Keiran Murtagh (Sub)
No votes
Pierre Fonkeu (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 34

Ajaxman DFC

Re: Ebbsfleet v Dartford Mon 26 Dec 2022 at 3pm

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Fantastic result. Wished I was there. Already purchased my e-ticket for New Years Day.
Found myself following the game in the pub instead.
Although that was a joke as last orders was 4pm despite more customers arriving 20 minutes beforehand.
I even bought the Welsh lackie behind the bar a pint at 4pm.
The cheeky bugger was soon signaling me to drink up 20 minutes later however, as the larger than life publican returned to the pub and settled himself down in his own private bar, where no doubt the lackie jouned him for a session afterwards.
Anyone who knows me will know which pub I'm talking about.
It comes to something when you emerge out into the freezing cold to take refuge in Costa Coffee because the bloody pub is shut.
I'm sorry, but with the unfortunate demise of the likes of the Wig and Gown eminent, the danger of other establishments following suit is partly down to the attitude of the publicans that run them.
Pubs are closing daily at an alarming rate. Coffee shops, despite being comfortable and relaxing environments are more tailored to being used by automatons with laptops.
If you're single and looking for a partner through natural social interaction then the extinction of the public house will put an end to that.
It'll be dating sites only. They will decide who you are compatible with. Not you.
For dating sites, read arranged marraiges. The fact that irrespective of which party he represents, we now have an undemocratically elected Indian Prime Minister is a bit worrying to say the least.
As for the Mayor of London, don't even go there. Especially if you're a tradesman who hasn't been hit bad enough by fuel costs as it is.
Anyway, I hope to see you all at Princes Park for the reverse fixture against our now not quite so noisy neighbours up the road.
If I'm not there however it will just prove that Putin is not the real threat to our once proud nation because, more closer to home, under the unofficial Restriction of Free Speech Act, I've more than likely been abducted by the social workers (formerly known as the Kent Police) at 5am in the morning and removed from society.
Welcome to Brave New World meets Nineteen Eighty Four.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

😂 👏 quality rant!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Make no mistake we thoroughly deserved this win and blew them away in the first 15 minutes.
We were well organised and defensively always seemed to be in the right place at the right time and when we went forward they looked vulnerable every time we got near their goal.
At HT i said I'm pretty sure there will be more goals and if we had taken one of at least 5 or 6 decent chances we created second half it could easily have been 6 or 7, but i'm well pleased with 4 :) :)

They move the ball around well and are pleasing on the eye when they go forward but they lack a physical presence and if things aren't going well they just don't seem to have any plan b, they were still playing across their own penalty box late in the second half when 1-4 down??
It was unlikely they would be able to maintain their great start and a dip in form was always likely to happen (sound familiar) so if we can get another win on New Years Day we could open up a six point gap over them and with only three games in hand the pressure would be well and truly on them.

Confidence must be sky high with our lads as our last two games have been away to the top two teams and to come away with two victories and score seven goals is exceptional.

Just a quick mention for Wilksy, We've had some very good goalkeepers on loan this season but i'm so glad he's back as he gives so much confidence to the defence.

Great to see such a large number of Darts fans there to support the team and witness a well deserved victory.

So many contenders for MOTM. Tom with another Captains performance, they couldn't handle Alex up front but in the end i went for Max Statham, never put a foot wrong all game.

Don't normally drink at home during the week but broke that routine already :D :D

COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Wow, just wow! That was superb! Tactics absolutely spot on! Big, big result that and a run of consistency in the next two months (look at the fixtures!!) could see us challenge strongly for the title.

Tough one to call for MotM as every one of our players were superb. I’m going for Max Statham though - his season for us just gets better and better.

Happy Christmas Darts. See you again on NYD.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Match Report by Chris Palmer

Dartford finished the year in style, after an eleven-minute blitz set them on the way to a massive victory over local rivals Ebbsfleet United at the Kuflink Stadium in front of 2,905 supporters.

To say that the Darts started well is an understatement of epic proportions, such was the intensity with which they kicked-off! And the opening goal went in before anyone was able to put their drinks down, let alone get comfortable!

In-form Samir Carruthers out-muscled and fended off Chris Solly (who was determined to take the Dartford midfielder’s shirt), before finding Luke Allen just inside the Ebbsfleet box with a delightful pass. Allen responded by firing a delicious strike beyond goalkeeper Mark Cousins and into the bottom corner to open the scoring within sixty seconds!

