to be settling into the style that Dowse has imposed on his team and we are seeing the benefits on a more frequent basis now. Also a mention for Max Statham whose goal line clearance was crucial in maintaining our 1-0 lead and Kris Campbell who did a great job after a long absence from the starting XI.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Fleet couldn't defend at Cufflink and couldn't at Princes Park. Smithy and Campbell ably filling in for injuries and it looks as though we just carried on from Boxing Day. We were FAR better than the crowd down the road. :D
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Their forum is an interesting read at the moment!!
Taxi for Beachy Head anyone??
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

M1 South wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:04 am Their forum is an interesting read at the moment!!
Taxi for Beachy Head anyone??
They are putting on coaches to Beachy Head.....
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Well ,I go back to the 1950s with these Derby games against Gravesend & Northfleet (that was their title on them days.)
I am happy to be corrected but I don't remember an aggregate of 8-1 for both games.
There is a long way to go but I do like what Dowse and his coaching team have brought to the club.
It goes without saying but there is a different atmosphere around our club imo.
Our squad are playing without fear and long may it continue.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Ozymardis, thank u for acknowledging I have a backbone , I think it’s always been there in 40 years of following non leauge football and the Albion, which at times was worse than non league. In my post where did it say I want to go Princes park again because of a few wins ? I’ve read my post but can’t see it .Once a dartford fan , always a dartford fan? I hope that’s right as I will always be a albion fan, but I have never been a dartford fan , in fact I probably with the likes of white hawk been to dartford games wanting them to lose. I was a Steve king fan and have watched him at every club he has been to in management, it was sheer coincidence I married a dartford girl as he got the dartford job. I thought he was treated badly , but it turns out ( the point of my post) I was wrong and with grandchildren in dartford have seen how well the ladies encourage the girls and how dartford under Jewson( whoops) have become a community club again and the town is buzzing. If dartford go up they need to attract more people , I’m now view dartford as my home town and as Parklife will tell u , spend a few quid , sponsoring horses, raffles , behind the bar, with my wife and grandchildren I suspect I spend with getting in, burgers etc a right few quid , so u should be hoping I return and I will when it suits me not for any glory hunting status xxx
Dart Mark

Post by Dart Mark »

Is it me or does the referee move his head in a way of disappointment when Sheringham scores. Thought I spotted it the first time I watched and had to replay it. I'm not sure
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Probably at Webbedfeet’s horrendous defending yes!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Hey Lennylenny, nice to hear from you. I must admit I didn't get the gist of your post and as Parky would be the first to tell you I often get things wrong. But it was a bit vague.
So, Happy New Year to you, life's too short.
COYD's
Spike

Post by Spike »

Lennylenny wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:20 pm I hate to swallow pride but feel I need to . Thought Kingie was treated badly and thought Howsons start was embarrassing with the karaoke and trying so hard to be nice, then the cup defeats and thought karma is a wonderful thing. I live in dartford and have seen( as have grandchildren) a amazing attitude towards girls football, the women have been amazing role models , and the men led by dartford Bonner have lit the town. Spike, Parklife etc , I got it wrong , hope to see u soon.
Good on you Lenny. Welcome back.