Total votes: 34

M1 South

Re: Ebbsfleet v Dartford Mon 26 Dec 2022 at 3pm

Post by M1 South »

That boy talks sense!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

M1 South wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:47 am That boy talks sense!!
Quality 🤣🤣🤣🤣
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Hurry up & get those Highlights up Parky!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

M1 South wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:29 pm Hurry up & get those Highlights up Parky!!
I keep checking every 5 mins mate.

Going into a show at 2:30 so hope its before then 🤣🤣
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

M1 South wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:47 am That boy talks sense!!
Gawd knows how! 😝
Spike

Post by Spike »

Incredible game, Darts went for the jugular right from the off and it was all over after 15 mins. Following on from Havant, that's 2 great back to back away wins against the two big spending teams everyone tipped to finish first and second. Similar to the Tony Burman success years, it seems Dowse has assembled a team that is significantly greater than the sum of it's parts. Yes, there are quality players in our squad, but the team spirit and work ethic is phenomenal and takes us up another level.

I don't think anyone gave less than an 8/10 yesterday, but the standout for me was Maxwell Statham who gets my MOTM vote, with Alex Wall just missing out. Similar to the Havant game, there was a high energy intensity about our performance that simply overwhelmed our opponents. Fleet's determination to play out from the back proved to be their undoing as Darts were just all over them. This tactic has obviously served them well for a while as you don't get that many points by accident, but it did seem that even though it clearly wasn't working, they had no back up plan and made no attempt to change their strategy. From a tactical point of view, Dowse gave Kutrieb a bloody good hiding. Our forwards pressed them hard and whilst Fleet looked easy on the eye and quite threatening going forward, defensively we made them look very poor indeed.

Fleet's current situation does seem very similar to ours last season. An absolutely incredible start and then the wheels came off. Okay, we eventually recovered a little and still made the play-offs, but could never get back to that early season level. Fleet have now lost 6 of their last 8 competitive games which is a bit more than a blip. Kutrieb is under immense pressure to get a result next Sunday as 7 defeats in 9 would surely constitute a crisis for a club that have backed the manager financially to the extent that the title had become an expectation rather than a hope. Darts, on the other hand, started the season with much more modest aspirations. The general consensus amongst our fans was that Fleet and Havant had the top two places sewn up and that we would probably be competing with about 8 or 9 other clubs for the remaining 5 play-off spots and achieving one would be seen as a decent season. Now all of a sudden we have a chance next Sunday to open up a 6 point lead at the top of the table. Sure, Fleet would still have 3 games in hand, but if that situation materialises, boy are they going to be feeling the pressure.

ps. Fantastic to see last year's (almost unanimous) player of the season, Dan back in goal yesterday. Young and Mare have done a great job in his absence, but Dan is a bit special.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Unable to go because of family commitments etc.
Read all the write ups and had a mate there for updates.
Absolutely made up but the most satisfying thing is it was well deserved and not a freak result.
On to NYD where I’d imagine they will be hurting badly so will be massively up for the game but we will more than match that hunger we know that about our boys.

Massive well done to the players, management team and the excellent support .
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

This time yesterday we were 3 up.🤣🤣
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Enjoy:-

The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Loved watching that, cheers PL.

Superb performance and result.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Classic Men v Boys!!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

You have to think what pleasure did a Fleet supporter get from that. Looking at it, you have to think, why didn't we get EIGHT? Where were the Fleet highlights?
Same again New Years day please. Fleet can play all their pretty football, we'll have em on the break.
Dennis finds it hard to say something like 'Congrats Dartford, you deserved it' as if it'd get stuck in his throat.
Bloody lovely to watch, cheers Parky. but you don't speak so eloquently like what your Brother does, a? :D
Great stuff.
COYD's
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

So good I watched it twice. :D
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

£bbsfl££t Highlights:-

Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Didn’t see it before but, Wall’s celebration in front of the ‘family terrace’ was absolute quality!! I’m beginning to warm to him. What a unit!
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Thanks Parky
Family commitments meant I couldn't get to the game and to be honest it was only when The 5th Searcher in Oz rang whilst we were eating deserts that I got the up to date score after 15 minutes. (Unbelievable :))
Regularly checked after the update and just couldn't wait for the highlights.
The second half showed how we dominated the game with numerous chances but the first half can only be described as a slaughtering :lol:
Well done to the whole team for an unbelievable performance and to all the fans that were able to make the journey and also to those that made these highlights for those of us that could not get to the game.
70 years of supporting the Darts and many Xmas derby games watched over the years and I don't think any future game will ever top this one but we do have New Years Day to come and fingers crossed I would take a 1-0 win and enjoy it almost as much as this game.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

The Solly/Wall incident on the first goal was laughable from the commentator. Solly had fistfuls of wall's shirt but it was dirty work by Wall that was all he could see. Admittedly, Wall threw him to one side to get away.
At times Solly was the last defender for Fleet but what chance did he have against Wall for the fourth? Man mountain against a midget and even then Solly tried to stop him by grabbing at his shirt.
As for the kick-off, can anyone else hear the Fleet supporter shouting 'same old Dartford' after about twenty seconds. 4-1 at half time. 'same old Dartford'. I'm sure he was eating his words at the break. Probably the same guy who I picked up outside the ground after the game, after he managed to fall flat on his face after tripping up the kerb. Happy New Year.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Like every Fan really enjoyed the highlights which were almost as good as watching it on the day , however [ love them or hate them] the Fleet were very dangerous going forward with slick one two's and it was great credit to our defence for their performance but we need to do exactly the same at PP or we could get beat . We defended great from the front/midfield as well and the Wall/Solly was a total missmatch - hope Solly plays at PP and that Denis is arrogant enough to play his [ stupid] system of playing from the 6yd box

Really looking forward to Sundays game , should be a cracker !!!!!!!!!!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:59 pm Didn’t see it before but, Wall’s celebration in front of the ‘family terrace’ was absolute quality!! I’m beginning to warm to him. What a unit!
Hold on, just a minute!!!!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

He’ll be saying the officials had a good game next??