With the hosts shell-shocked and all at sea at the back, a rampant Dartford pressed forward with pace and, putting the defence under intense pressure, it soon crumbled once again. And, it was Alex Wall who was involved this time, as he was proving too hot to handle as he dealt with Solly and Haydn Hollis on this occasion, before feeding the ball towards Luke Coulson. The winger didn’t disappoint either, as he sent another excellent strike beyond the hapless Cousins to double the Darts’ lead after just five minutes.

Despite their two-goal advantage, Alan Dowson’s side showed absolutely no mercy to their rivals and continued to attack in scintillating fashion. And, by the time we reached the eleventh minute, they had secured a 3-0 lead while the rest of us tried to catch our breath.

After another dangerous attack saw Cousins manage to put the ball behind for a corner, the second clearance resulted in a follow-up corner which virtually secured the points in Dartford’s favour. Failure to deal with the set-piece resulted in severe punishment by the boot of Maxwell Statham, who buried the ball from close range to stretch his side’s lead to 3-0 after just eleven minutes played.

The hosts managed to regroup soon afterwards and set about trying to pull themselves back into the game. And, in the 15th minute, they created their first opportunity via top-scorer Dominic Poleon. However, his effort was excellently blocked by defender Connor Essam.

Growing in confidence, Omari Sterling-James and Franklin Domi combined well, before Domi smacked the crossbar with a good effort in the 25th minute. Rakish Bingham soon got involved as well, as he forced Essam into making a late challenge which earned him a yellow card from referee, Miss Kirsty Dowle (35). The resulting free-kick taken by Craig Tanner failed to test goalkeeper Dan Wilks, who was making his return in-between the Dartford sticks after a long period out injured.

Three minutes later saw Wilks called into action for the first time proper, as he palmed away a good effort from the impressive Bingham (38). However, the Darts responded to the Ebbsfleet pressure with a brilliantly timed attack of their own, which saw Alex Wall get on the end of a delightful cross to send his header into the back of the net with just five minutes of the half remaining.

But, Ebbsfleet responded instantly and had pulled a goal back within seconds of the restart to peg the Darts back to 4-1. The goal came via Craig Tanner, who’s excellent strike managed to squeeze through a tiny opening in Wilks’ goal (41).

The second-half began in similar fashion, as both sides looked to press forward as often as possible in what was proving to be one of the games of the season. First, Samir Carruthers found Maxwell Statham with a great ball, only to see Mark Cousins keep the latter’s effort out (48), before Carruthers made a superb interception at the other end to prevent Sterling-James from getting a shot on target (52).

Manager, Alan Dowson, was forced into making an early substitution after Sam Odaudu suffered an injury. He was replaced by the returning Jack Smith after 55 minutes. Dowson’s other changes would include Keiran Murtagh for Samir Carruthers (75) and Pierre Fonkeu for Malachi Napa (82).

The hosts, meanwhile, would swap Christian N’Guessan for Toby Edser on the hour, then Shaq Coulthirst for Franklin Domi (68) and Ben Chapman for Greg Cundle (77).

As we return to the action, Alex Wall dragged a shot narrowly wide of Cousins’ upright (63), before Luke Coulson forced the goalkeeper into a good save in the 66th minute as the visitors threatened to stretch their lead once again.

Alex Wall could have wrapped up the result in style when he received the ball during a brilliant 74th minute counter-attack. Unfortunately, Cousins was alert to the situation, rushed out to close the distance between himself and the striker, before making a fine save to keep his team mathematically in the game.

Yet, when the hosts did venture forwards, they found Dan Wilks in good form at the other end. The Dartford number one saving well from a Sterling-James strike in the 81st minute, as the Darts controlled the remainder of the game to secure a superb victory against their rivals.

The result sees the Darts leapfrog their opponents into first place in the National League South table. And, with a three-point advantage heading into the new year, the return fixture at Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park on New Year’s Day has the potential to be a fierce one indeed.

TEAMS

EBBSFLEET UNITED: Mark Cousins, Luke O’Neill, Omari Sterling-James, Christian N’Guessan, Rakish Bingham, Craig Tanner, Dominic Poleon, Greg Cundle, Franklin Domi, Chris Solly, Haydn Hollis.

SUBSTITUTES: Joe Martin, Sido Jombati, Toby Edser, Ben Chapman, Shaq Coulthirst.

DARTFORD: Dan Wilks, Jordan Wynter, Samir Carruthers, Connor Essam, Tom Bonner (c), Luke Coulson, Luke Allen, Alex Wall, Maxwell Statham, Sam Odaudu, Malachi Napa.

SUBSTITUTES: Keiran Murtagh Davide Rodari, Jack Smith, Pierre Fonkeu, Charlie Sheringham.

By Chris Palmer
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Ajaxman DFC, that was an amazing read! The best place to meet girls is out walking your dog (if you’ve got one). I’m very happily settled with my good lady but, if I wasn’t, we’ll, I meet so many lovely ladies over the fields.

See you at PP on NYD pal.
Skip

Post by Skip »

Thank you, Dowse and the boys. What a way to end the Christmas celebrations with a mahoosive tonking of our fiercest local rivals. I’ve being supporting the Darts for nearly 46 years now and that is only the second league win I’ve seen at Stonebridge Road. We were on it from the first second to the last and could easily have run out 9-3 winners. Let’s hope we’ve kept a few back for NYD! Some cracking performances from Wally, both Luke’s and Samir but the defence also fronted up. The centre backs deliver every week but my MOTM goes with Stath for a goal and assist and some crucial defending and blocks and clearances. Not only that but he slotted in seamlessly at LB when Sam went off injured.

I’ve said it before but Dowse’s team and style remind me of TBs best teams. It’s all about the team spirit with some individual quality thrown in. At the beginning of the season I thought we would achieve a play off spot but performances are suggesting we are as good as any other team in this league despite some eye watering playing budgets at Ebbsfleet and Havant to compete against. Let’s just say I’m looking forward to the remainder of the season starting with the return fixture on NYD.

Come on you Darts!
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Skip

Post by Skip »

Park Life wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 7:33 pm
A great interview with Martin as usual. Hope he’s enjoying the cooler weather since his return from World Cup duties 😁
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
J44

Post by J44 »

Oh my ... I was delighted with the win at H&W (I've spent a few cold, wet Tuesday nights there!).. and what a result that was. But today..... delicious!.. you couldn't make it up... but we did.
Well done isn't in it... but well done.. Everyone.
I was at another game, but was plugged into the radio commentary.. how can I be nervous at 1-4?
I've had a ticket for NYD for a while.. it's not for sale.

(If i lived closer, I'd make it more often)

I've explained the significance of today's result to my wife .. I think she gets it)
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Quality performance across the pitch from the lads. Ebbsfleet were all at sea first half and just could not handle the quality that was running at them. Good defending throughout, couldn't fault one player of ours.
Solly putting balls in row 5 of the stadium, Wall was on him in a flash.
For me Wall was excellent and Statham my MOTM by a country mile. Best Boxing Day ever.
Fleet fans heading for the gates on 70 minutes.
And BAWArmy seeming annoyed by the fact we had Fleet by the curlies from the start of the game. True colours shown.
The young referee had a good game and wasn't swayed by the Hungerford reserves.
Fleet totally outclassed for 80% of the game. Even when they scored it was like their fans were surprised.
A great game for the Club. :D
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

What a first half,a fantastic team performances but for like many other Max was man of the match for me and Alex a close 2nd.
Thought the lady ref had a good game she let some tackles go and was not whistle happy like some we have had.
Typical ebbsfleet moaning about the ref she didn’t fall for their diving antics.🤣
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

M1 South

Post by M1 South »

What a complete twat their manager is!!
3 down at home after 10 x minutes & he blames the officials!! They are full time, with too much money & got battered!!
End of!!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I wonder if ‘The Good Doctor’ as they call him, was there today watching that shite ? Wondering whether to pull his money out now, or wait until the end of the season??
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

Watching the goal tally mount on Flashscores as I carved the lamb helped make up for not being at the ground today. Family commitments have stopped me watching Boxing Day matches for more than twenty year now. It would be nice for a repeat performance on New Years Day as I already have tickets and would love to be part of another big celebration come the final whistle.

Merry Christmas to everybody involved with the club.
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

A great day out at the football, our team were outstanding. The Fleet did tend to commit hari- kiri in the first ten minutes by poncing on the ball and trying to play it leisurely out from the back allowing our forwards to quickly close them down. I must admit I was not impressed when we resigned Alex Wall but on his day he's a good footballer and a real handful as their defence found out. We had some good chances 2nd half to really rub their noses in it but they didn't go in, their keeper making himself big and blocking them. The only downside was an injury to fullback Sam who had be helped off the pitch, he has been a real find for Dartford, so lets hope its not serious.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

"Dartford assistant manager Christian Jolley reacts to 4-1 National League South win at Ebbsfleet United"

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... va-279490/
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Like Christian's views a lot. Honest talking. Yes, I was probably a critic of the signings of Wall and Sheringham at the beginning of the season but Dowse gets the best out of them both. Yesterday Alex was immense and deserves the acclaim he's getting.
I was also thinking it would have been nice to have had Smithy and Johnson in the starting line up and was so pleased to have young Jack back on the bench. He looked so up for it when he came on even if he only had 10 minutes.
COYD's
Park Life

Post by Park Life »